Attack limpets

Kind of just seem like worse SLFs. They should have a role that does more than just deal damage. Maybe a “Targeting Limpet”: If it attaches to your enemy, your gimbals and turrets gain significant accuracy and ignore chaff/ heat sinks as long as the limpet is active
I would be okay with it improving gimbal accuracy but having it ignore things like chaff would be beyond broken. I could see it increasing the auto resolve distance for sensors against a cold or silent running target though.

I would be okay with it improving gimbal accuracy but having it ignore things like chaff would be beyond broken. I could see it increasing the auto resolve distance for sensors against a cold or silent running target though.
Would need some balancing, but I think it’s fair given that:

-You need to install a large cargo rack
-You need to install a controller
-You need to hope the enemy does not shoot your limpet
-Many players and NPCs alike use fixed weapons

Just seems like another source of lag.

Maybe ones that attach and do a dot against armor
Or, and I know that the following are horrible suggestions, limpets that drain fuel, or that attach themselves to the canopy, partially obstructing the view while they crack the glass.

Enter canopy wipers.

They could use the repair drones, but those that throw at enemies, instead of repairing, damage. If the ship is also being shot, let there be a chance it will be destroyed. I think it would be feasible.

I could imagine using a combination of mine launcher and (specifically engineered) collector limpets to deliver mines to enemy :)

Ooh I like that one. You have to evade the mines, kind of like a Thargoid swarm but for CMDers.

More creative weaponry would really liven the game up I think :)

Or this.
1643191266290.png

Top Bottom