Elite Dangerous Attacked by two civilians then gained bounty.

Hello

Just a hour ago i was exploring a random planet to mine resources so i can “calibrate” my hardpoints. All of the sudden 2 civilian ships in a wing appeared and scanned me with the “anything valuable?”. I had about 16,000cr worth of cargo aboard my ship. After their greedy scanning those civilian ships attacked me. so i scanned those two civies to make sure that they are wanted criminals. Nope, clean civies looking for a score. so i tried to run away but then again as the “turian” i decided not to do so. I popped my “heatsinks” and Fired my guns.

200 bounty gainedx2
And murder of two civies resulted me with the 7days of wanted status and bounties on me.

How is this fair?

FYI the planet was in the batz system and it happened at a colony planet. I was nowhere near the outpost or a colony base. I had my “report crime against me” on as i am a C-sec officer(just forget that c-sec thing). I am not pledged to any powerplay faction. i was not wanted nor had any fines.

Am i missing something? Is this normal? Now everytime i jump, NPC bounty hunters with clean status interdict me half the time.
Is this common? I also recorded this incident.

Thx in advance for your advices. Now i am sure i have some more “calibrating” stuff to do on my hardpoints.

I should go.

The question I have is what happens if you have a wanted status when the crime and punishment system changes? If your status carries over when the megacops are unleashed, things could end real bad for you.

I doubt there's much point in reporting this bug when we're so close to the update. You'd probably be better off just suiciding to clear the bounty...

Put your affairs in order, collect outstanding bounties and cartographic data. Climb into a Sidewinder. Go to where you're wanted and wriggle around yelling "Here I am! Come and get me!"

Top Bottom