Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch 1

The "Repair all" not fixing paint is intentional and was implemented after initially fixing up Paint as well automatically.
Some like (me included btw.) having those "scars of long hauls" on many of their Ships, so blame folks like me for the current state of having to manually fix the paint.
I still think that hull integrity fix must be returned to repair all option as now it can be done only separately.

I'm a little worried that on Thursday there is going to be a rush to guardian sites, between the FSS crashing for 2/3 of the systems I hit this weekend, and not being able to exit to main menu on a planet (ship or srv) every time. Why would we want to grind the stuff?

I still think that hull integrity fix must be returned to repair all option as now it can be done only separately.
Repair Hull Integrity option wasn't included in the repair all function pre April patch either.

It and the repair paint option have been separate for as long as I can remember (1.2 ish).

The game destroyed after patch april....The ****ing Fss is not working and i quit the game....... .Frontier not respond and not fix yet ...Im so sad for that.....Its a sin

Yep, worst part is (once again) that there is absolutely no info or acknowledgement from FDev.

Are the FSS bugs noted?
Are they being worked on?
When can we expect any kind of fix?

Seriously, the exploration is very close to unusable at the moment.... And what else is there to do 18000 LY away?

Last edited:
A look through the last 15-30 pages of reported bugs on the issue tracker shows at least 10 serious bugs, every one at least confirmed by 5 different people, or much more, if you take into account the duplicate reports. The last pages are the most recent, so you always have to start to read from the last page on toward the earlier pages.
The FSS is the reason, I stopped playing for now. My explorer style playing is not possible without aggravation at this time.

But there are other bugs, so for example the hang while exiting the game, if you fight Guardian Sentries, the crash killing skimmers, and a lot of other bugs. Some of the bugs are crashes, where you can loose things, others are just annoying. I like the latest update, there are a lot of good things, I also like the new UI. But the the game code seems to be in an unmaintainable state. I cannot imagine the developers being that sloppy or incompetent, that is just not possible. I think they fight hard, and maybe have not enough time.

But whatever the reasons are, looking through the issue reports is an eye opener. The state of the game is not good. And no, this is not 'Doom' post. But something has to be done, and soon. If they communicate or not - I do no longer care. For now I stopped playing. Since I have the game I avoided certain things, because of possible bugs. I play to relax, fighting NPCs is fine, but fighting bugs is not. And now, with the FSS and other explorer related things I avoid the entire game, there is not enough left to play without problems. A pity...

It's Tuesday so I'm hoping there will be a patch today, or on Thursday and we'll get some news / patch notes soon. The FSS bug is really apparent and quite game-breaking. I'm sure they are on it.

It's Tuesday so I'm hoping there will be a patch today, or on Thursday and we'll get some news / patch notes soon. The FSS bug is really apparent and quite game-breaking. I'm sure they are on it.
Today it is much too late. They would have announced it, its UTC 9 am. Maybe Thursday, but I don't hold my breath. For me it is back to Fallout 4 or Skyrim, both games have a lot of bugs, but they are known, are no game stoppers and can be easily avoided. Also there are working user patches, which is possible with this games.

The new community goals - I would have loved to take a look at the sites, but not with a only shaky working FSS. I have all the Guardian modules anyway. If one tries to motivate players with CG at least the game should be in a playable state, which - for me - it is not at this time. Really, the FSS, the Guardian sentry crash and other things are too much...

I really hope next time they do a beta next time, why did they not here ?
It's not a hotfix, it adds things, changes others, no beta ? Ok cool, you broke the game for some.

FSS is almost useless in this state, and you release this broken patch during Distant World 2, the biggest exploration trip yet, good job.
I don't have much time to play, so I'm literally thousands of LY late, and can't play because of this broken patch.

And the worst part as stated above is that there's absolutely no communication about that, no acknowledgement, no ETA, nothing, we're stuck in the void waiting for a supposed patch coming someday.

Also, fix the launcher in Steam, we should not have to rely on Reddit to find that we have to add "/EDH" in the command line for it to work.

Well, I haven't tested it yet but thanks for this update I guess. The exiting game problem was the most annoying thing.
Thanks Will, thanks Fdevs. 👍

Can anyone else try CQC is VR and see if it's having framerate issues? This latest patch fixed up the issues in the main game, but I believe that they persist in CQC, and I can't play without feeling nauseous.

In pc FSS problem it's still remains.....Im freeze in space for exploration .......** ** ....I don't believe it .....We are ****ing beta testers ....Pay and not to play

Last edited:
[...] the fawning dross [...]
You know that thing when someone uses a phrase and it sticks in your head and forms an image in your mind and the only way to exorcise it is to make it real?
fawningdross_s.jpg

It's OK. It's gone now.

Top Bottom