Augmentation of previous packs

IMO, quite a few packs were malnourished when they came out and with the SEA Animal Pack, they look like they qualify for international aid from the UN.

This is mostly based on the "THE ____ DLC IS TRASH! Let's Fix It!" series by Leaf Productions

For the sake of this, I'm including anything that comes with the promise of extra animals, meaning that the Deluxe Edition is included

For the Deluxe Edition and the SEA pack, I decided to increase the number of each to 10 as it's a nice round number

Deluxe Edition
Axis deer
Amur leopard
Black rhinoceros
Coquerel's sifaka
Hanuman langur
Przewalski's horse
Red crowned crane

Arctic Pack
Musk ox
Walrus

South America Pack
Capybara
Maned wolf
Spectacled bear
Ocelot

Australia Pack
Common wombat
Emu
Frilled lizard
Platypus
Red-necked wallaby
Tasmanian devil

Aquatic Pack
Green anaconda
Japanese giant salamander

Southeast Asia Animal Pack
Gaur
Siamang

Africa Pack
Dromedary camel
Egyptian cobra
Hamadryas baboon
Scimitar oryx

Last edited:
Who is Leaf Productions and why do people act like the opinion of a youtuber is so important.

I agree with ElectricMonk, more is better, but value of current packs has been good so far.
He's a modder, who started a Youtube channel. And no one said anything about him, other than OP mentioning this was inspired by a separate series of videos he's made (of which the titles are completely facetious). Calm down.

He's a modder, who started a Youtube channel. And no one said anything about him, other than OP mentioning this was inspired by a separate series of videos he's made (of which the titles are completely facetious). Calm down.
I am calm.

It wasnt towards the poster or Op specifically.
I just think the video title (series) mentioned is nonsense. None of the DLC's are trash IMO. Not perfect either.

The additions mentioned by tigris are good. Nothing against that.

Last edited:
Who is Leaf Productions and why do people act like the opinion of a youtuber is so important.

I agree with ElectricMonk, more is better, but value of current packs has been good so far.

He is someone very passionate about the game, that has been dedicating his free time to elevate the quality and quantity of the animal roster. A super nice guy actually, definitely not a youtuber (Jake Paul and Logan Paul have forever destroyed that label, lol) I would say he is a very valuable PZ community member, that of course is subjective to whether the player uses mods or not. But he is definitely a very likely chap.

I am calm.

It wasnt towards the poster or Op specifically.
I just think the video title (series) mentioned is nonsense. None of the DLC's are trash IMO. Not perfect either.

The additions mentioned by tigris are good. Nothing against that.
I wasn't saying that the packs are trash. Even Leaf disclaims that the title is pure hyperbole for humor

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Hyperbole for humor and because titles like that get more views or clicks. I gloss over such dramatic tones, because it seems that's a go to for our society through social media more and more. Do I think the packs would greatly benefit - and us the players benefit is more to the point - by expanding with another couple of animals each? Absolutely. But I don't think the packs are not worth what I paid for them. but if Frontier wanted to augment them, I would be ecstatic. As of yesterday the capybara is now the #1 most requested animal on the meta-list. Maybe it alone is the main animal I'm looking at for an example of "This should not have been excluded from the pack" as far as what we have, though there's some switches I'd make for species cough*Giant to Small clawed otter*cough - but that's a one - one switch.

it's me baby! my opinions arent important whatsoever, but i like to have fun with them :)

i personally think that the packs should be just a smidge bigger and expand on already existing systems within the game. one of the things that i always bring up is transportation and rides and how they're always overlooked. as well as any other of the features that get introduced. i wish we could get alternative styles for some of the transportation, like different styles of trains or different styles of boats. i also believe we should get incremental updates on the "planet zoo" scenery theme. i'm tired of the fact that the only planet zoo benches and picnic tables we have are bright orange. i'm fine with the thematic additions that we get via the packs but i really wish we had more versatile pieces too.

i'd love to shell over more money over to frontier if they considered doing bigger packs that expanded on so much more than the same cookiecutter "thematic scenery, four animals, etc".

i'm all for frontier to play it more experimental with their releases. animal packs don't really count towards that because it's the same as the ride packs imo.

also cheers tigris for advertising me <3 all my videos are in good fun and just me spitting out my wishful thinking. just a long time zoo sim fan who wants the best for the series

it's me baby! my opinions arent important whatsoever, but i like to have fun with them :)

i personally think that the packs should be just a smidge bigger and expand on already existing systems within the game. one of the things that i always bring up is transportation and rides and how they're always overlooked. as well as any other of the features that get introduced. i wish we could get alternative styles for some of the transportation, like different styles of trains or different styles of boats. i also believe we should get incremental updates on the "planet zoo" scenery theme. i'm tired of the fact that the only planet zoo benches and picnic tables we have are bright orange. i'm fine with the thematic additions that we get via the packs but i really wish we had more versatile pieces too.

i'd love to shell over more money over to frontier if they considered doing bigger packs that expanded on so much more than the same cookiecutter "thematic scenery, four animals, etc".

i'm all for frontier to play it more experimental with their releases. animal packs don't really count towards that because it's the same as the ride packs imo.

also cheers tigris for advertising me <3 all my videos are in good fun and just me spitting out my wishful thinking. just a long time zoo sim fan who wants the best for the series
I'm sorry if I came over as offensive. Im not into YT that much regarding PZ gameplay or other games.

