Attack on Penal Colony BV 2259 (SRV vs. Thargoid)

Well shucks everyone, thanks for the kind words. Might have to do some more of these.

Well done - did the base defences look to be putting any kind of a dent on the Thargoid - I believe they will go hostile on your own ship if you return to it when active, but wondering if they could "aid" in an attack on the Thargoid ?

On this specific issue a word of warning for anyone attempting to try this for themselves. Once the base defences have been activated they do not discriminate about which ship to fire upon (I'm down one Krait due to this). So once the base turret guns are firing make damn sure you're a long way from the base before landing or recalling your ship.

No idea if the guns made a dent on the Thargoid and yeah, shame they turn on you because having them assist while you bring it down with proper weapons would be super cool.

No! My ship!!! :eek:

xxr8rw9.png

Tune in later to find out what our hero did next.

Last edited:
Was the base under attack or did you just open fire on them because. Assuming the base wasn't under attack, there's any number of reason's they were there. Not knowing their intentions and just assuming the worse, doesn't make for building any kind of repore.

I've encounter on numerious occasions Thargoids. And have never once been fired upon except when entering because I was courious a USS. In which case, it was I who invaded their space.

No! My ship!!! :eek:

Tune in later to find out what our hero did next.

I awake from a hideous dream where my ship has been destroyed by the Thargoid Medusa (following a careless ship recall and subsequent mid-air collision) and in which I've become permanently stranded on the planet destined to spend eternity SRV duelling with this foul adversary.

So ... meanwhile, back in the land of the living, it's daytime and my attempts to get the SRV onto the Medusa's back continue unabated (now using an alternative method of gaining altitude).

Curse you Medusa! I will ride you like donkey if it's the last thing I ever do.

Last edited:
Wow, Thargoids and base turrets exchanging fire, is this a bug or a feature? I understood that the stations are not coded to fight Thargoids, I am confused if this is a glitch or an intended scenario.

But this thread is great story!

Wow, Thargoids and base turrets exchanging fire, is this a bug or a feature? I understood that the stations are not coded to fight Thargoids, I am confused if this is a glitch or an intended scenario.

That was true for 3.0. It seems to be fixed in 3.1.

Oh I'd say this was definitely a feature. It wasn't just roleplay, you really do have to get the base defences back on-line before the guns will start firing (I won't spoil it, it's trivial to do).

Cheers! :D

In this one I get to use the Thargoid like a trampoline.

But the next one (uploading now) is the real money shot. :p

Do I finally get to ride that Thargoid or does he catch me with my pants down? Stay tuned to find out the conclusion to this tale.

Last edited:
So, on Sunday 8th July 3304, after many varied attempts to tackle the Thargoid vessel which continues to threaten Penal Colony BV 2259, I embarked on my final mission to mount the marauding ship and break the beast or die in the attempt.

Ultimately neither of us has proved victorious but I believe we have at the very least developed a certain mutual respect.

Until we meet again ... o7

Last edited:
Top Bottom