Powerplay Arissa Lavigny-Duval Power Play Cycle 19

Dispatch from the Kamadhenu Herald

8 October 3301

Long live the Emperor Arissa Lavigny-Duval!

Though the Herald wonders if she will abandon one of those names during her coronation.

One more week has shifted past, and GalNet's list of galactic powers holds steady, with at least one surprise: Shadow President Felicia Winters overtakes the standing influence of Federation President Hudson. Prime Minister Mahon maintains his high level, while Senator Arissa Lavigny-Duval, just this week chosen to be the next Emperor, maintains her second place ranking amongst the powers of the galaxy. Both the Emperor and the President lost one system to revolt, but otherwise recovered from a state of turmoil.

Current Diplomatic Status

According to sources close to Senator Lavigny-Duval's Privy Council, she currently has an adhoc allied or neutral status with three Powers: Sirius Gov, Pranav Antal, and Prime Minister Mahon. Additionally, Senators Patreus and Torval, along with Aisling Duval, have supported the Senate's decision to make Senator Lavigny-Duval the next Emperor. These are not Imperial decrees, but active diplomatic work on behalf of the Senator's best interests has procured non-aggression pacts and otherwise beneficial arrangements.

Open hostilities exist between the Senator's pledged pilots and Archon Delaine (Pegasi Conflict), Federation President Hudson, and Shadow President Winters as well.

Now that you know the lay of the land, what can a single pilot or group of pilots do about it?

Here is Research's take on Senator Lavigny-Duval's prospects for the week.

Preparation

Tutorial can be found here.

Only 296 units of Command Capital are at the Senator's disposal this week. Ideally, that should be two well-sought systems capable for expansion. Unfortunately, it cannot be any two profitable systems, as the Command Capital required to prepare a system like Kalana (189cc) would prevent another system's preparation.

Birite (154cc) is a system recently lost to revolt, but also eager to be cleansed. It is limited by only having access to a medium landing pad, but has repeatedly risen to the top 6 of the Senator's Preparation List week after week.

LTT 2667 (152cc) is another system that reaches the top 6 places on that list, but unfortunately, both of these systems cannot be successfully prepared this week. This system contests Winters's border systems, yet still provides a return.

Kappa (141cc) or Suttora (141cc) provide less return than LTT 2667 or Birite, but can be paired with either and still be prepared successfully. These systems are adjacent to Xinca and Winters's border systems, and Research is only aware of Kappa's docking situation (it has a large pad). Further information is requested on Suttora's landing capabilities.

PREPARATION UPDATE:

Active Commanders have spoken, and over twenty thousand tonnes have been delivered to two profitable systems: Tiburnat and LTT 2667. Another 11 thousand has been delivered to Neites for some reason. This sparsely populated system will not return enough Command Capital to make it a worthwhile expansion.

Tiburnat: Near to Cook, Martio, and Ngarawe
Galaxy Map | System View (medium pad only)
Distance from HQ:75.94Ly
Expansion Cost:137cc
Radius Income:96cc
Upkeep:-26cc
Profit after Overhead:8cc

LTT 2667: Near to Xinca, Malaikudi, and Binjia
Galaxy Map | System View
Distance from HQ:98.87Ly
Expansion Cost:152cc
Radius Income:111cc
Upkeep:-30cc
Profit after Overhead:19cc

Research was not expecting to have a surplus of Command Capital this week, so further suggestions are welcome, but be advised, they should have an expansion cost within the realm of 140-155cc, and they require a potential profit of greater than 62cc.

Expansion

There are no active crime sweeps this week, as the Senator dealt with systems in turmoil.

Opposition

The Plague of the Pegasi Sector has three active expansions: VVO 19, Dhak, and Evejitaka. CMDR Mira Alluvion, who has been spear-heading organized opposition via the IHC, points to Dhak as the primary focus for opposition this week. Pilots fighting in resistance pockets in Dhak will probably welcome all the help they find.

Shadow President Winters is pushing one expansion outwards this week: Mangwe. If successful, this system will be nearly 30Ly from Ida Dhor.

Fortification

Fortification efforts were astounding this week. The deficit and turmoil loomed large, but a massive fortification effort early in the week secured all of the highly populated control spheres, and the last minute mad dash of logistics focused commanders secured many of the sparsely populated control spheres, reducing the deficit so that all four expansions were secured, and control of Ida Dhor was recovered. It was a truly impressive drive to fortify half a dozen systems during GalNet's countdown of the last hours of the week.

