Are Y'all Still Playing?

I still play daily, but have spent fewer hours the past two weeks.
Currently pledged to the princess, and have Cr 457,882,502 earmarked for various prismatic shields.
Don't suppose I can get those with an LYR discount?

;)

Still my primary game, trying to do all the previous story content before Beyond. Used ED server issue to do Uncharted Lost Legacy last week, only took 9 hrs...I prefer the long term games...

Still my main game and I tend to put in a couple hours a day. I started about a week after release, but just recently joined the forum. I'm sure I'll scale back because I'll probably play Battlefront 2 a little. Other than that this will be my main game for the foreseeable future.

I've taken a 2-weeks break recently because I really wanted to play Friday the 13th around Halloween time. I am back now, but TBH my goal is to slowly unlock the engineers (however long that'll take). and then pause until March.

I'd like to get more into PvP, but I'm not gonna lose my soul after engineering, not when in a few months' time we'll get the promised revamp. I'd like to go out for a nice exploration trip, but it seems silly to do so when in a few months we'll get de-beigefied and a new lighting system (which, i HOPE will mean multiple light sources: imagine the screenshot possibilities, landing on a planet with two sets of shadows, from a blue and from a red sun).

To have my faction put in-game would have helped, BGS being a great incentive to do missions, but 6 months after the initial application, they still seem to be unable to give us a home system. Or again, if something really interesting comes out in 2.4 that might give me more incentives still, but so far...nope.

I've taken a 2-weeks break recently because I really wanted to play Friday the 13th around Halloween time. I am back now, but TBH my goal is to slowly unlock the engineers (however long that'll take). and then pause until March.

I'd like to get more into PvP, but I'm not gonna lose my soul after engineering, not when in a few months' time we'll get the promised revamp. I'd like to go out for a nice exploration trip, but it seems silly to do so when in a few months we'll get de-beigefied and a new lighting system (which, i HOPE will mean multiple light sources: imagine the screenshot possibilities, landing on a planet with two sets of shadows, from a blue and from a red sun).

To have my faction put in-game would have helped, BGS being a great incentive to do missions, but 6 months after the initial application, they still seem to be unable to give us a home system. Or again, if something really interesting comes out in 2.4 that might give me more incentives still, but so far...nope.

Why would a light source from a blue or red or ... star be any different than any other light source coming from a star. You do realize that our sun aka SOL is not actually yellow, right. And even if it were, the light we see is still lacking any form of color. If one is able to see any colors it's becasue of various elements present.

Light passing through a vacum has no color, why, because there is nothing to add. Our sun appears to be red sometime and yellow some time and on rare occasions it is totally black. All of which depend on ones point of perspective and elements or objects with in the parameters lying between the source and the viewer. Hence stage lights need various color shield placed over them to depict the desired colors one's agenda calls for.

Last edited:
Always try to get a few hours a day in, Play like a monster on the weekends.
Slacking off a little now though as I'm playing Assassins creed and Call of duty too... But that's not stopping me playing Elite.

Yep - still playing since launch, still loving it and it is still my primary game even though I have other brand new titles bought, downloaded and ready to play! I am mining to unlock Selene Jean at the moment which is so duulllll! So might need a break to play something else soon!

I've been playing the game a lot since it came out on PS4, but in particular even more so recently in about the last two or three weeks, saving money to buy and outfit a Python, but i'm feeling the need to take a fairly big break from it soon, mostly because i've barely been playing other games, watching Netflix etc and the other things i do with my free time but also because the grind for the bigger ships, in particular since i bought a Vulture and bigger ships is starting to bug me a fair bit...

I know i compare this game to Egosoft's X series a lot, not just because i've put nearly thirteen years into the series, but also because to me overall it's a more enjoyable and fairer space lifestyle (and also being a singleplayer game i can play it more at my own pace and not have to worry about failing missions because i'm not online and i can experiment with various things with less risk because it has manual saves, though people CAN play X in an official Steam connected "Dead is Dead" mode, if they want :) ).

While in X it's still hard to make money, things cost a lot, it has a high learning curve etc, but it's not just you flying around making money and earning reputation.

Even early on, you can be ordering other ships to perform simple tasks for you in other regions of space, but once you earn several millions and can invest it in things like factories and Universal Traders (and in later games, the stock market, not that i used it much), which go around earning money and rank for you needing little or no help, once they're properly set up - you go off and do your thing and they're off (mostly) happily doing their thing, adding to your funds and rep.

