Ships Asp Explorer - Exploration build (end game ;))

Hello
please rate my deep-space-exploration build :cool:

i think i achieved satisfying jump range with every usefull exploration module

ps. will it boost?

Although armoured power plants add a little mass they have a lot more integrity (hit points) and they can only be repaired at stations, also with stock bulkheads you can apply heavy duty and deep plating with no mass penalty, low power enhanced shields with stripped down are just made for exploration ;)

Fit a class 1 mining laser same mass less power and power off the PD once you've set the pip balance

edit I meant class 1 mining laser oops

Last edited:
Just been playing around on Coriolis and high charge capacity PD's add 30% additional integrity for no additional mass, so higher damage resistance less work for the AFMU

I never found a satisfying build for an AspX that had sufficient shielding and modules in open.
I love the Phantom for that, this build was at Explorer's Anchorage during Distant Worlds/Ganks
and had no problems in open:

(edit: link lost in translation)

I also like to a add a lightweight plasma slug imphammer to drain the fuel tank.

Last edited:
At the risk of necro-ing this thread (although it's only a month old I guess!), what is the mining laser for? Is it to mine mats from asteroids? I mean why do you need a mining laser on an exploration voyage?

Last edited:
I like to take a research limpet controller instead of a repair limpet controller. As an experienced pilot you will most likely not even need the AFMU. I second the proposal to exchange the 5D reactor for a 4A or 3A one. It is lighter and runs even cooler and with proper engineering and can deliver more power than needed.

At the risk of necro-ing this thread (although it's only a month old I guess!), what is the mining laser for? Is it to mine mats from asteroids?

A mining laser can get you much needed materials from asteroids, when there are no planets available for landing. It can also help to activate orbital guardian stations. Flying without the ability to transfer energy is not very wise in my opinion.

At the risk of necro-ing this thread (although it's only a month old I guess!), what is the mining laser for? Is it to mine mats from asteroids? I mean why do you need a mining laser on an exploration voyage?

Yes, indeed - to mine materials from asteroids.
you can search for End ot the Road, a really nice ED story that eventually had some lasting effects in the Galaxy

Edit: The story made it outside of the ED world

Last edited:
Top Bottom