Astroid Discovery Messages

I honk a system and it starts the process of telling me "you discovered asteroid cluster #1", "you discovered asteroid cluster #2", "you discovered asteroid cluster #3" ad naseum. I've had systems where I was jumping to the next system and it was still listing the thirty some odd clusters! Thing is, asteroid clusters don't make any money for an explorer at the Universal Cartographic offices. Odds are, those asteroid clusters we just discovered are so far from the bubble that no miner in their right mind would want to go there! I suggest either, do away with those messages all together OR at least change it to a single message of "you discoverd X number of clusters". Thank you in advance for considering my suggestion!

I would like if we had a section in options for all of the Covis annoucements where we could toggle them off and on as we desire. Even ones as basic as "cargo scoop" deployed get annoying....I deployed it, thanks...I know it's deployed.

Good suggestion OP! Alternatively, do not display 'discovered' messages for body types in your Nav Panel's ignore list.

As an aside, the frustrating thing about these messages is that they prevent the FSS from displaying the body type of the current body while they are on screen.

I do think there should be some kind of payout for these, but agree that message spam needs to be addressed.

I'm at Sag A* right now, for the last few days I've been having a weird issue where using the FSS on a body puts me into a chat channel for that body. I didn't even know planets/moons, etc. HAD their own comms channels...

Yeah, it should be listed per belt not per cluster, and discovery notifications should never obscure other info like planet types and Codex popups, like they currently do.

I've visited an asteroid cluster once...so I'm going to show my ignorance here:

Why go to asteroid clusters? The impression I have is that mining in belts - which you can scan for hotspots - is always better. There aren't any missions that direct you to asteroid clusters, that I'm aware of anyway, and the one time I visited...nothing was there. No pirates, no patrols, no miners, nada.

So...I get the physics/realism reason clusters exist.
But why go to them?

+1 to clusters either being listed collectively as a single belt for that star/planet or not being 'discoverable' at all and just automatically populated into system map on arrival.

Adding a feature reason for them might be a good idea, too...and if it exists, adding some path for folks like me finding said feature.

I've visited an asteroid cluster once...so I'm going to show my ignorance here:

Why go to asteroid clusters? The impression I have is that mining in belts - which you can scan for hotspots - is always better. There aren't any missions that direct you to asteroid clusters, that I'm aware of anyway, and the one time I visited...nothing was there. No pirates, no patrols, no miners, nada.

So...I get the physics/realism reason clusters exist.
But why go to them?

+1 to clusters either being listed collectively as a single belt for that star/planet or not being 'discoverable' at all and just automatically populated into system map on arrival.

Adding a feature reason for them might be a good idea, too...and if it exists, adding some path for folks like me finding said feature.
Yes, we need some gameplay elements for these clusters. Maybe pirate base assault missions, or mega-asteroids which are landables and have huge mineral deposits.

Yes. Absolutely. It's infuriating. We should not be bombarded with messages that are completely useless. Nobody out there is getting excited because there's belt cluster 6 as well as belt cluster 5.

Please, FD. It's getting in the way and adding nothing. At the very least, give us the option to turn it off (in the same way that you can filter out things in the nav panel).

Yes, so much yes. Please either add an option to turn those messages off or at least select which ones display.

Top Bottom