Attacking Sentinels causes CTD after latest Update!

Took a mission last night to recover 5 structural regulators on a planet surface being guarded by Sentinels.

The first time I entered the perimeter, I grabbed one of the SR's and the Sentinels went active and started firing at me, so I went to the turret and fired back, the game crashed, I forwarded the crash log. Tried a second time in the same manner to fight off the Sentinels, same result, CTD.

Tried a third and forth time just using the gun from the cockpit, CTD both times, I forwarded one of those crash logs also.

Ended up just running in and grabbing the 5 SR's three times and running back to my ship and unloading them to complete the mission!!!

Last night I killed 4 skimmers.
I used my ship as I didn't know what to expect.

One of them I killed by ramming it. ;)

How much more difficult are sentinels?

I've been experiencing this bug too. Of the... 5 times I've encountered skimmers, I've had a ctd 4 times. It always happens when I destroy the last one, in particular when it hits the ground and explodes.

Update: I'm farming up engineering mats after migrating my account to PC from PS4, so I'm planet side a lot lately. I've been continuously testing different ways to attack the skimmers. Nothing works consistently. Just CTD'd using my ship to kill them instead of my SRV. Almost every time I crash, its when the last skimmer hits the ground and explodes. One of the ship attempts resulted in no immediate CTD, but when I tried to deploy my SRV near the battle spot, the game completely locked up to the point I had to restart my PC using Ctrl-Alt-Delete. Couldn't even kill the process with the task manager as trying to go to any other window just gave the black screen of the locked game window.

The one successful ship attempt I had, there was a stinger and 3 skimmers. I pulled them a little ways away from the zone they were protecting, engaging at long range. When I landed and deployed the SRV, I was at least a half kilometer away from the loot.

Last edited:
4 CTD in 6 planet surface missions today. Skimmers were not the common denominator for me, CTD occured right after scanning the data point and starting to scoot. Ofc at which point I was taking fire also.

Hi
I'm having the same issue with every levitable object in bases (sentinels, skimmers, turrets). Got to abandon mission more than once.

I have no problem with the "Guardians", that took the video was everything without any problems, everything works.
The only problem is getting out of the game.

Top Bottom