Are we there yet?

A date/time for Dev diary 3?
An Odyssey launch date?
An odyssey Beta?
Walking inside of ships?
Fuel scooping gas giants?
A functioning black market?
Stealth gameplay that works with slow moving ships and not just boosting with cold ships?
Supercruise going that bit faster?
Making the adder great again?

Yep, December 17 seems to be a date to mark on your calendar. I'd hope to see a date and price/preorder soon, if it still is Q1 (March).

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Is that no never or just no for the Odyssey launch or just you don't know
Never say never.
But it's definitely no at launch, and my personal feeling is it will be a long time before we see it because it is such a fundamental part of on foot gameplay, and something that's been anticipated for about 8 years, that if it's not important enough to be in there from the start then there's a reason for that.

Never say never.
But it's definitely no at launch, and my personal feeling is it will be a long time before we see it because it is such a fundamental part of on foot gameplay, and something that's been anticipated for about 8 years, that if it's not important enough to be in there from the start then there's a reason for that.
Yeah, I'd say it's hugely important but I'd imagine that the gameplay to accompany walking around ships and perhaps space walking hasn't been developed.

It has to be coming on an update later on though...they modelled the interior of ships for this very reason. That's a lot of wasted design and man-hours if they don't develop it.

So 2-3 years in the making...when they announced Odyssey my first thought was 'great we can walk around our ships now' which to me was the obvious first step in ambulation (pardon the pun). Once again FD have confounded my expectations.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Yeah, I'd say it's hugely important but I'd imagine that the gameplay to accompany walking around ships and perhaps space walking hasn't been developed.

It has to be coming on an update later on though...they modelled the interior of ships for this very reason. That's a lot of wasted design and man-hours if they don't develop it.

So 2-3 years in the making...when they announced Odyssey my first thought was 'great we can walk around our ships now' which to me was the obvious first step in ambulation (pardon the pun). Once again FD have confounded my expectations.
Aye

Top Bottom