Are Y'all Still Playing?

Nope, haven't played since the gnosis fiasco haven't been here in a while either (its all new and shiney here) lol.
I lost confidence in F.D's ability to create and maintain a game of this scope, I feel it just was/is too much for them sadly.
Just watch this and see what I mean
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM0Gcl7iUM8&feature=youtu.be

the dream that was being sold didn't measure up to reality by a long shot, although this game is a pretty good space trucker sim this game was supposed to be all that and more but for whatever reason F.D bottled it and only now deciding to make q.o.l changes and bug fixes is closing the stable door after the horses bolted.
Im hoping this new expansion coming next year will be a fresh start for the game, but my confidence in F.D is at the point where I will wait for independent reviewers (the ones who haven't signed non disclosure contracts) to give it the thumbs up before I open my wallet here again

I played quite a lot since the last beyond update in December was released until ~mid of March (especially DW2 until the second CG for building the station at Sag A).

I would've liked to finish DW2, but started travelling around during parental leave, so no chance to do that unfortunately. Plus a few friends started Anthem (not so bad as you may think), so a bit bit of playtime went into that...

But looking forward to try out the interstellar initiatives when I'm back. And curious about what's in the making for 2020 (whenever we'll get information on that...).

Nope, haven't played since the gnosis fiasco haven't been here in a while either (its all new and shiney here) lol.
I lost confidence in F.D's ability to create and maintain a game of this scope, I feel it just was/is too much for them sadly.
Just watch this and see what I mean
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM0Gcl7iUM8&feature=youtu.be

the dream that was being sold didn't measure up to reality by a long shot, although this game is a pretty good space trucker sim this game was supposed to be all that and more but for whatever reason F.D bottled it and only now deciding to make q.o.l changes and bug fixes is closing the stable door after the horses bolted.
Im hoping this new expansion coming next year will be a fresh start for the game, but my confidence in F.D is at the point where I will wait for independent reviewers (the ones who haven't signed non disclosure contracts) to give it the thumbs up before I open my wallet here again
I think most people expected ED to be a little further down the road than it is,even the developers. The next update should address a lot of the issues.

When ED first released, I'd start up the game and my friend list on the right side of the menu was full. These days it's often somewhere between empty and three people max at any given time. My PSN friends are still playing games, just not Elite.

My PSN friend list is obviously a small subset of the overall PS4 player base, so I'm curious, PS4 players - are you still playing Elite as your "primary" game, or have you scaled back your gameplay since you started, or have you "finished" the game and moved on?

To answer my own question, I still consider ED my "primary" game, though I have scaled back due those bugs I've bemoaned ad nauseam. This may all change in three weeks thanks US Black Friday (when I'll finally purchase games like HZD).
Yes, I still play, I did go off it for a while, but right back into it now (still ain't finished red dead 2 either). At the moment I am trying to get it with 10th Fleet, so most nights you will see my hanging around baynard star! You can add me if you like. matt1y77 is my psn I'd!

Last edited:
I play on a Pro and not sure where all the hate is from - RDR2 also had slow down and glitching if things got too hectic on screen.

I am however concerned about the amount of PS4 players - I was in the new inhabited system near to Sag A the other day in open - not one person was there and I hung around for a while.

Ok many will be on DW2 and the rest in the bubble but I guess I just expected to see people - bet you would on a PC.

So apart from fixing some of the not really gamebreaking but annoying graphical glitches in reality we need PC/XBox/PS4 cross play.

I play on a Pro and not sure where all the hate is from - RDR2 also had slow down and glitching if things got too hectic on screen.
This word is misused way too often... Will we end up on SPLC's watchlist because we stopped playing the game due to bugs?

Starting to get back into ED after not really playing much since Aug last year.

Moved half my fleet out to Colonia in Feb when I last played. Now Im wondering if I continue the migration or spend the 2 billion to transfer them back. Will probably just buy new ships instead, but Ive got 70+ stored modules in Colonia taking up space, which is a pita.

Came back into the 'game' to do DW2 after a long break due to boredom, thinking it would be fun to be around so many other players...lol
Arrived at Sag A and parked, saw 4 ships in total, two blips gone in seconds another two close up which lasted minutes at most. Given the nature of p2p network which I loathe thankful as it could have been less. So no not playing, the Hotas and Vr are gathering dusk and I'll wait until 2020 / 21..22..23 etc etc etc.

I am however concerned about the amount of PS4 players - I was in the new inhabited system near to Sag A the other day in open - not one person was there and I hung around for a while.

Ok many will be on DW2 and the rest in the bubble but I guess I just expected to see people - bet you would on a PC.

