Atmospheres missing!

@Bantha

I dropped in on the next atmo (A2b): It looks as if there is no atmosphere, until putting on the SRV lights, then there is a distinct particle effect.
The Brown Dwarf it orbits isn't contributing any light to the body, which may be the issue.
Screenshot_0508.jpg

ETA: Some amazing textures here!
Screenshot_0510.jpg

Thanks Rat Catcher.

Yeah I popped over to A2B myself yesterday and got the same “issue”, just black skies again.

I doubt I’ll be on tonight because I’ve been told by the missus to spend some time with her for once. But I’ll be on tomorrow and will need to find somewhere with a colourful atmosphere to make sure I’m not losing my mind!

I did a little travelling around the region and found some lovely locations, I think I liked this one best:
Screenshot_0518.jpg

ETA: This body has 100% Methane atmosphere, same as the one we visited. The illumination here is provided by a "M" Class star, even though it is a Black Hole primary.

Last edited:
Thanks Rat Catcher I’m gonna have a look round now.

I think It may be that you are far away from the star , even a thick atmosphere will be dark when you are far away from a star , and looking at the video you are far away from it , its still bright enough outside but also the game adjusts brightness levels based on how bright it is outside , so that could be it

I stand corrected aquilla. You nailed it! 👍

Last edited:
Top Bottom