Are guardian weapons bugged in normal combat

The reason I'm asking this is because I'm hearing multiple reports that the guardian weapons are consistently underpowered/underperforming in normal combat.

The problem is apparently so severe that the guardian weapons are actually a liability for normal combat, because they seem to do less than half their stated damage.

Considering the difficulty of getting these weapons and the inability to engineer them, not to mention their other limitations, this seems like an extremely severe issue with them and something in need of an immediate fix.

Solution, remove the silly out of place Guardian weapons entirely. Have AX Upgrades for all standard weapons so we don't have to look at the cartonnish Guardian effects.

The reason I'm asking this is because I'm hearing multiple reports that the guardian weapons are consistently underpowered/underperforming in normal combat.

The problem is apparently so severe that the guardian weapons are actually a liability for normal combat, because they seem to do less than half their stated damage.

Considering the difficulty of getting these weapons and the inability to engineer them, not to mention their other limitations, this seems like an extremely severe issue with them and something in need of an immediate fix.

Don't worry - you're not the only one to notice the missing half of the stated damage: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...harger-Damage-Inconsistent-with-Stated-Values

I haven't heard anything back about whether or not it is strictly a bug, but I'd hazard a guess that the Guardian Plasma Charger has its damage types split 40% Absolute, 60% Anti-Xeno, or something to that effect. Does anyone have hard numbers on how much damage the Anti-Xeno damage type does?

Solution, remove the silly out of place Guardian weapons entirely. Have AX Upgrades for all standard weapons so we don't have to look at the cartonnish Guardian effects.

Yeah that explosion effect on a fully-charged Plasma Charger is blinding. Half the time I lose my target in the FX cloud, which means I have to stare at the hologram to figure out it's orientation.

Top Bottom