So apart from fixing some of the not really gamebreaking but annoying graphical glitches in reality we need PC/XBox/PS4 cross play.
Agree about cross play, think it time that everyone who enjoys the game could all play together. I know my ps4 Pro is no match for a top end pc, but if rocket leagues & fornite can make it work I'm sure that frontier Dev can make it happen.

I'm all for crossplay but if consoles didn't get some extra attention to HOTAS and KBAM options, it would be outright brutal to let the PC players on us.

I find myself splitting time between PS4 (DW2) and Xbox (evacuating stations) I am contemplating moving my acct off the PS4 since it's the last game I am playing there. I went XBOX but since that is $ only probably not. Curious how they would handle those folks if xPlay became a thing.

edit: Oh and I bought my Pro specifically for Elite Dangerous in hopes it would get VR support. Now I have to tape a controller to my head. :)

Last edited:
Will probably just buy new ships instead, but Ive got 70+ stored modules in Colonia taking up space, which is a pita.
If you don't need them anymore and don't want to spend the money to transport them to the bubble, you can sell them (from any station with outfitting).

Came back into the 'game' to do DW2 after a long break due to boredom, thinking it would be fun to be around so many other players...lol
Arrived at Sag A and parked, saw 4 ships in total, two blips gone in seconds another two close up which lasted minutes at most. Given the nature of p2p network which I loathe thankful as it could have been less. So no not playing, the Hotas and Vr are gathering dusk and I'll wait until 2020 / 21..22..23 etc etc etc.
Actually there is quite a decent, active PS4 community for DW2.

Admittedly, the communication is quite wide spread with Discord, official PS4 chat groups, PS4 communities, ingame squadron chat...

The ingame DW2 squadron is great though. There are always people online chatting and willing to wing up. Also nice events like SRV and SLF races, mass jumps etc. took place.

If you don't need them anymore and don't want to spend the money to transport them to the bubble, you can sell them (from any station with outfitting).

Too much engineering time invested in the modules to sell them, and transferring them back here means transferring the ships back as well, and that would be a waste of 4 billion credits at the end of the day.

I moved all that stuff out to Colonia when I had mates participating in DW2. Wasn't part of the expedition myself, but thought I could join those in open for some exploration fun & fight off/sacrifice rebuys to Distant Gankers if the opportunity arose. Got to Colonia, transferred all my G5'd combat ships, some exploration ships, and some multitaskers. Then realised Colonia didnt have G5 engineers and I didnt have any pvp blueprints & various utility blueprints pinned. So jumped back to the bubble to get that done, but by the time I got back my mates in DW2 had lost interest in DW2/ED, and so I put the game back on the shelf for a few months as well.

Now that playing again, may as well continue with the original plan so I have a second fleet in Colonia should the need ever arise. I'll wait a few weeks to see what happens with the new interstellar initiative, then head back out with the needed engineered modules and/or pinned blueprints, and make sure there are some large enough ships out there I can purchase for module storage.

I bought ED on PS4 a few weeks ago, although only really got into it from the Late April patch, which was a big improvement.
I have it on PC too, I bought the commander pack when the game released some years ago. But I got bored after a while.

I prefer playing the PS4 version as I like the PS4 controller and I have a big 4k TV that the PS4 is plugged into. It's nice to play from the sofa, rather than crouched in front of a monitor.

Quite enjoying this renewed interest in playing. :)

I've been playing on PS4 - Solo Mode - non stop since I got the game about eight months ago. I don't understand what all the fuss is about with the compaints about graphics, speed etc... Yes there are slow downs, but from starting on the original Elite on a Commodore 64, then Atari STE, the PS4 verson is light years ahead, but still has the original appeal. Not great at the game, but love it anyway. So - Still Playing - YES !!
o7

I've been playing on PS4 - Solo Mode - non stop since I got the game about eight months ago. I don't understand what all the fuss is about with the compaints about graphics, speed etc... Yes there are slow downs, but from starting on the original Elite on a Commodore 64, then Atari STE, the PS4 verson is light years ahead, but still has the original appeal. Not great at the game, but love it anyway. So - Still Playing - YES !!
o7

I salute you sir o7

(Open aint that bad really😀)

I don't understand what all the fuss is about with the compaints about graphics, speed etc...
Hi Commander
We are complaining because the game does not meet nowadays standard quality for a game.
Because Elite&Dangerous is the only one, we are playing this game but still complaining.

It could be a lot better if frontier (yes I mean frontier, not developers) would give more value to the quality of this software.

Top Bottom