Aquatic animal pass through fences

First off, that Zoo looks fantastic!!

You can find your save file here:
%USERPROFILE% \Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Planet Zoo\ <user-id> \Saves

You can send it to Frontier, not sure if it's either support@frontier.co.uk or community@frontier.co.uk.

I am not sure if they can save the file. But it could be real helpful to them to understand the issue.

The fact the game crashes when deleting the water, tells me, either the (local installation of the) game is broken, or the save file.
I don't think the "lake" you created is the issue.

Have you already tried verifying game files?
Thanks for all the advices ! 😃
Last question, I don't want to take your time more : what do you mean by "verifying game files"? 🧐

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Thanks for all the advices ! 😃
Last question, I don't want to take your time more : what do you mean by "verifying game files"? 🧐
Right click in Steam on your game, and there should be an option in the settings.

It will check if your installation is good, and if not, will restore the corrupted file, this has no effect on your save file, but may eliminate any issues in the background if they are there.

If the game still crashes after that, it should definitely be the save game that might be corrupted.

Right click in Steam on your game, and there should be an option in the settings.

It will check if your installation is good, and if not, will restore the corrupted file, this has no effect on your save file, but may eliminate any issues in the background if they are there.

If the game still crashes after that, it should definitely be the save game that might be corrupted.
Thanks I didn't even know this on Steam !
I made it, but it changes nothing 🥺

But thanks again !

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
My aquatic animals also swim thorugh barriers from time to time. The beavers seem to behave, but my grey seals and sea lions are mischievous.

20211012212249_1.jpg

I hope it gets solved! You have a nice zoo! I also had a zoo with a lot of water before and it also crashed back then. So there appears to be something wrong with water and indeed, the aquatic animals swimming through barriers. For me, a more powerful computer system fixed the crashes (i do still have escaping aquatic animals). You could always try out your save game on someone else's computer to find out whether it is the file or your computer system.

I don't have any crash issues related to water, but I do have the diving-animal-escape bug. Many months ago I stopped putting water against any barrier.... I dig the water hole so it's surrounded by land. This has stopped the diving-related escapes, at least so far.

Unfortunately the newest timed scenario has multiple habitats with water against barriers, and it won't let you add or remove water. So the animals are phasing thru those barriers. Goodbye, gators. Goodbye, beavers. Goodbye, sea lions. And this is a timed scenario! 😕

I found out that you have to raise the ground to the waterlevel . In all other cases the aquatic animals will swim through it. tried it with pinguins, otters and beavers.So if you build a wall of rocks as a barrier, higher the ground there first and build the rocks on ( and into ) that.Then you have no escapes anymore. But I hope for a solution too. :)

I found out that you have to raise the ground to the waterlevel . In all other cases the aquatic animals will swim through it. tried it with pinguins, otters and beavers.So if you build a wall of rocks as a barrier, higher the ground there first and build the rocks on ( and into ) that.Then you have no escapes anymore. But I hope for a solution too. :)
Yep, same I use as a workaround, too. But it is not really nice to look at in a river.

Problem is you can't build underwater viewing areas like that either, so yeah, it devinitely needs an actual fix.

Sure, I would love to do that to avoid the bug. But I can't, because I can't remove any water without making crash the game :cry: I become crazy o_O

Sure, I would love to do that to avoid the bug. But I can't, because I can't remove any water without making crash the game :cry: I become crazy o_O
Did you already send your Save File to Frontier so they can take a Look at it? I've also sent them my File with the Proboscis Monkey Enclosure that makes the Game crash everytime a Animal is put in there. It could probably be useful to solve both of those Problems.
The Mail Adress is community@frontier.co.uk

My aquatic animals also swim thorugh barriers from time to time. The beavers seem to behave, but my grey seals and sea lions are mischievous.

View attachment 268271
I love the guest reaction here! I imagine an eerily levitating seal would freak me out too.

My gray seals and penguins are particularly bad this way. And I had to give up on otters at a couple of zoos, because they would swim through their barriers into the adjacent water area every few seconds. It's like the barriers weren't even there, and piling rocks in front of the barriers did not help either. They swam through those too.

I love the guest reaction here! I imagine an eerily levitating seal would freak me out too.

My gray seals and penguins are particularly bad this way. And I had to give up on otters at a couple of zoos, because they would swim through their barriers into the adjacent water area every few seconds. It's like the barriers weren't even there, and piling rocks in front of the barriers did not help either. They swam through those too.
01.JPG (2).jpg

Hello!

Today I've experienced grizzly bear swimming through habitat wall but no "escaped animal" alert was shown. He just swam down the river and returned. It was in one of the career scenarios (snowy one in Russia - 8th or 9th).

What's more, game started lagging for 2-3 seconds every minute. I've started to wonder what's wrong. I've remembered that I've had the same issue with crocodiles in 2nd scenario - I've placed habitat partly in existing river. Everything was ok but crocodiles were constantly escaping. Just randomly teleporting outside.

What I've did now was completely remove water and placed water back in the river and separately in habitat.

The result was - bears stopped swimming through fence and lagging ceased completely.

So this popular bug with swimming animals escaping may be correlated to animals treating water body as a whole, not enclosed by/in habitat borders.

TLDR:
If your animal is escaping through walls into water, delete water and place separated water bodies in the river/lake, and separately in the habitat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom