ARX - Bonus for playing in OPEN.

While the full details of 'ARX', and how it is to be implemented - amount given weekly, etc. - hasn't been made public knowledge, I wanted to make a suggestion anyway (perhaps it is already in the pipeline).

Basically, I suggest that players who play in OPEN receive a bonus amount of ARX to those who chose to play in SOLO only. Because of the higher risks involved with OPEN play, it makes sense that those players should receive a greater reward for playing the game in this mode.

Thanks.

Here gankers are trying to subvert yet another initiative.
Firstly, I'm not a 'ganker' (yet...). Secondly, how is this suggestion trying to 'subvert' anything? I'm merely pointing out a clear fact - OPEN is more dangerous, and so, because of the greater risk, there should be a greater reward. It could also be seen as a way for Frontier to encourage players to actually play in OPEN.

I'm a solo player who plays in Open. Tell me why I should be rewarded, for what? It's very easy to avoid player contact in Open, so all ideas of a bonus for just playing in Open (without any further challenge) makes absolutely zero sense. Even the flawed open only PP proposal makes more sense in this regard.

A better idea and probably more in the spirit of what you seem to envision would be ARX points given by a certain number of player encounters. Wouldn't be quite easy to implement though cause to avoid abusing such a system, it only should count new contacts. And there we are: players like me would actively seeking contact... probably. ;)

Last edited:
A player who plays solely in OPEN and not solely in SOLO should be rewarded for actually playing the game with others - running the risk of encountering more hostiles than in SOLO (simply facing NPC 'threats' only). I'm sure there are other reasons, perhaps better, but I can't come up with any just yet - not sure I can be bothered either. The one reason given is good enough.

as you are pushing for but the game should be equal across the board no matter which mode you play, Remember play your way as the advert states. Its your choice to play in open if the dangers are greater, thats your choice too.

as you are pushing for but the game should be equal across the board no matter which mode you play, Remember play your way as the advert states. Its your choice to play in open if the dangers are greater, thats your choice too.
That's the whole point - the modes are not equal. OPEN is superior to SOLO, and it requires a superior level of play to survive. OPEN players deserve a greater ARX credit than SOLO players - those players who can influence the galaxy, systems, BGS and PowerPlay despite not having to show up and confront their adversarys face-to-face, mano a mano, etc. For that, they deserve less ARX credits - if any at all...

A player who plays solely in OPEN and not solely in SOLO should be rewarded for actually playing the game with others - running the risk of encountering more hostiles than in SOLO (simply facing NPC 'threats' only). I'm sure there are other reasons, perhaps better, but I can't come up with any just yet - not sure I can be bothered either. The one reason given is good enough.
Whats so special about playing with others?

in solo and private there are missions just the same except your not targeting players so almost no difference, why should you be rewarded because you think you are brave when players in solo and private take missions on just the same.

Oh this is brilliant trolling - in the original meaning of the term.

I mean, nobody would rationally try to argue that playing a game in multiplayer mode is more worthy of free cosmetics than playing the same game alone. To do so you'd need to be taking gaming altogether too seriously AND have an overblown sense of self-entitlement.

11/10, worthy of a free Arx.

Playing against human opponents is a greater challenge than playing against NPC. Players in SOLO take on similar missions, but the reason they are in SOLO is because they want to avoid human opponents.

Top Bottom