General Assign NPC crew members to the spare cockpit seat so we can actually see our NPC crew members in our cockpits!!

What's truly disdainful of them is that, in 6 years, they never deigned to tell us why they won't add such an easy feature to the game... Now, with Apex, they show us how close they are, but they keep ignoring us.

It's like they swore an oath never to fill those empty seats with NPC ; but I personally also swear I'll never give them one more cent if not for that feature or walkable ship interiors.
It is an ISSUE tracker, we reported something we see as an issue and they say it is not the place where to post it. Why don't they rename it to "bug tracker" then?

Anyway, the irony reaches ridiculous levels. People come up with suggestion on the forum all the time and they are never heard (or at least so rarely that it feels like never). When you use the only platform where you can get some reaction from the devs, they tell you to go post it on the forum where they will ignore it. Like really - they posted that screenshot with most voted reports on the issue tracker and said that they would do the most voted stuff, so they somewhat hinted that what's on the tracker has a chance to be implemented but they never posted any screen of "most debated topics of the forum that will be addressed". The reply in the issue tracker is some pre-made answer anyway, because the report literally has a link to this forum topic and they tell you "you should post suggestions on the forum"...really, what the hell?

So here we are, once again being said to go f*ck ourselves even when requesting something that could be pretty much just a visual thing. But hey! Some skins are on the sale so if you wanna something visual, give us more money buy some Arx and you can decorate you ship like ship-shaped Barbie...

Makes me even more eager to play Bethesda's Starfield...
About two months ago I got so fed up with Frontier's approach (read "ignoring of") to the community that even after 1000+ hours spent in Elite, I decided to give a shot to Star Citizen. I was reluctant at first as I heard that it is "over-hyped alpha" and what not (though, Odyssey returned Elite to Alpha too, so not really an argument) but I was really blown away by it. You have "just" one star system available so far but it really feels like what you can do in that one star system is pretty much the same as what you can do in Elite within the whole bubble (missions, boubty hunting, mining trading...). Some of these features are still on very basic level but they are being worked on - such as trading/cargo hauling is currently possible but gives very low payouts at the moment (though the next update coming sometimes next month should bring some changes to make more use of hauler ships). The only thing that is absent so far is exploration, but that doesn't bother me because exploration in Elite is pretty much "jump to a system, honk, scan a few planets, if there is any planet that pays well for detail scanning scan it up close, jump to another system (repeat)". So it gets rather boring anyway.
But what else is there?
  • FPS combat? Yes! You can customize your weapons on the go with aiming sights and barrel attachments and you can change your choices later instead of "one attachment forever". You don't have to empty two full magazines into a person to kill them. No "lasers for shields, bullets for flesh".
  • Ship interiors? Yes! Unless you're flying some one-seat fighter, you have ship interiors which even change based on what modules you put into your ship. If you're transporting cargo, you can see cargo crates in your cargo hold and the crate models even change based on what you're transporting.
  • Mining? Yes! And it has its own mini-game rather than "hold down fire button until the asteroid content is at 0" and you can mine with your ship, with a special "mining rover" or even in caves on foot (yes, planets have caves).
  • Multicrew? Yes! Some ships are multi-crew and bringing another player aboard can really increase the ships damage output as these ships have turrets that have to be operated by another player and dish out significant amount of damage. Some ship have several turrets and if you get together enough people to man every turret, the combat becomes exponentially more fun. At the same time, if you buy one of these ships but fly them with no crew, even a small fighter can eventually destroy you because you without crew, you have pretty much no firepower.
  • Crime system? Yes! Very basic but even in the basic state it is much more interesting than what Elite has - if you get "crimeStat" (wanted levels), NPC police goes after you but other players also get bounty missions against you. If you get destroyed, you go to a prison, you get prison time based on your crimeStat level and you can either just "wait" till your time is done, or you can work the mines, mine some ore and so lower your sentence time...

It is an alpha so there are obviously bugs but at least they tell you outright that it is in alpha stage and don't present it as a finished game. Another "disadvantage" of SC is that it is significantly more hardware-demanding on your PC, which might be deal-breaker for people with older PCs. Anyway, they also have a bug tracker and once some report gets 10 confirmations, they start working on it and you get informed that the bug is being worked on and another notification when the bug has been fixed, you have forums with a literal "ask the devs" section where devs often react to the most discussed topics, there are streamed videos by the devs about the development process...you simply SEE what is going on in the development and that alone is a good enough reason for me to stick with SC. And you get all this for a one-time payment for one of the ships where the cheapest payment is roughly $50 (and you can buy any other ship later on for in-game money) while Elite costs you 25€ for the basic game and another 35€ for the Odyssey.

Sorry, didn't mean to be fan-girling SC in here but it is really how I feel about it now. I may return to Elite if I see some significant change in the future but currently I really don't see a reason to go back to Elite. Now, let's read all the "Goodbye then." posts :D

Last edited:
It is an ISSUE tracker, we reported something we see as an issue and they say it is not the place where to post it. Why don't they rename it to "bug tracker" then?

Anyway, the irony reaches ridiculous levels. People come up with suggestion on the forum all the time and they are never heard (or at least so rarely that it feels like never). When you use the only platform where you can get some reaction from the devs, they tell you to go post it on the forum where they will ignore it. Like really - they posted that screenshot with most voted reports on the issue tracker and said that they would do the most voted stuff, so they somewhat hinted that what's on the tracker has a chance to be implemented but they never posted any screen of "most debated topics of the forum that will be addressed". The reply in the issue tracker is some pre-made answer anyway, because the report literally has a link to this forum topic and they tell you "you should post suggestions on the forum"...really, what the hell?

So here we are, once again being said to go f*ck ourselves even when requesting something that could be pretty much just a visual thing. But hey! Some skins are on the sale so if you wanna something visual, give us more money buy some Arx and you can decorate you ship like ship-shaped Barbie...

About two months ago I got so fed up with Frontier's approach (read "ignoring of") to the community that even after 1000+ hours spent in Elite, I decided to give a shot to Star Citizen. I was reluctant at first as I heard that it is "over-hyped alpha" and what not (though, Odyssey returned Elite to Alpha too, so not really an argument) but I was really blown away by it. You have "just" one star system available so far but it really feels like what you can do in that one star system is pretty much the same as what you can do in Elite within the whole bubble (missions, boubty hunting, mining trading...). Some of these features are still on very basic level but they are being worked on - such as trading/cargo hauling is currently possible but gives very low payouts at the moment (though the next update coming sometimes next month should bring some changes to make more use of hauler ships). The only thing that is absent so far is exploration, but that doesn't bother me because exploration in Elite is pretty much "jump to a system, honk, scan a few planets, if there is any planet that pays well for detail scanning scan it up close, jump to another system (repeat)". So it gets rather boring anyway.
But what else is there?
  • FPS combat? Yes! You can customize your weapons on the go with aiming sights and barrel attachments and you can change your choices later instead of "one attachment forever". You don't have to empty two full magazines into a person to kill them. No "lasers for shields, bullets for flesh".
  • Ship interiors? Yes! Unless you're flying some one-seat fighter, you have ship interiors which even change based on what modules you put into your ship. If you're transporting cargo, you can see cargo crates in your cargo hold and the crate models even change based on what you're transporting.
  • Mining? Yes! And it has its own mini-game rather than "hold down fire button until the asteroid content is at 0" and you can mine with your ship, with a special "mining rover" or even in caves on foot (yes, planets have caves).
  • Multicrew? Yes! Some ships are multi-crew and bringing another player aboard can really increase the ships damage output as these ships have turrets that have to be operated by another player and dish out significant amount of damage. Some ship have several turrets and if you get together enough people to man every turret, the combat becomes exponentially more fun. At the same time, if you buy one of these ships but fly them with no crew, even a small fighter can eventually destroy you because you without crew, you have pretty much no firepower.
  • Crime system? Yes! Very basic but even in the basic state it is much more interesting than what Elite has - if you get "crimeStat" (wanted levels), NPC police goes after you but other players also get bounty missions against you. If you get destroyed, you go to a prison, you get prison time based on your crimeStat level and you can either just "wait" till your time is done, or you can work the mines, mine some ore and so lower your sentence time...

It is an alpha so there are obviously bugs but at least they tell you outright that it is in alpha stage and don't present it as a finished game. Another "disadvantage" of SC is that it is significantly more hardware-demanding on your PC, which might be deal-breaker for people with older PCs. Anyway, they also have a bug tracker and once some report gets 10 confirmations, they start working on it and you get informed that the bug is being worked on and another notification when the bug has been fixed, you have forums with a literal "ask the devs" section where devs often react to the most discussed topics, there are streamed videos by the devs about the development process...you simply SEE what is going on in the development and that alone is a good enough reason for me to stick with SC. And you get all this for a one-time payment for one of the ships where the cheapest payment is roughly $50 (and you can buy any other ship later on for in-game money) while Elite costs you 25€ for the basic game and another 35€ for the Odyssey.

Sorry, didn't mean to be fan-girling SC in here but it is really how I feel about it now. I may return to Elite if I see some significant change in the future but currently I really don't see a reason to go back to Elite. Now, let's read all the "Goodbye then." posts :D
You're perfectly right. The only reason why I stick to ED is because, well, size matters... And I find it nice to have a whole galaxy to get freely lost in. But that feeling won't last... To me, SC is already better, as an alpha, in many aspects.

Wasted effort. FD are aware of our desires, so bumping the thread won't help. You could post every day if you wanted. All that would likely happen is mods will slap you for bumping threads needlessly.
Then let them slap me. I don't care. I'm not asking for a promise : I'm only asking for an answer... And I deserve one ; being ignored is the worst slap we'll ever get.

Ah, i see.

I apologize your highness.
I bought the game in 2015. Then I paid for Horizons (when they later gave that season pass away for free, all I got was a silly paint job). However, I gave them my money again for Odyssey...
I'm not saying I'm special, but we've been requesting that feature for years ; so do you really find it pretentious to think the least they can do is show some respect to their customers and answer ?

