ANNOUNCEMENT April Update - Coming 23 April 2019

Yeah, an actual shooting war between superpowers would probably do a lot more to cut down on ganking than any amount of crime and punishment reworks. Could give naval ranks some purpose too. :V
But, as a King / Admiral which side do we pick?

Still baffles me why reputation gain with the Feds didn't have a reductive effect on rep with the Empire and vice versa, or why there was no mechanism for losing major power reputation included?

But, as a King / Admiral which side do we pick?

Still baffles me why reputation gain with the Feds didn't have a reductive effect on rep with the Empire and vice versa, or why there was no mechanism for losing major power reputation included?
As it stands our PF rank outstrips all the fake hired-gun ranks we have with the superpowers. We're basically mercenaries who work for the people who give us the stuff we want.

An actual military career would probably change the face of your personal galaxy in a large number of ways that are too many to delve into here, but there is a huge potential for interesting gameplay just in that.

As it stands our PF rank outstrips all the fake hired-gun ranks we have with the superpowers. We're basically mercenaries who work for the people who give us the stuff we want.

An actual military career would probably change the face of your personal galaxy in a large number of ways that are too many to delve into here, but there is a huge potential for interesting gameplay just in that.
Yeah, imagine the second account revenue if you had to pick ONE and stick with it...

"Oh lookie, a foot! BANG! Oopsie, it's MY foot..."

Edit: Imagine the extra revenue if instead of having to muck about with relogging a different account via the launcher, FDev were to offer say, one, two or half a dozen extra CMDR slots on the same account for a reasonable fee each. Using the main menu to switch from my Corvette to my Cutter would be better.

How about a dedicated Combat / Trade / Exploration CMDR, that doesn't have to give up the leadership of their squadron to enjoy a vastly different play style / persona. How about a dedicated PYR8 save, or one that's specifically for PvP instead of encouraging multi-boxing or cheating easy credits with multi-crew?

Last edited:
Yeah, imagine the second account revenue if you had to pick ONE and stick with it...

"Oh lookie, a foot! BANG! Oopsie, it's MY foot..."

Edit: Imagine the extra revenue if instead of having to muck about with relogging a different account via the launcher, FDev were to offer say, one, two or half a dozen extra CMDR slots on the same account for a reasonable fee each. Using the main menu to switch from my Corvette to my Cutter would be better.

How about a dedicated Combat / Trade / Exploration CMDR, that doesn't have to give up the leadership of their squadron to enjoy a vastly different play style / persona. How about a dedicated PYR8 save, or one that's specifically for PvP instead of encouraging multi-boxing or cheating easy credits with multi-crew?
I'd like at least one extra slot, myself because I would like to clear a slot and start over every once in a while. But I'm not doing that with this one. After all the hassle I went through engineering this stuff, I'm not going through that again on my main Cmdr. But by the same token, they don't want too many slots as that would take away from the time you spend using each slot and some would rarely be used at all. Sort of the same reason that prostitution is illegal in Clark County, Lake Tahoe and Reno Nevada while it's legal everywhere else in the state. It's to keep the streets safe for gambling. A beast can't serve two masters.

For the cmdrs complaining about the docking computer. It looks like most of you are upset that the game is becoming too easy.
I don't see how a new player playing in solo, in the new player safe zone, using their docking computer and auto pilot is going to impact your game play experience.

Welcome to technical support, can you reproduce the error?
Yup, see below for a verbatim copy of the problem / crash box...
Error during application startup [X]
Exception initialising application:

String reference not set to an instance of a String.
Parameter name: s
Same crash box for Original + Horizons - please fix ;)

Edit: Restarting Steam doesn't fix it, just FYI...

Welcome to technical support, can you reproduce the error?
Yup, see below for a verbatim copy of the problem / crash box...
Error during application startup [X]
Exception initialising application:

String reference not set to an instance of a String.
Parameter name: s
Same crash box for Original + Horizons - please fix ;)

Edit: Restarting Steam doesn't fix it, just FYI...
Source: https://twitter.com/EliteDangerous/status/1118074487696691201

Having same launcher problem via STEAM. Recomendations and file checking didn't help, to fix it.

Attachments

• Зауваження 2019-04-16 121651.jpg
    Зауваження 2019-04-16 121651.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 81
I did not restart the launcher for several days and all seems to be working fine with it except the notification about inability to check for its version:

I consider this as a good and friendly server side bug because it did not force me to update to a broken launcher. :)
But now I'm afraid to close it after all those reports...

Help, I cant log in either, launcher says update required, followed instructions and am continually getting the same "update required"
PC, win 7, screen shot attached .steam launcher.JPG

Steam solution was:

1) in Windows Explorer locate:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\COMMON\Elite Dangerous\EDLaunch.exe

2) Right click on EDLaunch.exe, select "send-to", select desktop (create a shortcut).

3) Use the desktop shortcut for the time being.

That SHOULD work until Steam gets fixed. Looks like a small update came in and broke the link to the launcher. I tried this today and it worked for me.

Hello folks,

Just wanted to address some of the concerns regarding botting raised in this thread. Firstly, we want to make it extremely clear that we do not tolerate botting, client manipulation or cheating and that doing so violates the EULA and Terms of Use agreed to when signing up for a Frontier account.

While we will not go into details regarding individual botting reports, we can confirm that we do investigate all reports thoroughly and take action against accounts that are found to be breaking the Terms of Use.

We'd like to assure you that we take each and every bot report very seriously and that we appreciate your continued reports and vigilance, helping to keep Elite Dangerous a fair and inclusive game.

Will,

I understand why Frontier can't comment on the results of individual reports for bot complaints, combat logging, or other violations of the EULA and Terms of Use. However, has anyone considered releasing an aggregate report monthly/quarterly/bi-yearly on these issues? That would go a long way to satisfying a lot of the complainers who constant state "Frontier is doing nothing."

For example, you could have a report for 2019 Q1 that states:
Number of Bot reporting incidents: 1100
Number of Bot report investigations completed: 900
Number of Bot reports that resulted in warnings issued: 400
Number of Bot reports that resulted in suspensions: 300
Number of Bot reports that resulted in account bans: 200

Now I personally don't have a stake in this botting issue.... or combat logging... or any of the other major complaints However, it would be nice to see reports back from Frontier showing how much they are actually doing with the user reports sent to them. Seeing actual numbers and statistics go a lot further than "Trust us, we take a reports seriously."

This is just a suggestion. Perhaps you could pass it up the chain for review. I'm sure this wouldn't be too hard to create from whatever ticketing system your Support group uses.

Now I personally don't have a stake in this botting issue.... or combat logging... or any of the other major complaints However, it would be nice to see reports back from Frontier showing how much they are actually doing with the user reports sent to them. Seeing actual numbers and statistics go a lot further than "Trust us, we take a reports seriously."

Lol - like the 2.8% for board flippers stopped that debate ;)

Any number would be disbelieved, just as Will's statement about what fdev does about bots has been.

Top Bottom