Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch 2

Hello folks,

Thank you for the reports! We've let the team know, but could you please let us know which systems you are in when this occurs?
https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/787
Is still lingering, it is a feature that I really want to see fixed since it makes you not need to use system map to check what you have and have not mapped, yet it is not even confirmed though it is reported in by many and is seemingly very easy to reproduce from my view.
Landable planets will always show mapped.
None landable will always show unmapped.

@Will: I'm quite new to Elite:Dangerous but already lived through the first update. Why do you (Frontier Development) are not giving more information about e.g. knowing about certain issues? For me from the outside it looks like, that you don't even know about problems within the game, what apparently is not quite the fact. Is there another board/forum or anything else to look up information from your company? You even brigded the first update day with a video stream. So, why do you (FD) do not give some little more response to questions many of the players came up with in the forum? And I mean normal simple questions without any negative feelings in them. Just simple things to let your community know: 'We are here and we hear you'. If we would have such an information strategy with our customers (software developing company as well) I had to look after a new job next month.

And by the way: I love all the things that were introduced with the april update.
See the Issue Tracker - https://issues.frontierstore.net/
Some game development companies don't provide any information regarding existing bugs or their plans on what they're going to fix. Many games companies also don't interract with their user base. Am also aware of many software development companies who don't communicate at all with their customers so bit of a broad assumption there.

@Will Flanagan

Will this fix the High Grade Emission (re)spawn?
Is it in the patch notes?

Greetings Commanders,

We're aiming to roll-out a patch for all platforms on Tuesday 14 May at 10:00 AM (UTC) to implement a couple of bug fixes and address issues with the FSS (crashing when using the FSS, as well as graphical display and camera re-positioning issues).

We will update this thread with final times/dates as well as patch notes at the start of next week.

Thank you for your understanding.

Please find the full patch notes below:

Cockpit
  • Cockpit cracking effects are now triggered on the new thresholds, meaning they appear at the correct time
Crashes/Stability
  • Fixed crash that could occur when entering an AX Conflict Zone
  • Fixed crash that could occur when using the FSS
Exploration
  • Fixed issue that caused intermediate zoom levels to incorrectly reposition away from the body that was zoomed in on
  • Fixed issue that caused FSS view to break (UI misplaced and rendering issues)
  • Fixed White Dwarf classes DC, DCV, DO, DOV, and DQ codex entries pointing to incorrect classes in the galaxy
  • White Dwarf Codex discoveries have been switched back on (once the patch is live)
Navigation Panel
  • Fixed "has appropriate landing pads" being set to false (in the Navigation Tab popup box) when it is in fact true
Server Fixes (since April Update - Patch 1)
  • Fixed local news articles not displaying at many markets
  • Fixed some Conflict Zones not despawning correctly
Still haven't fixed the Xbox connectivity issues introduced the first week of May:

No, it isn't. But then... When April's patch came out they said the High Grade (re)spawn was fixed, when it wasn't. That's why I am asking ;)
In ... case they snuck some extra fixes in and didn't list them in the patch notes?

Considering the team read the forums to get some visibility on issues and general feel from the user base, if they didn't have to sift through the ton of inane comments and questions they might have more time to get through the demands you put on them.

Must be a skeleton crew working on ED nowadays, dont remember a time when patching was this hit and miss.
The rapid series of patches after 3.0 released weren't great, especially with the introduction and rollback of some post-release C&P tweaks.

2.3 released with its primary feature still full of major bugs, plus skimmer rain, plus crashes in a lot of that version's story content.

It's not been a great release in terms of bugs, but there have definitely been worse.

In ... case they snuck some extra fixes in and didn't list them in the patch notes?

Considering the team read the forums to get some visibility on issues and general feel from the user base, if they didn't have to sift through the ton of inane comments and questions they might have more time to get through the demands you put on them.
The community managers are paid to do just that.

How shall I expiate the dishonor of being a customer? :)

The rapid series of patches after 3.0 released weren't great, especially with the introduction and rollback of some post-release C&P tweaks.

2.3 released with its primary feature still full of major bugs, plus skimmer rain, plus crashes in a lot of that version's story content.

It's not been a great release in terms of bugs, but there have definitely been worse.

The worst one was 2.3. It made the game almost unplayable for most people for about a week because the galaxy map was all over the shop. To be honest, as far as releases are concerned, this one's not too bad.

The community managers are paid to do just that.

How shall I expiate the dishonor of being a customer? :)
I think you'll find the CM's are paid to do MANY things with a limited amount of hours, one of which is not babysitting children ;)
People demand, demand, demand but don't actually do so constructively which would actually make everyone's lives easier and possibly get you what you want faster.

I think you'll find the CM's are paid to do MANY things with a limited amount of hours, one of which is not babysitting children ;)
People demand, demand, demand but don't actually do so constructively which would actually make everyone's lives easier and possibly get you what you want faster.

I think we live in alternate universes from each other.

Excellent news people say, yet I don't see any word on fixing the terrible instancing with ghost ships killing my wingmen or the firing glitch which ignores my input to fire plasma with my fully charged capacitors 🤔

I'll just wait another few months. 😂

Ahhhhh, so you are admitting that you are sabotaging the process! Now shhhh, no more posting inane comments - the team needs to read about the BUGS so they can fix them.

See the Issue Tracker - https://issues.frontierstore.net/
Some game development companies don't provide any information regarding existing bugs or their plans on what they're going to fix. Many games companies also don't interract with their user base. Am also aware of many software development companies who don't communicate at all with their customers so bit of a broad assumption there.
As I already stated, I was not able to access the issue tracker the first days (see further posts). But sometimes a small word from a company changes everything. And, the last days there was light in the information tunnel... :)

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
If i try to zoom in on LUNG star the zoom shoots off into neverland, cant scan aything.

Hello Darthtool,

We've been investigating the issue you raised earlier today with the team and require a little bit more information to understand the exact issue you're having. Is it possible for you (and any other Commanders experiencing this issue) to provide us some video footage of what you're experiencing?

Ultimately, this will help us understand when and where this is occurring. If you've previously made a Issue Tracker report about this, please also upload the footage there.

"That company built the house which fell apart yesterday, but unlike other companies they said it had issues".
This kind of argument does not help at all the game nor the community.

Criticism does.

While we must be grateful for having at least the issue tracker, we cannot be grateful for such a short patch note and bug multiplication like sweet Jesus did with bread and fish.
Right, criticism does. And I'm aware, that FDev has contact to their fan/players base. That was the reason, I was wondering about the silence after the update/first patch. And I wanted to show, how this looked to me as a new player. Their is always space above (and around in the void).

Top Bottom