Ships Asp Explorer - Low Engineering - Road to Riches - Build

Asp Explorer Build
Diamondback Explorer Build

The goal of this build is to maximize the jump range using as little engineering as possible, while still providing some general utility.
This utility is the reason I included a 64T cargo rack. You could for example use this build to plot R2R routes between engineers and still have enough space to take the ressouces needed to unlock them with you.
The only engineer actually used in this build is Felicity Farseer as she is one of the easiest and generally the first to unlock. That means G5 FSD and G3 thrusters.

The level 6 fuel scoop that is normally used in similar builds has been downgraded to lvl 5 because it would almost double the cost while only reducing the refuel time by 20 seconds.
Since only very few jumps in a typical R2R route are over 50 ly, I chose 55 ly as the goal to hit.

Optional "Sidegrades":
  • Add SRV or any other optional internal module - reduces jump range
  • Ditch heat sink launcher - if not needed, increases jump range to 55
  • Add mining lasers or weaponry
  • Ditch the Auto Field-Maintenance Unit for more module slots
Please let me know if you see any issues or oversights, I'm happy to update the list accordingly!

Edit 1:
Updated Asp build (better and cheaper fuel scoop) and added DBX alternative (13M$ instead of 22M$, DBX has longer jump range and Asp much faster fuel scoop)
Thanks Factabulous for the suggestions!

Last edited:
RtR won't need an AFMU, and a 6B Fuel Scoop Works better than a 5A for less $$$. Don't need a H/S either as you aren't going anywhere far away.

Or just use a DBX for 1/3 the cost and better jump range. Though as you say, you don't need much jump range as you are staying near the bubble.

I thank you for your post. The recent CG had me realising I was not as efficient as I could be - not totally my fault as I am early on in the game and it was my first transport CG, so ships and engineering for that task are not in abundance! However, yet another objective (of the many I have! 😛 ) is to create a runabout that suits the purpose, so any ideas/suggestions are food for thought.

Thank you. <O

RtR won't need an AFMU, and a 6B Fuel Scoop Works better than a 5A for less $$$. Don't need a H/S either as you aren't going anywhere far away.

Or just use a DBX for 1/3 the cost and better jump range. Though as you say, you don't need much jump range as you are staying near the bubble.
Thanks for the suggestions!
I kept the AFMU since it doesn't add mass but I added it to the optional sidegrades^^

Make a detour to unlock the Guardian Frame Shift Drive Booster. With that you have more choice and can get rich faster.
Unlike with engineering, you have to unlock Technology Broker modules only once and can then buy any amount. In case of modules you also unlock all classes at once.

Last edited:

Best investment of in game time was unlocking the guardian fsd booster, from my perspective.

Top Bottom