Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch 1

Right. Passengers are still stuck in the cabins. No change with relog or exit the game. After the update today I accepted the sightseeing missions, traveled and scanned the beacon not getting the passenger complete responses. Back to the origin station and then saw no listings on the transactions page or passenger lounge. I might consider a ship destruct and a 5 million rebuy but that doesn't guarantee the next passenger mission accepted will work. Also after the update I wouldn't want to find out that the rebuy might have issues getting all the engineered equipment back. At least the launcher says that Frontier is investigating the problem.

Better wait or write a ticket. FD support can remove them, but I think they restored the missions from a backup and the passengers on board somehow are not linked to them anymore. They might be able to fix that in another step, don't know for sure ofc. Many moons ago I had a similar problem and wrote a ticket, but next morning, the mission in question had expired and the passengers went off-board alone. Or so support told me. You could try to make them unhappy ofc and they might jump overboard possibly.

As I said earlier, I did a donation mission after the patch and that worked ok. To verify, I did not instantly pay, but left the mission dialog, checked the transaction tab, reopened the missions dialog again and reluctantly paid 300k to a rivaling faction as the Teabaggers were not short of money that time. Don't know what happens with passengers/cargo, but some here wrote initially donation missions didn't work too, and they did in my case.

O7,
🙃

On the bright side, after the events of this past week I appreciate the importance of module priorities more than I could have ever possibly imagined.

It's good to have them back.

Ich wünschte, Sie würden den Dustbuster während des Updates integrieren. Das wäre eine echte grafische Aufwertung!

Laughing so hard that this was the solution to so many issues raised over the last few pages

Attachments

• ITCrow.jpg
    ITCrow.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 271
Anybody else having problems with this update?
My launcher is stuck saying "Preparing for update" & has been for about 15 minutes. Closed the launcher with Win10 task manager & restarted-same again.

edit: ah, now proceeding. Looks like EDDiscovery was downloading updates & maybe hogging bandwidth. Still took 5 minutes before EDLauncher started downloading files, but at least it is now!

Last edited:

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Hello again, Commanders!

We believe that the issues concerning missions taken after today's update have been resolved. Any mission you attempted to take that was not added to your Transaction Tab, has been deleted from our servers and you will not be penalised for this for "failing"/being unable to complete these missions. If you find you have passengers in your ship, but no correlating mission, please simply restart the game and these should be ejected into space.

If you encounter any further issues concerning missions, passengers or today's update, please let us know and report them on the Issue Tracker. Your reports via the Tracker today have been incredibly useful for the team in combatting the issues that have arisen.

Thank you!

Hello Commanders,

We just wanted to give you a quick update on some of the issues regarding missions that you reported after this morning's update. We've rolled out a fix for missions that were taken prior to today's update. These missions should now appear in your transactions tab and you should be able to complete them.

In regards to missions taken shortly after this morning's update, we're actively investigating their disappearance and will update you when we have more information available.

If you find that you're still having trouble, please do let us know!

...with the new Drag Munitions it was possible to keep easy-to-hit targets from aligning with h-jump trajectory (as many, often especially bigger ships need to utilize their boost in order to align with trajectory under trajectory disrupting fire) during the very short window of opportunity for h-jumping out during the cooldown period of Grom-Bombs (powerplay special variants of FSD reboot ammo dumbfire missiles) after FSD reboot and the first bit of charge-up completed at that.

You could boost to align straight after the interdiction while the enemy is deploying hardpoints and as far as Grom-Bombs are concerned, they work just fine with or without drag boost disabling. It's the force shells that mess the aligning, maybe they should be reverted to normal cannons too?

As it is now, drags don't really do much anything in PvP since ships that rely on boost can use the boost to position them out of drag effect so they can recharge their eng cap to boost all the time very quickly. In the trader ganking situation it isn't like that since it's harder to position yourself out of drag effect so now without the drag disabling boost, you get about two boosts while against the boost disabling drags you got one or two. So as you see boost disabling drags didn't really affect traders all that much but it did affect certain permaboosting PvPers and thus they got salty as they want to continue to permaboost and not adapt. They just sold this bogus "all traders will die" story to get the support of PvE community. Well it worked, so thumbs up for successfully fooling people (FDev included).

The FSS going crazy happened to me immediately after the last update and continued to do so, I think it happened me most when I was above a certain distance from the planets I was scanning. It didnt happen in small systems.

That makes sense. It happened to me multiple times in a row scanning a B star's systems.

...whoa was I behind that curve!

Last edited:
Top Bottom