Community Event / Creation ***Attention Explorers*** GNOSIS Jumps planned THROUGH a permit Lock !

Is this a problem? We don't have to sell the data to the Gnosis but can sell it at any time later (*if there's a later of course and we don't get lost somewhere in the void).

I guess my question is more about tagging systems. If there are enough systems around each jump to where we can get 20ly away from the gnosis to then return and sell the data, tagging then just becomes an early bird brute forcing...and conversely, if we have to wait until the return, is it a mad dash to some family flung Outpost to cash in?

I guess I'm just curious if I'd even have a shot at tagging anything. Although, out here in the XBox universe, I'm sure I'd be lonely. The Gnosis is mostly empty here.

Several CMDRs in Canonn made requests for jumps into this sector, and it was finally agreed with FD. Canonn council decide where the Gnosis goes, not FD (though obviously they can say no). HTH :)

Nicely answering the question I was about to post over whether this has been genuinely ok'd by FD!

So now, rhetorically and in slightly incredulous and surprised tones - has this genuinely been ok'd by FD?! ;)

This sounds pretty cool, finally something permit lock related happening, and pretty interesting location too. Also a bit like a long holiday cruiser voyage where you are stuck for a month, half of the time drinking tea at the Gnosis lounge bar. And they will have tea, that much I remember from the community goal.

How would this work, though? Everyone scans all of the things and then a mad dash to the nearest station to claim tags?

More than likely only a few commanders will manage to snag all of the tags as it will be a race to see how fast you can turn the data in. Since the Gnosis jumps on the server ticks on Thursdays I won't have any chance at all since I'll be at work during said time. However, I can at least explore it for my own sake while the ship is there, even if it's doubtful I'll manage to get any tags due to the competition.

It should still be rather fun at any rate. :cool:

I wonder if Raxxla is in there??? :eek:

This sounds pretty cool, finally something permit lock related happening, and pretty interesting location too. Also a bit like a long holiday cruiser voyage where you are stuck for a month, half of the time drinking tea at the Gnosis lounge bar. And they will have tea, that much I remember from the community goal.

I have at least one ton of Fujin Tea aboard, left over from Tarquin (or is it Kongga Ale I have?) to reassure Cmdrs that tea shouldn't be an issue. (I also happen to have a ton of Hutton Mugs .. plus escape pod, data cache, personal items, my little collection). Anyway I've been on The Gnosis before and the sense that she might leave without you is already palpable, even on a Monday!

Is this permit isolated area what is known as the Rift then? I hope there will be a chance to hear some tall lore stories in The Gnosis bar/canteen! I was aboard anyway - waking up where I will - and didn't know about this trip until now. Count me in though. o7

edit: it's Kongga Ale .. three tuns of !

Last edited:
I have at least one ton of Fujin Tea aboard, left over from Tarquin (or is it Kongga Ale I have?) to reassure Cmdrs that tea shouldn't be an issue. (I also happen to have a ton of Hutton Mugs .. plus escape pod, data cache, personal items, my little collection). Anyway I've been on The Gnosis before and the sense that she might leave without you is already palpable, even on a Monday!

Is this permit isolated area what is known as the Rift then? I hope there will be a chance to hear some tall lore stories in The Gnosis bar/canteen! I was aboard anyway - waking up where I will - and didn't know about this trip until now. Count me in though. o7

edit: it's Kongga Ale .. three tuns of !

You don’t know about the Rift ???
“Edge of the galactic arm. Take a line from Reorte to Riedquat to the edge of the arm and … keep going.’ The woman grimaced. ‘Stars thin out, you can see the whole galaxy just hanging there. I took a fancy to going exploring after I lost …’ she paused, a sadness creeping across her face, ‘… had some time to spare. Quiet for the most part, until …’
‘Until what?’
‘Let’s just say there was some serious out there, stuff you wouldn’t believe. No really – no one believed me, said it was all a fabrication. I had no proof you see and they edited my memory afterwards. Ah, it’ll all come back to bite them one day, it’s all there in the Imperial databanks somewhere - and they thought the Thargoids were trouble …”

Excerpt From
Elite: Reclamation
Drew Wagar
This material may be protected by copyright.

The Cone Sector is about 90degrees to that line, off beyond the Pleiades & the locked Col 70 Sector, (marked on old space navigation charts as “here be Thargoids” :rolleyes:).

Last edited:
More than likely only a few commanders will manage to snag all of the tags as it will be a race to see how fast you can turn the data in. Since the Gnosis jumps on the server ticks on Thursdays I won't have any chance at all since I'll be at work during said time.

What time do these server tics occur? WOuld be useful to know if I should plan an evening session, or wait until the morning after.

Sounds great, count me in o7
I dont think that there is something new to find though but hey, it have some real "hic sunt dracones" feeling, totally love this stuff!

So more preferential treatment?

Sorry but i dont get your problem. Besides the (awesome) destination, there is no restrictions or need to be affiliated with Canonn to join this expedition, they even invite people to join here...
If you mean the "preferential treatment" explorers get in general, well played though :rolleyes:

So more preferential treatment? Well... Looks like I'm hitting the current system for some KoS of exploration spec' ships.

Gnosis could have done this day one the ship was put in game, Canonn / I plot the route based on what our community wants. Fdev generally agree. These jumps are on the Gnosis when you dock as the Itinerary, so Fdev endorsed (Unless they don't realise what we've done ;-) )
All are welcome, even ye olde pirate scum ;-) o7

Deleted member 110222

D
Gnosis could have done this day one the ship was put in game, Canonn / I plot the route based on what our community wants. Fdev generally agree. These jumps are on the Gnosis when you dock as the Itinerary, so Fdev endorsed (Unless they don't realise what we've done ;-) )
All are welcome, even ye olde pirate scum ;-) o7

I disagree that what is seen as a player asset should be granted access to inaccessible space.

Just curious... will most people on board of the Gnosis be in Open, PG or Solo? I usually don't chat while in game but for every rule there's an exception and this, with a lot of exploration mindsets around, could be fun. Could also help to evaluate my theories about limited visibility on closed router ports...

Speaking for myself I'l be in PC Open (same Cmdr name) as per, unless there's a good reason to do otherwise.
(Though I don't recommend using my connection as any kind of router metric, I can promise you it's a disaster).

Top Bottom