Asteroids keep disappeading and popping up.

Hello everyone,

Since it seems to be currently not possible to comment or confirm issues in the issues tracker due to an error, i see this as the next best option to ask FDev about the visual glitch reported on https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/1652 for about a month ago (Not my Issue and not my video). It is not possible to play in RES like this. Was this already brought up?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Only a short comment/idea: I have seen something similar in other games, notably Fallout 4. If you turn your head and look 'sideways' at objects, it is earlier visible. What I mean is, that objects in your direct line of sights appear later, if you turn your head a bit (as you are looking around in the short video above) objects not directly before your suddenly can be seen.

This effect is connected to the 'maximum view distance'. Usually you should see all objects in for example Fallout 4, the world is actually not that big, but the objects far away would be very small, not much more that a dot on your screen, but would need a lot of calculating. Therefore most games set an -often variable and configurable - maximum view distance.

ED has this too. There is a slider under graphic options. You could try to move this slider a bit, maybe your view distance is configured very short. Try to set it to maximum distance. I have set it to maximum and have never seen this effect. If your graphic card cannot handle maximum, at least try to set it a bit higher.

It doesnt matter how you configure the engine or your system specs, the asteroids will still pop in and/or sometimes flicker/disappear. Its been this way for years.

It doesnt matter how you configure the engine or your system specs, the asteroids will still pop in and/or sometimes flicker/disappear. Its been this way for years.

While I've certainly encountered the odd visual glitch, I have never seen anything like what was demonstrated in that video.

Top Bottom