Are Y'all Still Playing?

I am still playing – am on DW2 at the moment with my main commander but have a second back in the bubble if I fancy some other style of gameplay.

I think that the update next week is interesting but would benefit from starting a fresh with a new commander or a reset of an existing.

Still on PS4? I know a number of players have "defected" over to PC or even XBox (Nemo!!!), but I'm still here on my trusty PS4 Slim. Open just seems pretty empty of late. It'll be nice getting CGs back.

Yeah, still on PS4. I was considering switching to Xbox but on the other hand I have all my friends and other games on the Pony Slaystation.

Okay, it sounds like most of you are still out on DW2. Kudos for your endurance! Is that group of players who were winging up in Vipers still around? I find big engineered "god ships" boring, but I would enjoy being part of a wing of 4 Vipers and Vultures in a HazRes taking on the big bad Condas.

So the next related question is, of those of you still playing, how many are in Open?

I haven’t played since the update due to some key binding and bug issues. It’s still one of my favourite games and when I do return I will be using a hotas.

To avoid the Gankers/Griefers/Mutants, I've been in the Private Group since Palleni. I've ventured out a few times into Open in the middle of no where but mostly still in the Private Group. Once I sell my data, I'll return to Open where I belong. I miss a good ganker attack and sometimes their demise.

Gary

For DW2 I am playing in a private group but with my 2nd commander and when I am back in the bubble, or exploring on my own, I always play in open.

I am playing in open.
Sometimes, I have to switch in private (Mobius) because idiots keep interdicting me on my way to Jameson memorial even if they are no able to kill me.
By the way, on Mobius, there is nobody anymore.

By the way, on Mobius, there is nobody anymore.
That's my experience as well. I think AllCrowsAreBlack PG is the new Mobius on PS4, though most people playing in that PG are part of DW2.

When I want to avoid annoying players at places like Engineering bases, I just switch to Solo. However, having been stuck in Solo all winter long, gankers are often a welcome sight (I enjoy blockade running). Unfortunately these days even the gankers are hard to come by.

Can I join the group even if I am not part of DW2?
I belong to the group and I'm not DW2. Her group has become the de-facto group for PS4 "social events", but since that encompasses a multitude of past events, it's also become a de-facto type of Mobius as well. Just add her as friend on PSN and request to join the group. I think she'll let you in as long as there is still room.

Gankers are out following the fleet in a desperate attempt to attain kills.

While there are some rumors circulating about embedded Gankers (which wouldn't surprise me), I don't plan on taking in any group events in that PG. In fact, soon as they announce the return window, I am heading back to the Bubble in earnest.

I miss open, but not in an unarmed ship with close to a Billion in Exploration Data... no thanks... Our Squadron has it's own PG which we will be using until we offload the data...

Gary

I'm late to the party, just picked this game up about a week ago. I in solo mode at the moment only because I'm still getting my feet wet and trying to overcome the learning curve. Thank god for all the dedicated fans that have posted their videos on YouTube, they have answered many a question I had regarding the game.

At the moment, I am torn between collecting bounties and courier work, they are both fun. Im not too concerned about money yet, but more about making sure I know how things work.

My first ship purchase was an Eagle, but wasn't too thrilled with it and sold it and bought a Cobra, which I am loving right now.

Elite definitely scratches the space exploration itch I have, and I'm looking forward for the new update next week to help out beginners like myself!

If you rank up quickly, you may not be able to enjoy the new CMDR features due to rank. Either way, welcome to the game. It's a great game and in time, you'll meet a great group of online friends like I have.

As for play mode, right now, I am going to guess the Bubble (Human inhabited space) is quite free of good and bad players. Venture out, it's still a part of the experience.

Gary

I'm late to the party, just picked this game up about a week ago. I in solo mode at the moment only because I'm still getting my feet wet and trying to overcome the learning curve. Thank god for all the dedicated fans that have posted their videos on YouTube, they have answered many a question I had regarding the game.

At the moment, I am torn between collecting bounties and courier work, they are both fun. Im not too concerned about money yet, but more about making sure I know how things work.

My first ship purchase was an Eagle, but wasn't too thrilled with it and sold it and bought a Cobra, which I am loving right now.

Elite definitely scratches the space exploration itch I have, and I'm looking forward for the new update next week to help out beginners like myself!

Good luck, and welcome to the party CMDR. The game has its faults, but if you like flying spaceships, it rocks. The cobra is a fine ship, good choice!

o7

Top Bottom