Ask Your Planetary Tech Questions!

Given that Odyssey has different release dates for PC and consoles, but the new planetary tech will be available to Odyssey and non-Odyssey players alike, how does that affect deployment of the new planetary tech? Will console players see it starting with Odyssey's PC release date or its console release date?

Will the hightmaps of planets remain? I mean, will the canyons i race through now, still be the same when the update hits? Will the testicle moons still exist in odyssey?

Last edited:
Will I be able to capture creatures on the surface of a planet and place them into some sort of ground based menagerie? A "Planet Zoo" perhaps?

Question:
What is the diversity of the new scannable biologicals like? Are they entirely procedurally generated based upon the type of planet they are on or are they largely a pool of pre-created assets for the different types of planet?

The planet surface in Elite: Dangerous is, as it stands now, very simple and doesn't allow for special landscape such as cliffs, caves, giant vulcanos and the like.
Are there any plans to add (possibly handcrafted) such kind of special landscape effects to the game in the future?

Top Bottom