Community Event / Creation ***Attention Explorers*** GNOSIS Jumps planned THROUGH a permit Lock !

Neat, when does this start?
I have to be aboard by Aug 15th?
Also, any suspicious looking FdL's spotted?

*Edit* Props to FD and the group setting this up. I haven't logged in for quite a while, and stumbling on this special trip is pretty cool.

Last edited:
Any ideas on what we might find in there?

Thargoid homeworld..
Different bio-mining structures..
Tube worms..

a M class star with dozens of beige golf balls - i mean planets

golf-ball-space-3d-rendering-260nw-611691719.jpg

here's what you could have won;

c9u08h9jvbdy.jpg

Last edited:
I have my experimental 3rd Cmdr in a Sidewinder on board now.
I intend to leave it out there for sometime to report on any mysterious goings on and also redirect any mail.

Edit: Just realised that this Cmdr had enough credits to cobble together a 16Ly Cobra III with an SRV which will be better if I'm leaving it out there.

Last edited:
Attention all explorers

The Gnosis is planning a jump through a permit locked area of space to reach the "CONE Sector"
This is a relativity pristine area of space, and the Gnosis will be on station for 4 weeks ONLY
YOU MUST be aboard and docked within the Gnosis to make the jump. and you MUST be aboard to get out of the Zone!
This is a rare opportunity to scan and bag new Systems and Planets.

Once the Gnosis exits the permit locked system, she will be heading towards "The Rift" for an extended deep space voyage

Aug 2018 System
2nd Week 1 Bifrost
9th Week 2 Merope
16th Week 3 64 Orionis
23rd Week 4 HD 51502
30th Week 5 Outotz ST-I d9-4

Just outside Merope at the moment.

I know it's a silly question but what's the "ganker" situation there?
Or should I not bother asking and just go in there using Solo Mode? :rolleyes:

Just outside Merope at the moment.

I know it's a silly question but what's the "ganker" situation there?
Or should I not bother asking and just go in there using Solo Mode? :rolleyes:

Been flying around a few systems near there in open and didn't see anybody up close until I got to the Gnosis.
Saw picommander was docked and trying to buy tickets to the late show from a tout in the bar :D

I guess my question is more about tagging systems. If there are enough systems around each jump to where we can get 20ly away from the gnosis to then return and sell the data, tagging then just becomes an early bird brute forcing...and conversely, if we have to wait until the return, is it a mad dash to some family flung Outpost to cash in?

I guess I'm just curious if I'd even have a shot at tagging anything. Although, out here in the XBox universe, I'm sure I'd be lonely. The Gnosis is mostly empty here.

you just need to be the first to log in AFTER the next jump, as the gnosis itself will be outside the 20ly zone ;)

Do we have any idea how long before the gnosis is back to the bubble after all these trips? Trying to decide whether I should take a non explorer combat ship along for the ride too..

Oh really! I'd better watch out and less lurking in the forums. ;) Did you saw me outside? Didn't saw any hollow rectangles back then before docking...

I scanned you from the other side of the Gnosis as I was on my landing approach.
Once I was docked I logged off but I've just got back in (Cmdr Neal Smith in a cobbled together 16Ly Cobra III).
I'll also be flying around in another better equipped spikey Cobra III as Cmdr Alice Cooper.

Too bad we only can take one ship at once to the journey, I've parked my 60LY DBX just a few LY away from Merope...

I can see you now, so far we are only 2? And in contacts another commander from about 20 minutes ago.

Looks like someone else has turned up now in a Krait.

This may be a dumb question, but I need to make sure I understand.

When you put a ship on it, are you able to play on your other ships in the human bubble while it jumps out there? Then switch back and forth between the ships as you want? Or are you stuck outside of the bubble for a long time?

Other topic, I've just noticed the next jump destination is 64 Orionis, a system I can easily plot a route to with my meager 30 Ly jump range. Somehow I expected the next jump would already go into uncharted terrain. Looks like I was wrong then?

It's my understanding that as long as you are aboard by the time the Gnosis leaves Outotz ST-I d9-4, you're good to go.

Some of the Cone Sector systems have already been explored, as the surrounding permit regions were not locked away until 2.1. So if you get there and see any tagged systems, it need not be because someone logged in before you on the day the Gnosis arrived.
I don't think there are any neutron stars in the Cone Sector to try and get out without the Gnosis but if they were secondary stars they wouldn't show on the Galaxy Map unless you've been there already. The nearest neutron star on the outside is too far away to try and get in, even with Guardian tech boosting your range (so far as I know, the above limitation also applies).

you just need to be the first to log in AFTER the next jump, as the gnosis itself will be outside the 20ly zone ;)

Ahhhhh....that's it then. Well, no way this Yank is going to get anything tagged. Might go along just for the fun. Will be neat to be in a part of the galaxy no one else can get to.

Ahhhhh....that's it then. Well, no way this Yank is going to get anything tagged. Might go along just for the fun. Will be neat to be in a part of the galaxy no one else can get to.
That's what I'm thinking too. A trip to go where I couldn't go to otherwise. 1st discovered will most likely be out of reach.

Top Bottom