Are Y'all Still Playing?

I've gone from playing daily to a couple of hours in the last month :( fdevs lack of desire to fix 2.4 has really reduced my desire to play it tbh. It's a shame as im only one short exploration trip away from my first elite rank but I'd rather wait and see if fdev drag themselves away from the jurassic Park game and sort out the mess they created!

On the plus side it's given me chance to catch up on all my half finished games elite created with hzd being one of them ;)

I've got to admit tho I've never felt so pessimistic about elites future :( it feels like the game has been shelved by the devs to me :(

I would recomend just enjoy the trip to beagle point, the thargoid and combat related content is getting real old now , and the past 3 years they neglected every asspect of the play style accept combat and the continuas pushing for CQC.

Atleast they will do some thing about mining trade and exploration the next update. (hopefully not at he same level as the half baked content like multicrew)

Ever since Black Friday, I'm only playing ED for the "Farmville" aspect of it - particularly CMDR Jenny, who needs to "farm" a good standing with Lady Arissa. Horizon Zero Dawn is the game currently captivating me; I'm absolutely loving it, probably more than the average person on this forum who has played it.

This is not a knock on ED, as I'm sure I'll be back to it in a more serious way once the Q1 2018 updates are released. I am, however, often thinking "I wish ED did this" when playing HZD.

I almost let my PS+ subscription go unrenewed, which shows how little I'm invested in Open play in ED. I ended up grabbing a $20 savings for PS+ during Black Friday, so that decision has been pushed back another year. It is interesting how much more "alive" the world of HZD feels as a solo game than ED feels even when playing in Open, at least to me.

I made an enormous mistake at Black Friday. I bought Battlefront II to play with a couple friends who said I would enjoy it. Well needless to say I think it’s flat out awful and the first was better, so I chose... poorly.(Indiana Jones) I won’t be supporting EA anytime soon unless their gameplay becomes enjoyable again.

Ever since Black Friday, I'm only playing ED for the "Farmville" aspect of it - particularly CMDR Jenny, who needs to "farm" a good standing with Lady Arissa. Horizon Zero Dawn is the game currently captivating me; I'm absolutely loving it, probably more than the average person on this forum who has played it.

This is not a knock on ED, as I'm sure I'll be back to it in a more serious way once the Q1 2018 updates are released. I am, however, often thinking "I wish ED did this" when playing HZD.

I almost let my PS+ subscription go unrenewed, which shows how little I'm invested in Open play in ED. I ended up grabbing a $20 savings for PS+ during Black Friday, so that decision has been pushed back another year. It is interesting how much more "alive" the world of HZD feels as a solo game than ED feels even when playing in Open, at least to me.

HZD is amazing. Did you grab the DLC as well?

I'm still playing ED quite regularly. Manage to find a good bunch of players keen to help each other out. Started organising semi regular friendly pvp fights but since half of us are in the big 3 (and kitted out FDLs, vultures, etc), and other half in mostly unengineered pythons, were going to give CQC a bash this week to level the playing field. Some of us are also thinking of starting a minor faction, but at the moment were a few interested bodies short.

Horizon Zero Dawn is the game currently captivating me; I'm absolutely loving it, probably more than the average person on this forum who has played it.

Same for me, for HZD as well as Elite. Just got the DLC frozen wilds and it's amazing again. These snow effects... Reminded me of my first Uncharted 2 playthrough - the snow was similar impressive back then. And they improved the lip sync and face animation noticeably with the DLC.

From time to time I am playing Destiny 2 with a few friends - also a fun game. But whenever I see my ship flying through space, I think of good old Elite. Will definitely come back soon, latest for the Q1 18 updates. Still a special game with much depth for me.

I only picked this game up about a month ago and am still present and accounted for. So much to do. I haven't even picked up the HZD expansion yet, and boy was i looking forward to that. I've got a reasonable bank balance(in game) and a looong shopping list. So I'll be here for the long haul ;)

OK, I'll bite, what is HZD?

It's your girlfriend's pretty sister.

Aloy.full.2116985.jpg

I've gone from playing daily to a couple of hours in the last month :( fdevs lack of desire to fix 2.4 has really reduced my desire to play it tbh. It's a shame as im only one short exploration trip away from my first elite rank but I'd rather wait and see if fdev drag themselves away from the jurassic Park game and sort out the mess they created!

On the plus side it's given me chance to catch up on all my half finished games elite created with hzd being one of them ;)

I've got to admit tho I've never felt so pessimistic about elites future :( it feels like the game has been shelved by the devs to me :(

Yeah, that's how I feel too. depressed about the game.:(

Yup, still playing

I’ve been playing since PS4 release. The first couple of months or so about 2 to 3 hours a night, mainly to relax. I prefer this to watching tv.

Lately I will go in spurts of about a week or so and switch over to other games. I’m currently a week out on my second exploration trip. When I have enough of ED for a while I land my ship, pull out another game and connect that game to my ED exploration trip. Currently I’m on a planet trying to build a farm in Stardew Valley. When I get tired of that, I’ll go back to ED

Other worlds I have recently explored are the world’s of Horizon Zero Dawn, Dark Souls 3, Abzu. Best one lately was stopping at a space station and then playing Prey.

Taking breaks like this, I think I can keep playing ED for years.

Last edited:
I bought Journey and was really disappointed. It seemed more like a demo/sandbox rather than an actual game.
Then you most probably won't like Abzu. I would say that Journey (which I loved btw, great music, atmosphere and art design) has even more gameplay elements than Abzu.

Then you most probably won't like Abzu. I would say that Journey (which I loved btw, great music, atmosphere and art design) has even more gameplay elements than Abzu.

Thanks, I've bought too many games this year I just haven't played! I picked up GTA V in the Black Friday sales although I completed it on Xbox 360 some time ago but having great fun tearing it up all over again. I'm counting the days until Red Dead Redemption 2.

Still playing and still consider it my Primary Game. Though I pop onto GTA V or Fallout 4, overall Elite still captures my interests.

For me I can shut my mind down, put on a playlist on Spotify and explore away. Also it's providing me with some amazing screenshots.

Gary

Top Bottom