ANNOUNCEMENT April Update Content Reveal Livestream - Recap

Couple of questions re: Navigation Panel

Left hand column shows an exploration activity icon...
Does this disappear as confirmation you've discovered and / or mapped the object (where appropriate) and is the same icon present / missing from the galaxy map (visited filter) or system map until explored?

Left hand column appeared to include a Codex entry icon...
Please confirm as above, and if a given object (eg planet / moon) has multiple bio / geo / xeno / human discoveries will that icon disappear on composition scanning just one, all, or only discoveries of the same type on that body so it's relatively easy to decide on cruising to any remaining discoveries?

Finally, is there a similar mechanic for nav beacon trade data and tourist beacons?

Knowing at a glance if you've already scanned something would be a huge time saver. ;)

Edit: No, I don't mean in the "bubble up" panel, I mean on the nav panel itself.

Last edited:
What happens if (old) players are in the new starter systems when the update goes live? Lol
I know they're currently unpopulated, but someone could be traveling through, or surface prospecting or whatnot...

What happens if (old) players are in the new starter systems when the update goes live? Lol
I know they're currently unpopulated, but someone could be traveling through, or surface prospecting or whatnot...
Hmm, let me get back to you on Tuesday...

Edit: Actually you can check for yourself - the starter system Dromi is currently called Manu. I might relocate there for the relaunch - what could go wrong ;)

Oh, found some others:
Locating the new Starter Systems in 3.4:
Dromi was Manu
Matet was Wo 9732
Wolfsegen was Col 285 Sector SV-N a36-1
Otegine was Col 285 Sector XB-M a37-0
Orna was Col 285 Sector XB-M a37-1
Lia Fail was LFT 1482

Last edited:
A good solid update and well thought out - trading works how I always thought it should - no more following the coloured lines! Also really like the codex entries - adds quite a lot of atmosphere to the game.

I wonder if the Pilot's Manual (which was long overdue an update) will be available outside the game.

If anyone from F D reads this will you please get them to move "Docking Practice" into the main training area from the challenges area.

BTW - Like the look of the trade changes. (y)

For all the focus on new players, FDev really needs to fix the infinite needing update loop of the new launcher that occurs while using Steam to try to play while set to "Play Elite Dangerous" (First Image & Second Image) which for horizons owners has a work-around of selecting "Play Elite Dangerous: Horizons" (Third & Fourth Image). I've already seen at least one steam review of a new player requesting a refund as they can't launch the game.

Image 1 above

Image 2 above

Image 3 above

And yes this has already been posted to the issue tracker ( https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/537 )
but the images uploads failed there

Another question / suggestion...

Now you've added a relatively easy way to check the commodities market for goods that might turn a profit in a system where you're already going to continue a mission, which is awesome by the way, can this mechanic be expanded to add a similar icon to the mission board when stacking them too?

Since you (currently) only have one mission icon, the orange square and globe, I guess we'd still need to open any mission so indicated on the board to find out if it's also going to the same station and then decide if we want to stack them as well, to do the extra intra-stellar travel to multiple destinations?

This is a great step forwards, and I reckon you could do a lot more with it. ;)

Edit: Has anyone considered local missions that don't require a hyperspace jump?

Guest193293

G
Pilot's Notebook and Regions description in the codex for the next update ?

Ok, here's another one (or two)...

If you happen to be sitting on the only medium pad at an outpost and another ship requests docking, why is there no klaxon, siren or other warning noise telling us to get off the pad or log out? In SOLO an NPC might wait five minutes before trying again, but another player spamming it would be more annoying.

I'm not suggesting a "Incoming mission critical message" because it's not, and I typically ignore those anyway (who doesn't?) and now I'm on that subject, why are they ALL critical, especially if its just some lame offer from someone who clearly has no clue you're in a cargo ship while offering assassinations?

Can we keep "critical" for missions we already have and add an "optional" voice track?

And another thing, why can we not hear these at all while in the system / galaxy maps?

Hmm, let me get back to you on Tuesday...

