Aquanox Reboot On Kickstarter

Hi Folks
Just noticed this on the SSC. There is a Kickstarter campaign to reboot the Aquanox series. Details here and promo vid below.
Edit: Updated the promo video.

Last edited:
Oh boy is it ever necro time. Just got notified through the Kickstarter campaign that the game is set to ship "within the next three months" :-D

I missed out on Archimedean Dynasty and the Aquanox games. I do have Subwar which was real good fun but could never get past the deep diving sub mission. Something to do with only having one torp launcher to fend off the enemy with. I suspect if I went back to it now I'd walk all over it.

This looks really good. I'll certainly give it a look once released (sorry, but I ain't pre-ordering anything ever now).
I see they have Garath Coker as a composer. The music is going to be pretty stunning then if nothing else is.

I missed out on Archimedean Dynasty and the Aquanox games. I do have Subwar which was real good fun but could never get past the deep diving sub mission. Something to do with only having one torp launcher to fend off the enemy with. I suspect if I went back to it now I'd walk all over it.

The Trieste. You may possibly walk over that one mission, but the game was (and likely remains to this day) stupidly brutally difficult thanks to wiping your progress on death and forcing you to restart the campaign from scratch. It's one of the few games I had written dedicated savescum .BAT files for.

Oh you missed out on some awesome game there.
In German it was called Schleichfahrt.I still have the original disks. You might be able to find it on some abandonware sites.
There was absolutely nothing wrong with abusing the cluster torpedoes to cover enemy bombers in shrapnel. :D

I'm waiting for this game to be released too, #1 on my watch/wish list on Steam.

Oh boy is it ever necro time. Just got notified through the Kickstarter campaign that the game is set to ship "within the next three months" :-D
Really? Just yesterday I thought it was dead with no news since 2017, but if you kickstarter folks still recieve news? Now I am excited! AN 1 and 2 are my favourite games ever, their experience is uncontested.

Thought I would revisit this old thread of mine to share some thoughts. I am still waiting for this game's release since I backed it on kickstarter back in the day but it does seem finally we will see it soon. I think FD ought to look at it when it comes out too as I'd love to see underwater gameplay in Elite too. After all, in the past David even foresaw this with the creation of the Moray Starboat.
Moray Starboat.jpg

I was also further shocked to learn that Josh 'Badger' Atack did a great re-imagining of the Moray, how it might look in today's game.
MorayStarboat.jpg

Nice work Josh! I like it! :cool:

I backed Shroud Scam of the Avatar years ago, that vaccinated me against Kickstarter. 😂

I'll likely pick up this one when it releases though. Do you have early screenshots from the dev updates by any chance?

Top Bottom