I bought the game in 2015. Then I paid for Horizons (when they later gave that season pass away for free, all I got was a silly paint job). However, I gave them my money again for Odyssey...
I'm not saying I'm special, but we've been requesting that feature for years ; so do you really find it pretentious to think the least they can do is show some respect to their customers and answer ?

I bought the game before release and have LTE. I'm also not special.

I also would like an answer, but maybe FD don't have an answer to give on this topic at the moment. I don't demand FD answer it though.

This is not the first thread on the topic. It won't be the last. And if FD gave a response of "Not in the plans for the moment" it wouldn't stop the requests.

And in a few months, there would be another thread, and once again, possibly someone like your good self would be demanding FD give an answer and that FD respect them.

Then I'll keep bumping... And except cockpit NPCs or ship interiors, there's no possible game content that could make me give them more money. If that's just me, it won't matter to them, but if we are many...

Then I'll keep bumping... And except cockpit NPCs or ship interiors, there's no possible game content that could make me give them more money. If that's just me, it won't matter to them, but if we are many...

There are many of us. I dare say if there was a poll asking people if they wanted to see NPCs in their cockpits you'd get a very high number saying yes.

There again, if you did a poll asking people if they wanted to see many other features you'd get a lot of people saying yes.

Because players always want more.

It doesn't mean FD can do it all or have plans for it in the nearest future or even the long term future. I'm sure a lot falls under their heading of "Yeah, we'd like to do that one day"

If you want a game where the devs will promise you everything, go play Star Citizen. Its not like you even need to ask. They already promised just about every single idea backers could come up with via over 1000 things CR said yes to on 10 for the Chairman.

Backer: "Will there be..."

Chris: "Yes"

Backer: "But i didn't even say what..."

Chris: "I said yes!"

The thing is you payed for a game and they gave you the game. I think nowhere during the purchase it was said that you pay for "the right to have answers to development questions" or any such thing and so they are not obliged to give you any answers. It would show some good manners and good will on their side but let's be real, companies don't care about manners and a good will, only profits. And since you paid them for Elite, Horizons and now also Odyssey, you gave them what they wanted from you and are under no pressure to give you anything else than what you already have, even if it requires near zero effort on their side.

The only thing you can do is stop playing, and in the future not buy another expansion. If enough people do this, it might (and it is a REALLY big "maybe") lead to FDev noticing a drop in player base and consequently in their profits, which might (again "big maybe") lead to them trying to find out what's happened, perhaps through some questionaire/survey and if the survey has a question "Why have you stopped playing Elite?" you could tell them your reasons and then they might (again big maybe) start doing something if it shows that the majority of people stopped because "Devs don't address the issues community asks for".

I know how you feel, I think I felt the same but your stance would only have a chance to change something if they cared about your opinion but they don't and so you won't get any answer no matter how persistant you'll be. The sooner you accept it, the sooner you can stop wasting your time and move on to something else.

The only thing you can do is stop playing, and in the future not buy another expansion. If enough people do this, it might (and it is a REALLY big "maybe") lead to FDev noticing a drop in player base and consequently in their profits, which might (again "big maybe") lead to them trying to find out what's happened, perhaps through some questionaire/survey and if the survey has a question "Why have you stopped playing Elite?" you could tell them your reasons and then they might (again big maybe) start doing something if it shows that the majority of people stopped because "Devs don't address the issues community asks for".
The video game market, with the current trend of buy-ins, early-access, online and continuously-updated content and associated micro-transactions, has largely shifted from a product-based industry to a service-based one. Customer dissatisfaction impacts both retention and loyalty, so if you're business model is to attempt to recover customers post-departure, I feel you're going to have more difficult time recovering those losses since you'll likely have to both amend your errors and dangle a new carrot. But maybe snatch-and-grab is a better business model approach: there's a sucker born every minute...well, at 7.9 billion of us, that number is likely a bit higher.

No, I'm not letting this request drown into the ocean of unanswered threads...
It's fairly binary: No or Yes (with the qualifier of no promises when but we're aware that players want this) - tho' I'm guessing the answer is an unqualified No because Fdev don't like to use that word and prefer weaselly words like 'Not at launch, it's being discussed internally, it's not on the current roadmap, soonTM etc...'

It's fairly binary: No or Yes (with the qualifier of no promises when but we're aware that players want this) - tho' I'm guessing the answer is an unqualified No because Fdev don't like to use that word and prefer weaselly words like 'Not at launch, it's being discussed internally, it's not on the current roadmap, soonTM etc...'
As binary as it is, we're still waiting for an answer (since 2015, which is a long time for two or, preferably, three letters).

What's really strange is that if you jump into the SLF, your NPC crew will be visually represented sitting at the helm. The same helm that you are still physically sitting in yourself.
While there are many great things with Elite, the fact that any NPC you have on your ship isn't automatically assigned a seat is a lazy implementation of the feature; not to mention bad for immersion. And as already been pointed out: it has been years...

Top Bottom