Are legs advocates happy with what they got?

I have enjoyed the exploration as a diversion. Certain species are in tough to get spots in mountain geomes, and it requires some tricky piloting/srv ing to get to those rare mushrooms.

I enjoy the salvaging, and sneaking about with hacks to get loot.

Not a fan of the FPS, and feel that bullet spongey targets are the lowest of low for devs to use as a mechanic.

I really would have preferred that at least cockpits be walkable, with minigames related to ship functions be available on the bridges for on foot play.

My biggest complaint is the lack of integration with ship play.

SRVs complemented ship play via mat gathering for ship engineering. SRV vs. ship combat is possible, and the manure that a ship cannot lock on to an infantry person is silly. We can do that now in 2021.

Foot play (that sounds bad right?) does not enhance the ships through engineering mats, skins, on board experiences, etc. so I would say that is a huge missed target for the expansion.

Last edited:
Has it been worth the wait and effort?

Admittedly I've been one of those that was 'for' space legs.
I'm happy with what we can "potentially" do thus far, so I'll always give kudos to FDEV for that.

But still waiting for the game to be in a state, whereby I can "enjoy" doing space leggy things as and when both graphical fidelity & performance have both not been compromised. (not going to mention the inordinate amount of immersion breaking bugs)

So to answer your question, still waiting, still putting the effort in to try to enjoy EDO.
But you should never have to "try to enjoy" a game, enjoyment should come naturally.

Last edited:
I love my space legs.

Personally I would have wanted more “useless” options like sitting down at the bar, buying a beer, chatting, some emotes maybe. I'd really like to o7 some people.

Also, I am extremely disappointed we didn't get ship interiors, even just the cockpit, but I can dream.

Walking around on planets, scanning flora, is a completely new and welcome experience to me. I know, I am strange that way. So far, turning around to walk back to my ship and – wow, that thing is HUGE! So far this hasn't gotten old yet. I... actually bought some ARX to get a ship kit because I was now watching my ship from the outside so often ;)

I am somewhat cross with the game because most of the “leg” content involves crime. There are few legal missions you can do except “power up the base.” On the other hand, shooting folks is rarely legal so I understand why most of the leg content involves crime.

All in all, I think I got most of what I wanted.

I'm gonna go with yes and no, for me.

Its not what i wanted, or expected but there's lots of good bits and now that i have my feet i can't go back.

Sure, i want interiors, more stuff in the stations and more integration between ships and foot stuff. And a whole lot more of course.

But generally, i like the foot missions, although i'd like some that aren't go-do-return, like a deliver to X and done courier type mission you can do on your way somewhere else.

There's a lot of design decisions in the "if it had been me, i'd have done..." box, and i think it could be better but for the cost of a night at the pub, i've spent hours having fun, so

Despite the above, and of course with the caveat that i've been lucky that i don't get the disconnection rainbow snakes other people seem to, and have decent enough FPS that i can play without it seeming like a slide show.

Overall yes.

No - Even if the frame rates where good enough for ground combat, ground combat wasn't the first, or second or even 3rd thing I wanted from Odyssey.

New UI's wasn't on my list of things I wanted from Odyssey either. All in all it's a massive disappointment. ( even if you ignore the 1000s of bugs and the terrible frame rates and the bad lighting. ).

Cheers all. So generally, people are making the best of it, and holding out in hopes of things to come. It gives me hope also. :)

I'm going to assume that all you happy folk are "2D" players, and not VR commanders? Personally, E: D was my VR goto game, but developments have made it such, that I've had to find my love for E: D in 2D again. :)

Cheers all. So generally, people are making the best of it, and holding out in hopes of things to come. It gives me hope also. :)

I'm going to assume that all you happy folk are "2D" players, and not VR commanders? Personally, E: D was my VR goto game, but developments have made it such, that I've had to find my love for E: D in 2D again. :)
That pretty much describes it, although i'll say for myself that its a bit more than making the best of it. Enjoying what we got, but hoping for more down the road.

And yes, i'm a 2D player so i don't have the disappointment VR players have to contend with.

I feel it would have been better if the 'legs' portion of the game had more purpose (which may come in time) and not just to grind for mats. I'm aware that you can use it to farm credits and rep etc but I can do that in my ship with content pre Odyssey. Overall it's definitely a start but I would like to see more 😊

I was never interested in space legs, i have given it a try though, as others have said it was fine for about an hour then the novelty wore off, especially of having to walk into a starion to get missions rather than being able to use the interface in the ships.
Combat is rubbish compared to proper fps games and from what i've seen there are only three or four varieties of bases you can enter, there don't seem to be any alien artefacts or creepy abandoned buildings or crashed ships we can enter and explorations seems extremely basic.
Scanning mushrooms and bacteria could easily have been done faster and more efficiently by bolting the hand scanner on the front of an SRV so I don't see much point to it at the moment.
Atmospheres are to thin to effect the flight model so there's no fun to be had with that so far as i can tell and the ship UI's have almost universally been made worse (PLEASE kill those childish phone style pop up notifications FD!!).

Even if everything had worked perfectly I think the only thing i would have been vaguely interested in is the planets looking better.

Nope. I expected settlement with stores, cantina and missions, instead I had concourse who look the same, and generic settlement to raid.
I expected integrated spaceleg into the game, instead I have a content island which is pretty much another game altogether as soon as I have my "kirk moment".

The only think which is integrated is the plant scanning.

Don't mind it. Performance issues aside it's lacking depth though, which is true for all of ED (but no immediate "gameplay loop" in having depth, so it's a waste of time don'tcherknow, just slows down the getting to the shooty parts).

I'm not a member of the "Elite is about spaceships" part. I've always felt that Elite is about being an open universe where you can do your own thing. The technology exists to have both in and out of spaceships a part of that, so it should be there.

Top Bottom