Once you have factories in particular they earn you a lot of money and certain amount of rep and make a lot of things for your fleet to use, but if you ever need a big chunk or an emergency injection of cash, you can normally raid your factories primary and intermediate resources and sell them fast, but in this game, if you're doing something which isn't earning money, you're not earning money and if you take big losses you can be back to square one with no resources to dip into (or just find yourself knocked down a peg or two, lacking the desire to thread back over already covered ground)... :_ .

(Of course Elite has a big plus going for it that it's available to play on Playstation, but if X was suddenly on Playstation, i'd probably barely play Elite, at least in its' current form... :) .)

Last edited:
I play every day and have been from day one. I am going to Sagittarius A and scanning every thing in my flight path. I know many of the scans carry no pay but I just wanted to do the job in full. I set the goal to do it well over a month ago and still have 375 jumps to go. When scanning every rock some systems can take 30min or more to finish. I will only scan the main bodies on my return trip and try to take a different path home. I do miss the bubble now and many times have to turn on Sidewinder Radio on my tablet for a change. I hope to be home for Christmas but really don't know if I will make it. My jump range is 30 light years for anyone wondering in a Asp Explorer. I going for the PS trophy and hope for a big payday when I get home to SOL. I haven't seen another Commanders Name on anything in a long time.

Still play on PS4 most evenings.

Play on PC too, and while I take breaks sometimes, there's still things to do, and I enjoy the core space-bumming (and being a Fuel Rat).

Saying that there are other games out now and soon I want to play: GT Sport, Horizon's Zero Dawn DLC, Hellblade, Skyrim PSVR and stuff from Paris Game Show... so yeah something has to give, which will be time spent in Elite.

I've been playing the game a lot since it came out on PS4, but in particular even more so recently in about the last two or three weeks, saving money to buy and outfit a Python, but i'm feeling the need to take a fairly big break from it soon, mostly because i've barely been playing other games, watching Netflix etc and the other things i do with my free time but also because the grind for the bigger ships, in particular since i bought a Vulture and bigger ships is starting to bug me a fair bit...

I know i compare this game to Egosoft's X series a lot, not just because i've put nearly thirteen years into the series, but also because to me overall it's a more enjoyable and fairer space lifestyle (and also being a singleplayer game i can play it more at my own pace and not have to worry about failing missions because i'm not online and i can experiment with various things with less risk because it has manual saves, though people CAN play X in an official Steam connected "Dead is Dead" mode, if they want :) ).

While in X it's still hard to make money, things cost a lot, it has a high learning curve etc, but it's not just you flying around making money and earning reputation.

Even early on, you can be ordering other ships to preform simple tasks for you in other regions of space, but once you earn several of million and can invest it in things like factories and Universal Traders (and in later games, the stock market, not that i used it much), which go around earning money and rank for you needing little or no help, once they're properly set up - you go off and do your thing and they're off (mostly) happily doing their thing, adding to your funds and rep.

Once you have factories in particular they earn you a lot of money and certain amount of rep and make a lot of things for your fleet to use, but if you ever need a big chunk or an emergency injection of cash, you can normally raid your factories primary and intermediate resources and sell them fast, but in this game, if you're doing something which isn't earning money, you're not earning money and if you take big losses you can be back to square one with no resources to dip into (or just find yourself knocked down a peg or two, lacking the desire to thread back over already covered ground)... :_ .

(Of course Elite has a big plus going for it that it's available to play on Playstation, but if X was suddenly on Playstation, i'd probably barely play Elite, at least in its' current form... :) .)

awkkk. I loved the X series. wish it was out for PS4 :(

I haven't touched it since a few days after 2.4. I'm currently camping between Crab Nebula and Heart and Soul and don't really have the motivation to complete my trip.

I burned out, so I've taken a couple weeks off. May play this week, may not ... the thought of grinding for engineering materials or the Corvette is excruciating.

[knocked out]

If he were still alive I'd suggest sending a memo to Richard Feynman to let him know he got that frequency thing all wrong.

I'd reckon it all depends on what you refer to as light when you use the word. Light has no color unless it is illuminating something. The contents of a bulb appear to be white, red, yellow, green based on the contents of the bulb. The light simply illuminates it so you see it. What color are leaves in the spring and or summer. Hint: there not green, nor is the grass in one manicured lawn. Look it up!

Never stopped. I've gone a few days without playing and played a couple other games here and there but E:D is my primary game. There's just nothing else out there that sratches quite so many itches.

Stopped playing after 2.4 as the mission board was messed up and I could not get any decent missions anymore. Haven't checked back since then if there was a fix for that issue. Now I am playing Farming Simulator 17 and Horizon Zero Dawn.

Top Bottom