Community Event / Creation ***Attention Explorers*** GNOSIS Jumps planned THROUGH a permit Lock !

All right, speculation time.

Watch the skies could mean:
- There's gonna be something in the skies. Thargoids. Guardians. Both. Others. All of them. Big ship(s). Big station(s). Something unusual.
- The skies themselves are gonna be treacherous. Gnosis stranded à la Jaques.

And now the wild speculation:
- There are gonna be skies. On planets.
- The skies aren't gonna be what they should. We're gonna spawn in an unknown/unexpected place. Like, far above/below the galactic plane (empty skies). Or, crazier, in Andromeda.
- We're gonna find some nearby places to high-wake to but something will happen while in witchspace's "skies".

In any case, before the big jump, i'm totally:
- Unlocking getting all the AX weaponry i can (and a Lance)
- Putting a few Thargoid and Guardian objects in my cargo hold
- Piling up on rebuy money
- Summoning everything on board before the jump, just in case we're effectively cut off from the rest of the galaxy
- Buying a few empty canisters for biowaste

Bummer, just spent the last week outfitting, engineering, and doing guardians runs to get this little guy suited to exploring, this is my first time really leaving the bubble. Looking like we may all end up stuck in the one system together or find potential new content there after the update that our explorers aren't really suited for!

This is currently the furthest I've been outside the bubble, this little trooper can now do 40LY a pop. If we survive this trek we'll be headed for SagA next.
43u9CcA.jpg

The first interesting exploration content of the entire year....and Fdev nerfs it before it even happens?

Typical.

Although Wills post may indicate they are planning something. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be ruined.

Is there a list of all commanders going? Are there any plans to organise exploration of this sector? Thanks.

Theres a delegation of us from The Fatherhood coming along with a good mix of explorer and support capacity (and some combat flexibility). We'd be happy to interact and coordinate activity with others. I've asked on the Canonn discord and thus far there does not seem to be any central coordination happening, at least in the open.

I'll just leave this here...

Thanks Ozric (and Will)!

Ok, so it seems the permit lock is on purpose.
Since I dont think/hope FD will let us strand there in a single System this could turn out quite interesting, feels even more "into the unknown" than expected so far ^^

Last edited:
The first interesting exploration content of the entire year....and Fdev nerfs it before it even happens?

Typical.

Although Wills post may indicate they are planning something. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be ruined.

Always look on the bright side eh Mengy?

This wouldn't be the first time FDev have created a piece of Lore due to player actions. Remember Jaques jump to Beagle Point. Jmanis UA bombed Jaques and now we have Colonia.

I foresee lots more CMDR's hitching a lift once Wills post hits the public domain. The Gnosis is going to need a trailer!

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
All right, speculation time.

Love it! Especially the last bit about empty canisters :D I have a feeling it's just a reference to any and all UFO flicks though.

Bummer, just spent the last week outfitting, engineering, and doing guardians runs to get this little guy suited to exploring, this is my first time really leaving the bubble. Looking like we may all end up stuck in the one system together or find potential new content there after the update that our explorers aren't really suited for!

This is currently the furthest I've been outside the bubble, this little trooper can now do 40LY a pop. If we survive this trek we'll be headed for SagA next.

I doubt we'll be stuck in one system, and there's nothing to say that the content won't be suitable for explorers. There's nothing to say you have to be armed to the teeth, I'm not going to be, I'm going in Isil (my Asp Explorer). She's carried a pair of Burst Lasers since my first trip in her out to the Crab Nebula at the start of 3301, but they're really not going to be much use against anything these days. I only took them because we used to have very other enthusiastic NPCs back then that would hunt you to the ends of the galaxy.

I hope you enjoy your trip to Sag A* afterwards :)

Typical.

Nerfs it..? How do you even know... Oh wait, OK fine.

Was there actually any point in posting that?

Always look on the bright side eh Mengy?

As an explorer in Elite Dangerous, I’ve been beat down so often that it’s now just a hope preserving reflex action!

We’ll know in two weeks if Fdev is planning something interesting here, or if they are willfully killing emergent exploration content. Either way Frontier is definitely doing something on purpose here regarding the Gnosis trip.

While we're at it - has anyone recently (i.e. after the update) tried to plot a course to Outotz ST-I d9-4, i.e. tomorrow's waypoint? Starting from Fullerene C60, the plot worked perfectly on Monday, but I couldn't get it to complete yesterday, almost immediate plotting failure. Other Outotz systems were reachable, so I just laid in a course to the general neighbourhood, hoping to detail it once I get there and making a more relaxed journey during the weekend.

But with all this talk about moving permits - is the Outotz waypoint actually still reachable with a moderate (just short of 40 ly) jump range, or would I have to jonk to HD 51502 today?

While we're at it - has anyone recently (i.e. after the update) tried to plot a course to Outotz ST-I d9-4, i.e. tomorrow's waypoint? Starting from Fullerene C60, the plot worked perfectly on Monday, but I couldn't get it to complete yesterday, almost immediate plotting failure. Other Outotz systems were reachable, so I just laid in a course to the general neighbourhood, hoping to detail it once I get there and making a more relaxed journey during the weekend.

But with all this talk about moving permits - is the Outotz waypoint actually still reachable with a moderate (just short of 40 ly) jump range, or would I have to jonk to HD 51502 today?

i am going there right now.
so i think you can go to outotz when you like it within a week.

o7

To be honest my first thought was also something like "what the hell, they are joking right?/Ah its just bug i guess".
Thinking about it im way more optimistic (while still a bit sceptical) now. Also loving this tinfoil hattery, reminds me of good ol Threadnaught days ^^

Hmmm, plotting to Outotz ST-I d9-4 also gave me an instant failure, tried a random System around (Outotz ST-I d9-4) and it worked without a problem. Shouldnt be a problem so

Last edited:

It's just let me plot a route in a 28Ly Python.

Currently the CONE sector is locked after the update.

The picture shows the GNOSIS target system.
Other systems, which I have marked as a destination as a precautionary measure, are also locked and now require an unknown permission.

Does anyone have any idea if this is still being fixed?

Does CANON or GNOSIS perhaps have a permit, and if so, what about the players taking the leap?

https://uploadix.de/image/9G6

Other systems, which I have marked as a destination as a precautionary measure, are also locked and now require an unknown permission.

Does CANON or GNOSIS perhaps have a permit, and if so, what about the players taking the leap?

See post #706
Will replied on another thread.

https://uploadix.de/image/9G6

Message from FDev...

Will Flannagan said:
Hello folks,

All I'll say is that the Gnosis' jump to the cone region is still planned and hasn't changed because of the presence of permit locks.

Watch the skies.

Top Bottom