Guide / Tutorial ARX Earning Guide

Looks like ARX for UC has been nerfed more than I thought - seems not to be a simple divisor - just sold @ 14M UC and got 47 ARX - around 1 ARX per 300k, where pre-Jan it was 1 per 100k, and after Jan started at 1ARX for 175k ...

Edit: Cancel that - after further investigation it looks like it is sticking to ~ 1 ARX per 175k UC - but sometimes they don't all get recorded. Fdev just aren't very good at counting....

Last edited:
Looks like ARX for UC has been nerfed more than I thought - seems not to be a simple divisor - just sold @ 14M UC and got 47 ARX - around 1 ARX per 300k, where pre-Jan it was 1 per 100k, and after Jan started at 1ARX for 175k ...

Edit: Cancel that - after further investigation it looks like it is sticking to ~ 1 ARX per 175k UC - but sometimes they don't all get recorded. Fdev just aren't very good at counting....

I agree with 175k when selling exploration data, sold one system for around 1.6 million and got 9 ARX

Still nuthin' for mining. And with the mineral price reduction my usual trick of selling enough to pay one crew 1M to get 1 arx/trans is also reduced. <shakes fist at FD>

Engineering Rolls - 100 G1 rolls : 110 ARX. Looks like there are ARX for maxing a grade in some way. Also took an upgrade G1 -> G4 - 19 Rolls, 20 ARX.

Though I guess Engineering Rolls : 1+ ARX is probably close enough :)

Engineering Rolls - 100 G1 rolls : 110 ARX. Looks like there are ARX for maxing a grade in some way. Also took an upgrade G1 -> G4 - 19 Rolls, 20 ARX.

This is a stupidly fast way to farm ARX....

1. Farm high grade easy to get mats (hello downed condas!)
2. Trade down what you got inside the same category so you get the best rates for G1s
3. Burn all the mats you got from "1 & 2" by applying the same G1 roll over and over again
4. Repeat until you've maxed your weekly ARX

ps: I reckon this isn't the funnest way but still fast af considering the other methods. You can very well max your weekly ARX in 1-2 hs or so

Seems they considered diminishing returns for trading low grade mats, but not lower grade engineering...
FDev may have considered that getting even low grade eng is already hard for some players so if they implement diminishing returns on that it will nerf newbies habiliteis to make ARX even further..
I know long time players that could never bring themselves to fully eng any ship because it is extremely time consuming since it requires you to lvl that eng first and then spend + a bunch of hard to get stuff in order to get that nice G5 all the way...
So if they ever nerf ARX from low G eng (which I believe sooner or later it is bound to happen - specially after this post lol) they must also buff ARX from high G since the differences in difficulty between a G1 and a G5 is just abyssal..

FDev may have considered that getting even low grade eng is already hard for some players so if they implement diminishing returns on that it will nerf newbies habiliteis to make ARX even further..
I know long time players that could never bring themselves to fully eng any ship because it is extremely time consuming since it requires you to lvl that eng first and then spend + a bunch of hard to get stuff in order to get that nice G5 all the way...
So if they ever nerf ARX from low G eng (which I believe sooner or later it is bound to happen - specially after this post lol) they must also buff ARX from high G since the differences in difficulty between a G1 and a G5 is just abyssal..
Had a go at pulling it apart to see what was going on under the hood here.

Coming at it from the newbie side you may not notice the penalty. From the other end it would be obvious.

The downside I'm seeing is the change in play style. It's no longer fun: Grind the 400 cap and quit til maint.

Well.
G1 sensors, mod applied (light weight / long range), materials at start, rolls to max g1,materials at end
50 rolls, 55 arx. Can't really find out where those 5 extra arxes come from.
repeated twice.
Code:
mod,  mat, bgn -     rolls to max    - end
LW1, phos, 209 - 1121112112112112111 = 185
LR1, iron, 117 - 2122221211111211111 =  91

Edit: A decent incentive to max Colonia engineers, i'd say

Last edited:
Are ARX awards diminished at a later point in the game? I'm in my 3rd week and so far I've always filled up my allowance in about 2 days, without even paying any attention to it.

Are ARX awards diminished at a later point in the game? I'm in my 3rd week and so far I've always filled up my allowance in about 2 days, without even paying any attention to it.
Not that I've noticed - I've maxed out arx on my 4 commanders each week doing investigations.

Nope. But some activities are more rewarding than others.

Seems that selling high valuables in smaller batches been nerfed.
Did 4 jumps, docked, sold 324t of LTD in 18x 18t batches (20 something millions per transaction) then relogged.
11 arx, 1 being for exploration.
It used to arx waaaay more than that.

4 jumps, mining 326t, returning 4 jumps = 17 arx (10 exploration??? + 6 trading + 1 other)
selling 300t, then another 26t = 3 arx ### this kinda sux

Did 4 jumps, docked, sold 324t of LTD in 18x 18t batches (20 something millions per transaction) then relogged.
Did some checking on how crew reimbursements are handled when selling goods on the previous page.

ARX dividends didn't seem to apply in any great amount for personal trading income, unless it's changed?

Powerplay

Buying Media Materials seem to gain 1 ARX per 10 (Trade), with an extra 1 (Other) if you buy 40 at a time (only have a small ship so cannot test large numbers at the moment). Delivering any number of materials gains 1 ARX.

It's not about what you sell, it's about how much gets paid to your crew. Still works at the same rate of 1 arx/million paid to crew for me.

Top Bottom