Attraction Catalog Layout

Hi all,

I just want to say that I'm really happy with what I am seeing from all the dev diaries and timelaps-videos. It's all looking very promising and I am really excited for the game. I had just this one little critical point from the attraction catalog (the screen where you select the coaster or ride you want to build), seen in the last timelaps video:

i2TqItD.png

I really don't like this sort of menu for the rides, because it makes them look cheap. I didn't like it in RCT3 and I really don't like how RCTW has done this simular style too. I think it's fine for the scenery items and buildings, because you've got lots of peaces and it's nice as an overview. But for the rides and coaster I would really hope to see something simular as in RCT1 & RCT2:

QydgTdD.png

A separate window with nice pictures from all the rides would be way more charming by picking the attraction that you're gonna build next. This is what the first RCT games have done right and it would do the rides way more justice than the blank style that is used now.

I know that this is just a small point, but it's something that makes a game way more finished in my opinion. Maybe you guys from Planet Coaster had allready planned something like this or were gonna change the interface a little more, but maybe this could be helpful.

Thanks for reading and keep up the good work!

I do not mind the bottom row atually as it takes less space of the window. But this is of course provided that the rides and objects have good categories so you do not have to scroll through millions of objects.

I like the position like in the picture from the dev video where you can chose from the bottom. But I would like to see to change the attraction or any object menu independent from the main menu. Where I want, left, right. Maybe a snapping system to snap object menus to the right of the screen

I think the UI is just a "WIP placeholder" for now. I dont think this is the final UI ...

In this kind of game, we quickly have a laaaaaarge number of content (between official content, and modders content, it goes very fast) so ... how content is stored, classified and easily accessible, is probably the most important of the "UI / UX" aspect.

This is probably temporary [yesnod]

I agree.
I'm hoping they'll categorize the flat rides from Junior, thrilling, etc. Having to search for certain rides would be very time consuming if they're all placed into one tab.

Last edited:
I agree.
I'm hoping they'll categorize the flat rides from Junior, thrilling, etc. Having to search for certain rides would be very time consuming if they're all placed into one tab.

+ 1 for this - Categories are important, makes it easier to find things.

The ability to create our own tabs, naming them, and placing objects inside could be very useful (especially for "pieces of buildings", because we risk to have thousands, very quickly, with the community)

The search tool is also essential

The ability to create our own tabs, naming them, and placing objects inside could be very useful (especially for "pieces of buildings", because we risk to have thousands, very quickly, with the community)

The search tool is also essential
You are right. It happened with Cities skylines. There were so much custom scenery so you coudn't find them back

Top Bottom