ARX Update - Livery Bots

Hi,

I've been catching up with the update for September with the new in game shop and livery system and I couldn't help but notice that it was mentioned that you will be able to to switch paint jobs, name plates, decals etc without being docked and I haven't heard anything on how this will be implemented to not spoil a bit of the immersion. I mean when docked you still don't get to see workers painting your ship but it makes sense that there would be a crew on the station doing this but with this I think it's gonna feel like pure Dr.Strange magic. 65kly away from home no sign of even aliens, I press 2 buttons and wam bam my paint just changed.
My suggestion would be like with the ships in the new Star Trek series, have a couple of bots/droids (number depending on ship size) stuck on the fuselage of the ship (not cargo, not tradable and no other function than livery) to act as those imaginary "workers" we had on the station. 5-10 second zooming around the ship and Presto! magic that is no longer magic but sience fiction. Livery bots, worker bees or something (bet their team can come with something better) would be much better than randomly appearing paint.

OR they can take lazy route and put in front of the or change the name of the paintjobs to Nano-robotic Polymer Coatings instead and it would still carry on the immersion without having to actually implement anything in the game.
But I like the first one more caue I can already imagine it looking way more high-techy-techy :D

Well hope this post won't just end as a bunch of 1's and 0's somewhere in the depths of the internet and will actually help or inspire someone in some sort or way.

Stay safe CMDR's!

Perhaps my memory is failing but was it Andromeda where intership messages were sent in small torpedo like craft that travelled really fast. Perhaps a faster than light Amazon Prime delivery of paint and rollers AND then a little bit of extra vehicular activity as you painted the hull your self as a freindly camera drone streamed live to Twitch .... :)

If you don't want your livery to change while you're not docked, don't change it while you're not docked.

I personally like the idea of being able to change it.

Besides, the change is made from the main menu, so technically, you're not in game. Yet.

Cash shop MTX have no effect on gameplay. So they should not have gameplay attached. Or world lore. They simply exist.

Top Bottom