Community Event / Creation ***Attention Explorers*** GNOSIS Jumps planned THROUGH a permit Lock !

Attention all explorers

The Gnosis is planning a jump through a permit locked area of space to reach the "CONE Sector"
This is a relativity pristine area of space, and the Gnosis will be on station for 4 weeks ONLY
YOU MUST be aboard and docked within the Gnosis to make the jump. and you MUST be aboard to get out of the Zone!
This is a rare opportunity to scan and bag new Systems and Planets.

Once the Gnosis exits the permit locked system, she will be heading towards "The Rift" for an extended deep space voyage

Aug 2018 System
2nd Week 1 Bifrost
9th Week 2 Merope
16th Week 3 64 Orionis
23rd Week 4 HD 51502
30th Week 5 Outotz ST-I d9-4

Sept 2018 System
6th Week 1 Cone Sector FN-J B9-0
13th Week 2 Cone Sector FN-J B9-0
20th Week 3 Cone Sector FN-J B9-0
27th Week 4 Cone Sector FN-J B9-0

Fly Safe Commanders o7

Last edited:
Let's start the sweepstake on how many get left behind in the permit locked area ;)

Edit: Gnosis dates are when it jumps into a system

o7

Last edited:
But how would this work? I mean, it looks like the Gnosis is jumping into one permit locked system, so anyone brought along for the ride will only be able to explore this one system, correct? All surrounding systems will still be locked and impossible to jump into.

Still, it will be nice to see what this one system looks like. Watch it just have a single star in it, LOL.

But how would this work? I mean, it looks like the Gnosis is jumping into one permit locked system, so anyone brought along for the ride will only be able to explore this one system, correct? All surrounding systems will still be locked and impossible to jump into.

Still, it will be nice to see what this one system looks like. Watch it just have a single star in it, LOL.

Where do you get that from? Galmap shows multiple unlocked systems.

Edit: The Gnosis isn't jumping to a permit locked system - it's jumping to an area surrounded by permit locked areas. You know - the one everyone complains about having to jump around. it's hollow....

Where do you get that from? Galmap shows multiple unlocked systems.

Edit: The Gnosis isn't jumping to a permit locked system - it's jumping to an area surrounded by permit locked areas. You know - the one everyone complains about having to jump around. it's hollow....

Woah, I never realized there were unlocked systems inside the permit region, I thought the entire "permit bubble" was locked up! :eek:

I think I'll be logging in to Elite tonight.....

Whose idea was this, and does anyone suppose this is anything other than just a treat from FDev? In short, where on a sliding scale is this trip, between "it's just to go somewhere previously inaccessible" and "the Thargoid megacities are here"?

Whose idea was this, and does anyone suppose this is anything other than just a treat from FDev? In short, where on a sliding scale is this trip, between "it's just to go somewhere previously inaccessible" and "the Thargoid megacities are here"?

Several CMDRs in Canonn made requests for jumps into this sector, and it was finally agreed with FD. Canonn council decide where the Gnosis goes, not FD (though obviously they can say no). HTH :)

What happens if I lose my ship out there?
Where do I respawned?

Good question ;) Might be worth dying on the outside and confirming you respawn on the gnosis - or maybe ... don't die :)

And why is this happening?

Canonn like to explore, and we heard rumours of exotic biscuits in the Cone nebula. Also Canonn have the only ship at the moment that can jump the required 500 Ly. Gotta get this done before the next Guardian modules come out, or probably a 'conda will be able to out-jump her :D

Deleted member 110222

D
Good question ;) Might be worth dying on the outside and confirming you respawn on the gnosis - or maybe ... don't die :)

Canonn like to explore, and we heard rumours of exotic biscuits in the Cone nebula. Also Canonn have the only ship at the moment that can jump the required 500 Ly. Gotta get this done before the next Guardian modules come out, or probably a 'conda will be able to out-jump her :D

So more preferential treatment? Well... Looks like I'm hitting the current system for some KoS of exploration spec' ships.

Hmm...in Colonia at the moment. How would this work, though? Everyone scans all of the things and then a mad dash to the nearest station to claim tags?

Top Bottom