There are four newly minted systems pledged to the as yet uncrowned Emperor, and they will all require the same diligence than the other control systems do. Research has once again compiled a spreadsheet and priority list to aide in efficient fortification.

Undermining

Once again, pilots have put substantial effort into undermining specific targets. IHC has indicated targets for operatives in the Pegasi Sector, and the priorities list will be adjusted with priority targets for other sectors as they are made available.

Currently, the priorities in the Pegasi Sector are: Huaich, HIP 106072, Halbangaay, LTT 16548, and Hiranyaksha.

Rumors are spreading that recent developments in FrameShift Interdictor firmware has increased the difficulty of interdictions, so be careful out there commanders.

The Kamadhenu Chapterhouse of Inquisition

This week's Chapterhouse Lantern showcases eight separate conflicts, two of which are high priority, due to their chance of increasing fortification triggers, should they be lost. Combat pilots and all those friendly to the cause of the new Emperor are requested to assist the Baal Guardians of Tradition and the Martio Imperial Society.

The Chapterhouse of Inquisition offers opportunities to help lower fortification triggers, raise undermining triggers, and serve as a distraction from hauling cargo. If you are a pilot who cares about fortifying a deficit-causing system, please come to the Chapterhouse so inquisitors can help you with advice on how to keep that fortification trigger down, much like Inquisitor Harfang is doing in HR 571. Deficit-causing systems that are consistently rescued and fortified are the concern of those who do the fortifying, and they may find eager support if they announce their intentions to protect their homes. Valiant Commanders looking to make their home system benefit Senator Lavigny-Duval's cause are encouraged to sign up and help in any way.

Reddit post.

Good luck and godspeed, commanders.

Quick Links:
Fortification Hitlist
Pegasi Pirate Conflict
Chapterhouse Lantern

Last edited:
Fourthed on the great work.

I keep checking the spreadsheet just so I can gaze at the new 'top' system: CD-49 3617 and its beautiful 165 CC Income.

Early Preparation

The Dispatch from the Herald mentions 4 possible Preparation targets this cycle: Birite/LTT 2667 (one of the two) and Kappa and Suttora. The last of those has attracted no interest so far and a survey shows it medium pad only and not such a great spot. The Preparations list (as at 19:45 GMT) is shown below. LTT 2667 is a comfortable 3rd, Kappa sneaks in at 8th.

The early leader is Tiburnat; not recommended by Research as a primary candidate but it is on the Spreadsheet list of Future Preparations. Medium pad only again but it has received so much support that a local player group may be pushing it. At 70 CC Income it looks a decent possibility but will leave it to Research to judge it. [BTW, the list notes Tiburnat as overlapping Cook & Martio, but the Galaxy Map lists 0 Contested systems for it - though my knowledge of this stuff is poor].

Prep.png

Last edited:
Thanks Cmdr Noxa.

Undermining : i can't find "Huiach" .

=> Did you mean HUICHI ?

I meant Huaich. Thanks for the catch.

Hopefully next week if everything goes right during the coronation.

Essentially, yes, I'm waiting for the coronation to make it official. I'd say 'Emperor-elect' if it made sense.

The Dispatch from the Herald mentions 4 possible Preparation targets this cycle: Birite/LTT 2667 (one of the two) and Kappa and Suttora. The last of those has attracted no interest so far and a survey shows it medium pad only and not such a great spot. The Preparations list (as at 19:45 GMT) is shown below. LTT 2667 is a comfortable 3rd, Kappa sneaks in at 8th.

The early leader is Tiburnat; not recommended by Research as a primary candidate but it is on the Spreadsheet list of Future Preparations. Medium pad only again but it has received so much support that a local player group may be pushing it. At 70 CC Income it looks a decent possibility but will leave it to Research to judge it. [BTW, the list notes Tiburnat as overlapping Cook & Martio, but the Galaxy Map lists 0 Contested systems for it - though my knowledge of this stuff is poor].

View attachment 67025

Yes, indeed, Lord. Tiburnat is not a bad preparation target. I left it off because it was a medium pad system. It is still worthwhile as a destination if pilots are willing to fly there.

Neites, however, is an unpopulated system, and not worth the expense. We should do all we can to push LTT 2667 to overtake Neites.

