Are there any more missions like the one for Ram Tah?

When Docking at Maia do you still get asked By Palin to get Thargoid components that you can only get from crash sites or Thargoid Bases?

I'm glad that they were left in the game. I wouldn't understand removing them and reducing the neat things that you can do, especially ones that have some nice, mysterious background to them.

When Docking at Maia do you still get asked By Palin to get Thargoid components that you can only get from crash sites or Thargoid Bases?
AFAIK yes, but they're not really worth it anymore in the slightest, they got nerfed to oblivion for some strange reason.

There is that Thargoid base thing. Not a mission, but where you go inside and solve the puzzle and get to see that rather spiffing animation.

Don't you still need a number of "sensor fragments" to unlock Professor Palin? Those are Thargoid components...
Different thing. You're talking about the materials for unlocking Palin.

Phoenix_dfire was referring to the missions that get delivered to your inbox docking at Obsidian Orbital in Maia to retrieve, say, 2 units of Thargoid Resin, and your reward will be like, 100k credits.

Dominic Corner

Mostly Harmless Programmer
Frontier

Phoenix_dfire was referring to the missions that get delivered to your inbox docking at Obsidian Orbital in Maia to retrieve, say, 2 units of Thargoid Resin, and your reward will be like, 100k credits.
Hi there,

It's more that that, but also don't forget the big chunk of Palin rep you get for completing the mission.

Thanks,
Dom

I made a proof-of-concept mission which anyone can try here. I was hoping someone with better knowledge/skill would take it up and create better missions to help players find existing content in the galaxy without having to already know where to look. This particular one starts as soon as you dock at a station and should end up with pointing you to a system with something interesting in it (I'm sure most players already know about the final destination, but new players might not be aware)

Follow the README for instructions on setting it up.

That and a pair of Thargoid interceptors with intent...

I’m on the permits, so 3 more and then it’s just the superpower final ranks and something called CQC(?)

ive wanted to do Ram-tag and the Inra stuff fora while, but I focused on those Guardian weapon unlocks.

CQC Holdings - From Login Screen choose 'The Arena', or from chat box tope left tab across to friends and 'Matchmaking' (Team, Deathmatch, Capture the Flag), DM usually easiest to join.

CQC Holdings will give you the permit when you 'reset' to level 0 from level 50.

Its good fun :)

Edit. CQC - Close Quarters Combat

I’m on the permits, so 3 more and then it’s just the superpower final ranks and something called CQC(?)

ive wanted to do Ram-tag and the Inra stuff fora while, but I focused on those Guardian weapon unlocks.
Wanting to do the Guardian equipment unlocks shouldn't have stopped you doing the Ram Tah missions, quite the reverse in fact.

Doing the Ram Tah missions would have resulted in you getting most of the stuff you needed for the unlocks. To add to that, the more you do them yourself without using a guide and the more you actually explore the Guardian sites while you're there, the more you'll get towards the unlocks.

And of course, the more you actually explore the sites and pay attention to what's there, the more chance there is you'll spot some of the less obvious Guardian content. ;)

CQC Holdings - From Login Screen choose 'The Arena', or from chat box tope left tab across to friends and 'Matchmaking' (Team, Deathmatch, Capture the Flag), DM usually easiest to join.

CQC Holdings will give you the permit when you 'reset' to level 0 from level 50.

Its good fun :)

Edit. CQC - Close Quarters Combat
Either your sarcasm is too much on the nose or I feel like my sarcasm about my lack of enthusiasm for CQC hadn't come through enough ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom