Guide / Tutorial ARX Earning Guide

Synthesis is mentioned on the 'needs more tests' section as I think it is probably 1 ARX / synth, but haven't tested enough to make the advice more general. Thanks for the reminder I may do some more tests later :)

Yeah with Jumponium it seems to be an interesting one because it seems to give ARX for standard and premium but not basic, which really if it was just synthesis why should it make a difference?

Yeah with Jumponium it seems to be an interesting one because it seems to give ARX for standard and premium but not basic, which really if it was just synthesis why should it make a difference?
Could be similar to material gathering where it seems that G5 can give ARX, but lower grades do not. But that needs more investigation too :) I thought basic ammo synth gave ARX, so it is strange if Jumponium is different, but then again - fdev do seem to have made this quite obscure in places.

Synthesis:

All measured by relog - synthesis - relog. All weapon synths on empty weapons. Nothing for jumponium for me 🤷‍♀️ Mostly only ARX for premium - apart from limpets - and multicannons get nothing even for Premium. Weird. Doesn't seem to be tied to the mats grade used either (Shard Cannon Premium Ammo doesn't use high grade mats) - could be related to number of mats. Need to fill in more blanks...

TypeBasicStandardPremium
Limpet1
FSD (Jumponium)000
Life Support0
Explosive001
Large Calibre01
Plasma1
High Velocity0
Shard Cannon1
Small Calibre0

Last edited:
Jameson's Cobra gives 0-2 arxes per relog. Most of the time 1, rarely 0 (when getting full of certain materials) and even rare 2 - happened only twice and after a zero session
Saw a 3 on the first set, but one may have been from fuel scooping on the way over.
Seems linked 1:2 with G5 drops and once you're full you stop getting any more ARX.

Recent topic on mining arx inspired me to do more testing on what I get for selling painite.

Price/T: 794K

Sold 1T, 5 times (checking menu each time). On the fifth I got 1 arx. Repeated twice and was consistent.
Tried 2Tx2, then 1T - also got one arx.
5Tx3 - 3 arx.

So for me every 5T sold is 1 arx. This will make the process easier in future.

Stuff I should've checked - whether extra tonnage is wasted if I sell more then 5 at a time.
Stuff to check in future - whether the price sold affects the amount required.
Possible complications - 3 SLF pilots earning 10% each.

Bought Chally at Shin=20 Arx.
Bought 2nd Chally=5 Arx.

Moved to Wolf 186, purchased Chieftain =16 Arx.
Purchased Crusader( 🤷‍♀️)=5 Arx.

Ordered Chally from Shin to Diaguandri =3 Arx (Exploration 🤷‍♀️)
2nd Chally = 2 Arx.

Transfer of two purchases from Wolf = 1 Arx.

(Take hacksaw to Crusader spoiler=0 Arx).

Last edited:
Bought 2nd Chally=5 Arx.

2nd Chally = 2 Arx.

Just transferred another four ships, various locations, cost of transfers approx 14 million, =31 Arx.

Hmm. Not very scientific, forgot to take notes:rolleyes:.
Cleared out approx hundred modules, transferred some modules from Witch Head=153 Arx.

I'm tipping it's the Witch Head transfers that have given most of these. Seemed to be the distance/cost that counted with ship transfers.

Sold 54T of Painite @ 770k/T in 5T batches : 0 ARX. Starting to wonder if the ARX are actually for paying your crew (as I have none). Time to hire someone :)

(From Meta's earlier post 794k * 5T * 30% for crew is just over 1M ... which is similar to other ARX sources ...)

Bought 2nd Chally=5 Arx.

2nd Chally = 2 Arx.

Veering off topic slightly, eddb.io isn't returning any results for a Challenger at Li Yong-Rui prices?

I've got a Chieftain, heading for Kuhn Station in Wolf 186 to buy a Crusader and reactive armour...

Veering off topic slightly, eddb.io isn't returning any results for a Challenger at Li Yong-Rui prices?

I've got a Chieftain, heading for Kuhn Station in Wolf 186 to buy a Crusader and reactive armour...
Yep, Chally from Shin, others from Wolf.
They must be popular.:D

Sold 54T of Painite @ 770k/T in 5T batches : 0 ARX. Starting to wonder if the ARX are actually for paying your crew (as I have none). Time to hire someone :)

(From Meta's earlier post 794k * 5T * 30% for crew is just over 1M ... which is similar to other ARX sources ...)
Yes, I think crew might be the difference between why you get none and the guy in the other thread sells 26T at a time. I suppose I could take a hit in profit for science next time I sell. :p

Yep, Chally from Shin, others from Wolf.
They must be popular.:D
Meh, I can wait til there's a discounted one available.

19 MCR for the stock Crusader = Trade: 18, Other: 1.
44.666 MCR Reactive Surface Composite = Trade: 5.
4.2 MCR Class 5A FSD = Trade: 3. +Range rolls: 1:1.

Last edited:
Yes, I think crew might be the difference between why you get none and the guy in the other thread sells 26T at a time. I suppose I could take a hit in profit for science next time I sell. :p
I've hired some crew and will test it out today - that alt is getting close to trade elite so might solve two problems at the same time :)

Sry, no more painite/vop selling tests until next thursday :)
Engineering my new mission runner put me well over the cap. I have a Mamba waiting to be engineered, but that is postponed too :)

Top Bottom