Notice ARX FAQ

I will say this again: if Arx was equivalent to money it would be illegal for Frontier to trade in it. You need licenses and certifications before you can keep money for people.

We buy Arx that have no monetary value for a variable price. It is store credit, not money. There is no cash equivalent for any number of Arx, because that would be legally and commercially dangerous. (It is useful for Frontier to be able to incentivise the large Arx packs too.)

If you had to close your account, Frontier may decide to gift you money as compensation for losing your Arx but they have no legal requirement to; Arx have no value. It would be a good-will gesture.
Interesting.

it's true that Frontier is not a bank and does not offer financial investments.

Might you both agree that Arx may be a money within the ED socio-economic context, but it is no such thing in the wider world since it is not exchangeable for another currency at an agreed and stable rate of exchange. It may not be exchanged for national currency at all.

Arx is not a good, an item that may be purchased or sold for an agreed sum. It cannot be sold.

Arx is, as close as I can reason, a service. It can be purchased, but once we have bought it, we can never sell it.

I can sell you a potato, and I might give you a free potato. You are then able to give the potato to someone else and have the option of selling it to them. A potato is a good.
I can give you a massage, and I might give you a free massage. However, having received the massage, you cannot pass it on to anyone else. A massage is a service.

That massage has a value to you and it requires an expenditure of effort and resources from me.
Similarly, Arx has a value to us and it requires an expenditure of effort and resources from Frontier. They make the paint jobs available to us.

So while Arx may operate as a form of money within the ED socio-economic context (ie in the game client) within the world context it is a service.
Yes I doubt that the global banking system recognizes ARX.

No.... you need PSN+ or gold to play in open or PG but it works fine in solo without. (solo is still online)

Well, that's interesting and weird. Thanks.

Xbox Gold was touted as you needed it for multiplayer. I just equated being online meant multiplayer even if you didn't interact with other players.

But I don't need to use Xbox Gold to play splitscreen or couch co-op, so now it's use just seems semantic.

Well, that's interesting and weird. Thanks.

Xbox Gold was touted as you needed it for multiplayer. I just equated being online meant multiplayer even if you didn't interact with other players.

But I don't need to use Xbox Gold to play splitscreen or couch co-op, so now it's use just seems semantic.
Solo and PG and Open are all in the only model of the galaxy there is basically they just limit the number of players you can potentially meet from none in Solo to whoever is signed up to the same group to anybody at all who is playing on the same platform type as yourself.

Currently all activities other than direct interaction with another player are available in any mode which I think is one of the better aspects of the game, others for various reasons want to eliminate that freedom of choice.

You can earn up to 400 ARX per week. If you do not earn the full amount of ARX in that week, the total amount does not roll over to the following week. You can only ever earn 400 ARX per week.​
What day does the ARX "week" start on? (I've hit the limit. When can I start earning more?)

it really sucks that the Skin page from the Shop is gone missing.. no more bragging or talking about the skins.. no Preview without logging into the game... this is really a bad Decision.

it really sucks that the Skin page from the Shop is gone missing.. no more bragging or talking about the skins.. no Preview without logging into the game... this is really a bad Decision.

Frontier have already clearly stated that the web store will be returning:

Edit: as the preview doesn't show the content of the specific linked post, the exact quote:

Good news! We are planning to deploy a web store for players to browse Paint Jobs and other items while outside of the game! As soon as the web store is ready to launch, we'll let the community know.

Frontier have already clearly stated that the web store will be returning:

Edit: as the preview doesn't show the content of the specific linked post, the exact quote:
Interesting ! And the "Soon (tm)" has not been said.

:)

"
when Is Elite Dangerous going to be free-to-play?
No, we currently have no plans to change Elite Dangerous over to a free-to-play model. "

Wouldn't the simple 'No' have been sufficient here without the rest ?

Now the question changes with the addition of the words, "when", "to" and "be" in the appropriate place!

@Paige Harvey - Please explain why the purchase of ARX, a digital product, is insisting on collecting a physical address that is not required for the provision of said product? Nothing personal against your organisation, it's just business and I have anonymous credit on my Steam wallet that I would like to use.

I refuse to compromise my personal security. Does that exclude any and all ARX purchases?

[Note: As I'm stuck at step one in the process, is it possible to purchase ARX via Steam at all?]

@Paige Harvey - Secondary question regarding the "MY ARX #" status displayed on the main menu of the game: Do you plan to prevent this display from collapsing after a short period and, do you intend to add a countdown to the end of the current in-game ARX earning period so we can manage our activity?

Also, when will you publish a comprehensive list of ARX returns on in-game time investment?

In Star Trek Online you can earn as much Dilithium ore as possible yet you can only refine 8000 units per day. Can we have a similar system in ED where you can over earn on Arx but only 400 are moved from the pending stack to the active stack? The reason behind this request is that after a long exploration trip I have maxed out my 400 Arx, yet I still have a significant amount of data to sell, if I wait until the next reset to sell more so not to lose the Arx I am not playing the game. This situation could last for a couple of weeks until I've cleared the data. (this is an example)

Ta.

Top Bottom