Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch 2

The Detailed Surface Scanner is showing unmapped planets as blue making it difficult to know where you've scanned. You can scan the first one in the system fine, but if you move to another, it's already blue as though scanned even though it hasn't.
I'm new to exploring and this is very frustrating having to guess where the probe has already hit.

It seems to depend on what angle you are scanning the star from, if you level with the orbital lines it fails to zoon.. if you go under the orbital lines it works again.
As far as I have experienced it seems that it was related mostly to the distance from the object to scan, I have always experienced this issue in systems with more than one star trying to scan far (more than 100 KLs) objects (planets and moons). Sometimes the close and reopening was the workaround, sometimes the only fix was to fly closer to the object, closer than 50 KLs to be certain to scan it without annoyances.

I am looking forward to see if the new patch has fixed it or not, even if I think it will pass some days before I will go again exploring. (Just back from a mini tour to x Carinae)

Would have been nice to have this one fixed but ah well, maybe next time eh

The Detailed Surface Scanner is showing unmapped planets as blue making it difficult to know where you've scanned. You can scan the first one in the system fine, but if you move to another, it's already blue as though scanned even though it hasn't.
I'm new to exploring and this is very frustrating having to guess where the probe has already hit.
I feel your pain...
...Anyway a way to just have a bit of more QOL, I know it is just a meager workaround 😞, it is using the System Map to plan the bodies you have still to surface scan.

This was supposed to be fixed with the first April patch. Unfortunately, it's still in the game 2 patches later.

yea, it's quite nasty for the planets that are requiring more than 7 probes to map.
but the most annoying was the FSS bug... which it still is?

Thank you for the reports! We've let the team know

It would be nice to know how that the original April update patch broke all this kind of stuff without addressing anything of it in the first place....Now it seems it's hard for you to even fix it. Meanwhile simple things like un-breaking the jump counter after your UI fix, and the mapped planet colours bug is still is on the todo list. Le sigh

but the most annoying was the FSS bug... which it still is?

The FSS camera repositioning bug fixed. It is wonderful. As for the FSS rendering issue, I am currently actively scanning, trying to reproduce it. At the moment everything looks good.

They already said the majority of the team are working on 2020, smaller team on 2019 - do keep up ;) Though the patches are somewhat ... disappointing.

Don't worry guys, by the time 2020 next era of ED rolls out, the current game will be virtually bug-free and perfectly enjoyable. Which means that it will revert back to a bug-full state and will be unplayable..

You'll be back - you always come back...
This time i was back for a few days, after a months long break, when the FSS broke and i havent played since. I did log on to my squadron discord server the other day to say hello, but im trying to convert some of them to an il2 squad.

Top Bottom