Are Y'all Still Playing?

I've been playing on PS4 - Solo Mode - non stop since I got the game about eight months ago. I don't understand what all the fuss is about with the compaints about graphics, speed etc... Yes there are slow downs, but from starting on the original Elite on a Commodore 64, then Atari STE, the PS4 verson is light years ahead, but still has the original appeal. Not great at the game, but love it anyway. So - Still Playing - YES !!
o7
I salute you sir o7

(Open aint that bad really😀)

I don't understand what all the fuss is about with the compaints about graphics, speed etc...
Hi Commander
We are complaining because the game does not meet nowadays standard quality for a game.
Because Elite&Dangerous is the only one, we are playing this game but still complaining.

It could be a lot better if frontier (yes I mean frontier, not developers) would give more value to the quality of this software.

PSN: ocer87

If anyone would like to meet up in the Colonia region.

I started playing again after a longer pause.

Hi Commander
We are complaining because the game does not meet nowadays standard quality for a game.
Because Elite&Dangerous is the only one, we are playing this game but still complaining.

It could be a lot better if frontier (yes I mean frontier, not developers) would give more value to the quality of this software.
That pretty much sums up my position perfectly. In fact, one could make the argument that those who complain (with the hope that these complaints will result in actions from Frontier to improve the game) love the game more than those who do not. I love my SUV, but if I just sit back and accept the rust that I'm starting to see appear, well then that SUV won't be much good to me in the years to come. Better to deal with rust now. Bugs and flaws in ED is like code rust, and the more they are ignored the worse the game will get over time.

Maybe I'm lucky but I've not had issues with bugs or other problems that most other people are having issues over. I am certainly not trying to tell others that the game is perfect, but from my perspective it hasn't cause me much grief at all and I'm impressed as to how it has advanced from the old 8 bit days to what it is now, but still holds the original (probably nostalgic) appeal. Just my type of game that is a welcome break from day to day real life problems. So on that basis I will certainly be playing for a long time to come.

Maybe I'm lucky but I've not had issues with bugs or other problems that most other people are having issues over. I am certainly not trying to tell others that the game is perfect, but from my perspective it hasn't cause me much grief at all and I'm impressed as to how it has advanced from the old 8 bit days to what it is now, but still holds the original (probably nostalgic) appeal. Just my type of game that is a welcome break from day to day real life problems. So on that basis I will certainly be playing for a long time to come.
Yes, well, I am also impressed of how amazing Super Mario Odyssey looks as compared to the NES days, or how incredible Mortal Kombat 11 looks as compared to the 1992 original. But that's like being impressed with the fact that today all cars have power windows while in the 1960s it was rare. It really isn't ED's unique performance. It's par for the course in 2019.

I understand the nostalgia factor, but it seems that when it comes to Elite for those who played the older games ED is the pinnacle of videogame perfection. It isn't. It comes far, far short of 2019 standards of videogame perfection (or even, videogame polish) when it comes to gameplay design and bugfixing. A game with 1980s mechanics but 2019 graphics is just that, a "remaster" of sorts. It certainly isn't an high-quality late-2010s game.

Yes, well, I am also impressed of how amazing Super Mario Odyssey looks as compared to the NES days, or how incredible Mortal Kombat 11 looks as compared to the 1992 original. But that's like being impressed with the fact that today all cars have power windows while in the 1960s it was rare. It really isn't ED's unique performance. It's par for the course in 2019.

I understand the nostalgia factor, but it seems that when it comes to Elite for those who played the older games ED is the pinnacle of videogame perfection. It isn't. It comes far, far short of 2019 standards of videogame perfection (or even, videogame polish) when it comes to gameplay design and bugfixing. A game with 1980s mechanics but 2019 graphics is just that, a "remaster" of sorts. It certainly isn't an high-quality late-2010s game.
I think the 'remaster' notion sums ED up really succinctly. There's a reason Frontier tend to make theme park games. They aren't really very good at other things.

Top Bottom