Edit: Actually you can check for yourself - the starter system Dromi is currently called Manu. I might relocate there for the relaunch - what could go wrong ;)

Oh, found some others:
Locating the new Starter Systems in 3.4:
Dromi was Manu
Matet was Wo 9732
Wolfsegen was Col 285 Sector SV-N a36-1
Otegine was Col 285 Sector XB-M a37-0
Orna was Col 285 Sector XB-M a37-1
Lia Fail was LFT 1482
I concur, but spotted a few others. Many are currently devoid of planets:

Azoth ------ Col 285 Sector SV-N A36-2
Dromi ------ Manu
Lia Fail ------ LFT 1482
Matet ------ WO 9732
Orna ------ Col 285 Sector XB-M A37-1
Otegine ------ Col 285 Sector XB-M A37-0
Sharur ------ LPM 734
Tarnkaafe ------ Col 285 Sector WB-M A37-0
Tyet ------ Col 285 Sector WB-M A37-1
Wolfsegen ------ Col 285 Sector SV-N A36-1

Ten seems to be it for new(b) permit locked systems, but there's also:

Arcadian ------ Col 285 Sector VQ-N A36-0
Desyne ------ Col 285 Sector YW-L A37-2
Gokcen ------ Col 285 Sector ED-K A38-2
Kanbaat ------ Col 285 Sector AI-K A38-2
Kin Lang ------ Col 285 Sector VQ-N A36-1
Myropolic ------ Col 285 Sector YW-L A37-0
Rantii ------ Col 285 Sector YW-L A37-3
Rolli ------ Col 285 Sector TQ-N A36-3
Shinarui ------ Col 285 Sector WQ-N A36-0
Tsimsang ------ Col 285 Sector ZW-L A37-2
Tunchualik ------ Col 285 Sector YW-L A37-1
Volkova ------ Col 285 Sector ZW-L A37-0
Vuaka 352 ------ Col 285 Sector AI-K A38-0
Willbow ------ Col 285 Sector TQ-N A36-3
Zen Thusa ------ Col 285 Sector AX-L A37-0

And there's also these in the sector next door that showed a rename:

Laika ------ Crucis Sector EH-M A7-0
Shen Di ------ Crucis Sector EH-M A7-1
Vihaara ------ Crucis Sector EH-M A7-2

Annnnd, then I got bored and went to map some of them instead...

Edit: Interested to see if I keep first map on Wolfsegen 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Edit post patch: Nope, pfffft!

Last edited:
This looks like a really nice update. I actually was expecting this type of stuff to arrive in Beyond but we didn't get much of it. I particularly like the refreshed main menu screen. I hope the launcher also gets a refresh as that design is getting a bit stale by now.

Add in a nice helping of bug fixes, and I will be more than pleased!

Edit: Has anyone considered local missions that don't require a hyperspace jump?
They exist. Obviously donation, mining and fetch cargo don't necessarily require leaving the current system - but you can also get trade missions to another station in the same system if the economies and BGS states line up right, and I saw a couple of surface strike missions to an in-system target recently.

"Ships will not retroactively be given these new modules"...Does this mean I have to buy another 200million credit ship just to get these features?

• "Once a commander gains a rank in Trade, Combat or Exploration they are offered a graduation mission that directs them out of the district. Once they leave and dock outside these systems, the permit is revoked and the player cannot access them again."
Does this mean I can only gain one rank -- Trade, Combat or Exploration. Or can I re-enter the Federation District and gain a rank other than the one I already have?

Once you get a rank - any rank - you will receive a mission that will lead you outside of Pilots Federation District.
If you take that mission and get out of the said Pilots Federation District you cannot come back

Those being said, you can stay in that district as long as you want - no one will kick you out.

Thanks for answering dumb newbie questions. If I stay in the district after getting an Exploration rank, can I then also get a Trade rank, giving me two ranks, or is that not even logical. Do you have to choose one rank and stick with that?

I attempted ED about two years ago for a very short period -- days. Now I'm returning because of the "April Update". Will I be allowed into the new Pilots' Federation District?

Well, I just started the newly updated ED and there is no mention of the Federation District, so it seems the game recognizes me as a returnee and doesn't offer the new training. Is there any way to delete my current membership and restart as a new commander?

Last edited:
Top Bottom