Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch 1

FSS OMG

sno_KdzjofA.jpg

I've relog'd a few times, but passengers are still stuck, no option to jettision them or complete the missions, at an outpost but if I flew to another station I wouldn't be able to change ship to do something else cos of the passengers!

Hmmm, maybe there are still some types of passenger missions that aren't working; the one that I'm doing is one of those long range tourist missions.

Have you tried completely exiting the game and closing the launcher (sorry not much help if not on PC though)?

Earlier I also tried to relog while in the game, but that didn't help the passenger mission to reappear....can't say I'm convinced that exiting the game and launcher helped, but it may be worth a try if you haven't done so already.

I have the same issue, before the patch it was occasional, but now it's more often.

Also I have a problem while zooming out since the patch, the focus is done on the main object of the subsystem. It's not natural and more time consuming.
There is already an issue created in the FD tracker here, https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/840, just go and confirm it guys, so its sorted out by FD.

And yeah, the focus on main object is hopefully just bug too.

Hmmm, maybe there are still some types of passenger missions that aren't working; the one that I'm doing is one of those long range tourist missions.

Have you tried completely exiting the game and closing the launcher (sorry not much help if not on PC though)?

Earlier I also tried to relog while in the game, but that didn't help the passenger mission to reappear....can't say I'm convinced that exiting the game and launcher helped, but it may be worth a try if you haven't done so already.
relog dosn't help unfortunately, also on PS4.
Just made it to another station to change ship but it won't let me cos of passengers :(

Guess the only option would be to self destruct and eat the rebuy :(
Unless this can be fixed today?

Hopefully Fdev fixed the biggest bug I've been suffering with, Borderless mode FPS drop and severe graphic studdering. It was fine before the April update and now It gives me a headache to even play elite. I'll find out when I get home.

Greetings Commanders,

The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for all platforms from tomorrow morning (2 May) starting at 09:30 AM (UTC) for approximately 30 minutes to apply a minor update containing fixes and improvements.
[snip)

Hi Will, when will you add a female German voice to COVAS, please?

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Hello Commanders,

We just wanted to give you a quick update on some of the issues regarding missions that you reported after this morning's update. We've rolled out a fix for missions that were taken prior to today's update. These missions should now appear in your transactions tab and you should be able to complete them.

In regards to missions taken shortly after this morning's update, we're actively investigating their disappearance and will update you when we have more information available.

If you find that you're still having trouble, please do let us know!

Right. Passengers are still stuck in the cabins. No change with relog or exit the game. After the update today I accepted the sightseeing missions, traveled and scanned the beacon not getting the passenger complete responses. Back to the origin station and then saw no listings on the transactions page or passenger lounge. I might consider a ship destruct and a 5 million rebuy but that doesn't guarantee the next passenger mission accepted will work. Also after the update I wouldn't want to find out that the rebuy might have issues getting all the engineered equipment back. At least the launcher says that Frontier is investigating the problem.

UPDATE: Restarting the game an hour later the passenger missions appeared on the transactions page. So I flew them again out and back. Upon return they were listed in the passenger lounge. However I could not collect the rewards per, "Cannot connect to Frontier server". Quit then restart the game and all missions disappeared as well as all passengers were removed from the cabins. We're clean. I then accepted another single passenger mission, completed it and was able to collect the reward. I lost the rewards for the "shuck" missions. Oh well I'm happy to be doing missions again. :)

Regards

Last edited:
Well there's the thing. The whole drama about the drag change was done before the update actually hit live and even now people who never even got hit by said weapons are still thinking they are horrible. They are not. If someone can keep the other ship permanently under the drag effect, he could have finished the fight quicker with some other mod like screening. What the current boost disabling drags do is they disable the boost for a little while enough to mess the enemy boost timing in PvP which forces the enemy to boost at an unoptimal moment which leads to more dynamic positioning during the fight (also means the pilot firing the drag has to think when to apply the effect). It's also good for crowd control when focusing an enemy. We have had interesting wing fights with friends for about a week with drags (seekers, pack hounds, frags) and not once was anyone able to permanently disable the boost of an enemy ship even though it's possible in theory. If someone can do that, it already means he has won the fight thanks to superior piloting skills.

... and as far as trade ships needing the boost speed to escape, that's not really true. FDL, Mamba, Krait for example can easily dance around boosting trade ship so if ganking traders is the goal, screening is much better choice. The main point about the importance of the current drag in PvP is to deny the opponent the turn rate of the boost turn and not really the top speed (you can carry on momentum with fa-off, drag doesn't slow you down).

you don't get it: cooldown period was irrelevant as it wasn't the only cooldown period the target of a ganker had to potentially deal with. with weapons that can disrupt trajectory combined with the new Drag Munitions it was possible to keep easy-to-hit targets from aligning with h-jump trajectory (as many, often especially bigger ships need to utilize their boost in order to align with trajectory under trajectory disrupting fire) during the very short window of opportunity for h-jumping out during the cooldown period of Grom-Bombs (powerplay special variants of FSD reboot ammo dumbfire missiles) after FSD reboot and the first bit of charge-up completed at that.

like this it meant that every easy-to-hit player target of such a loadout had to either 1.: die, 2.: fight back and win - or 3.: quit to menu (the latter making entering open play in the first place pointless) when intercepted. no H-Jumping out for big and decently tanky built (and fully engineered-out and tricked-out) multirole Transporters, Explorers or PvE loadouts in open anymore. such tweaks don't exist in a vacuum - the Drag Munitions tweak turned open play from a free-for-all, where the prepared still could reliably resist ganking attempts despite not flying a total PvP fit or tiny ship, into a dedicated PvP fit or tiny ship only mode.

i just noticed that the groups is still there but i can not start it on :
/continue/private group session/thepeppi/

there it says not created

Top Bottom