PREPARATION UPDATE:

Active Commanders have spoken, and over twenty thousand tonnes have been delivered to two profitable systems: Tiburnat and LTT 2667. Another 11 thousand has been delivered to Neites for some reason. This sparsely populated system will not return enough Command Capital to make it a worthwhile expansion.

Tiburnat: Near to Cook, Martio, and Ngarawe
Galaxy Map | System View (medium pad only)
Distance from HQ:75.94Ly
Expansion Cost:137cc
Radius Income:96cc
Upkeep:-26cc
Profit after Overhead:8cc

LTT 2667: Near to Xinca, Malaikudi, and Binjia
Galaxy Map | System View
Distance from HQ:98.87Ly
Expansion Cost:152cc
Radius Income:111cc
Upkeep:-30cc
Profit after Overhead:19cc

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Does anybody know where the spreadsheet has gone?

I just get the following:

Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist.
Please check the address and try again.

Was looking to help The Kamadhenu Chapterhouse of Inquisition...
Just was in Lutni civil war is over ?!

l.png

Last edited:
Is there a way to help keeping up to date the "Fortification Hitlist". I would more than happy to participate occasionnaly

I meant Huaich. Thanks for the catch.

Essentially, yes, I'm waiting for the coronation to make it official. I'd say 'Emperor-elect' if it made sense.

Hi Commander Noxa
Just a quick thank you for all the excellent advice over the last several weeks but I have now joined an excellent group and will be hitting targets designated by the leadership.

May I however ask a quick question please?

You prepare an excellent spreadsheet each week and the thing I really like is how you have the 'Blue Line' which shows what systems we should be throwing garrison supplies at and what ones should be ignored.

Is there a way of knowing this information on other factions as it seems daft to undermine an enemy power's system when it also wants the location undermined..

Hopefully you understand my query?

Thanks again for that excellent advice

Is there a way of knowing this information on other factions as it seems daft to undermine an enemy power's system when it also wants the location undermined..

Nope.

IHC is a tool for imperial aligned player groups to communicate with each other and thus avoid hitting the same targets. If your group wishes to have a representative there to discuss inter-group strategy, simply have the proposed representative post on the IHC subreddit and request to be included.

Additionally, CMDR Darkminded is trying to build a communicative cooperative system for Lavigny-aligned player groups right now. You can help his cause by having someone in the group reply to his post or fill out the google form.

And finally, many CMDRs help out to make the spreadsheet the useful tool which it is.

Last edited:
Hi Cmdrs. I wanted to let you know that Tialocan is in a civil war state. That system is close to HIP 16460 (not sure on the number, it is the one listed as needed help with their own civil war). Tialocan is an Empire Patronage, high tech system. The challenging group is not affiliated with the Empire and a democracy.

I didn't see it on the spreadsheet. Is this a new conflict or am I just missing something?

Hi, I'm hijacking the thread for a moment to remind everyone about the Chapterhouse of Inquisition's EGX Paintjob code competition.

We want to see your best screenshots & original artwork!
We have some Exclusive, Limited Edition EGX paintjob codes (for the Cobra MkIII) to give away, courtesy of /u/ZacAntonaci_Frontier, one of the wonderful Community Managers for Frontier & Elite Dangerous.
We have 6 codes up for grabs in the Screenshot Category, and another 6 codes for the Original Artwork Category.
Rules:

• Submit your entries as Comments to this Post.
  • All winners will be randomly selected from both categories.
  • Only one chance per user per category, but feel free to post as many examples as you like.
  • Original Artwork should be based on ED.
  • Retouching screenshots is allowed.
  • We will announce the winners Sunday evening (11 October ~21:00 BST), giving you all time to fire up PS and/or get out there and take some awesome screenshots :)
So good luck everyone! We're really looking forward to seeing what you all come up with.
[h=1]We're looking for a logo for the Chapterhouse of Inquisition - we would especially welcome some submissions from our community for this - in the Original Artwork category.[/h]

If you have a Reddit account then you can post your entries as a Comment here: https://www.reddit.com/r/LavignyInq...j/do_you_want_the_chance_to_win_an_exclusive/

or if you don't do Reddit you can post them in this thread, which I will monitor for entries.

Remember you get one chance to win per category - so if you submit a screenshot and some art - you'll get two chances to win.

Top Bottom