I think not seeing the video and its content and thus like other members say not knowing the fact its meant in a funny way made me a bit to judgemental too fast.

@Leaf Productions Thanks for explaining that out a bit. I do definitely agree. I also hope there was no offense taken at calling the phrasing of the video as hyperbole or for clicks. While I stand by that being true, it's just how things are these days. There's so many videos and gamer streams out there, people have to have a way to stand out. My saying that definitely wasn't meant to be insulting, just more stating it's how it is.

Kudos for doing the video, it takes more effort to do than many realize and it's appreciated by this community.

Leaf, you know how much I care for you, love you, your work, your content and especially overall what a nice guy and kind and supportive member of the community you are. Even to people like me, who don't create content. Your kind and supportive manner is actually what the community SHOULD be and I honestly bow down to your calm and polite reaction to a rude, entitled and uncalled for comment on your content. If I remember correctly I'm much older as you and I still have to get where you are with your way of handeling situations like this.

There is one thing though, where I have to contradict you! Your opinion on packs DOES matter. Not because you are a YouTuber, not because your content is funny, honest and successful. But because you say, what a very good portion of the community thinks. Because you truly care for Planet Zoo and won't easily transfer to another game when the active support of the game is over. You are one of the few that don't "like themeparks more" and repeatitly say that zoos aren't that fun. You love this game and want it to thrive and be even better and you call Frontier respectfully out on their work where it simply has to be done, to ensure we will be (keep on) getting good quality or even better quality. People who give constructive critisism on the game, the way Frontier handles it and the packs presented are, what will bring Planet Zoo forward. Because only then a good game can even be better.

To all those who don't know Leaf and his work yet: You are missing out and I highly recommend you watch his videos and interact with him in a friendly way. You won't only get good content, but also find someone who is a genuinly awesome, fun person. Yes, I would call him a friend.

@tigris115 I'm sorry, I had to get this off my chest here and I promise to come back to answer to your thread with my ideas of improved packs. Are we only allowed animals or could be, like Leaf, also add additional content or even feature ideas?

Leaf, you know how much I care for you, love you, your work, your content and especially overall what a nice guy and kind and supportive member of the community you are. Even to people like me, who don't create content. Your kind and supportive manner is actually what the community SHOULD be and I honestly bow down to your calm and polite reaction to a rude, entitled and uncalled for comment on your content. If I remember correctly I'm much older as you and I still have to get where you are with your way of handeling situations like this.

There is one thing though, where I have to contradict you! Your opinion on packs DOES matter. Not because you are a YouTuber, not because your content is funny, honest and successful. But because you say, what a very good portion of the community thinks. Because you truly care for Planet Zoo and won't easily transfer to another game when the active support of the game is over. You are one of the few that don't "like themeparks more" and repeatitly say that zoos aren't that fun. You love this game and want it to thrive and be even better and you call Frontier respectfully out on their work where it simply has to be done, to ensure we will be (keep on) getting good quality or even better quality. People who give constructive critisism on the game, the way Frontier handles it and the packs presented are, what will bring Planet Zoo forward. Because only then a good game can even be better.

To all those who don't know Leaf and his work yet: You are missing out and I highly recommend you watch his videos and interact with him in a friendly way. You won't only get good content, but also find someone who is a genuinly awesome, fun person. Yes, I would call him a friend.

@tigris115 I'm sorry, I had to get this off my chest here and I promise to come back to answer to your thread with my ideas of improved packs. Are we only allowed animals or could be, like Leaf, also add additional content or even feature ideas?
You flatter me too much Linda, danke mein frond! 💕 And yes, I think we should look beyond the benefits of animals in and game, and hope that Frontier will look to really shake things up in the future! Hell I remember back in the Skyrim days the Hearthfire DLC was just a house building simulator, but it was my favorite one! Nobody asked for it but it was innovative. that’s the passion i miss from the industry.

I think a couple of extra key species for each pack would really go a long way, but that is something we all already know. So I would like to present another area that I think could benefit from a little TLC. Foliage, not every pack is going to need it in the same way, even though anyone can make a case, that foliage is something that will always be needed in the game and no player can ever have enough.

For the Arctic pack, I think that while adding foliage to it might not have been critical or even relevant, it definitely should have been a lot more zoo oriented instead of whatever the scenery was. Adding a theme like the Hannover Zoo's Yukon territory to it would have been just pure gold. If anything, it would have complemented the aquatic pack that released the following December, and that is something that is really missing in this game by the way, packs that complement each other and built on each other.

Definitely would have added more foliage to the South American pack, besides a couple of more animals like the Howler Monkey and Sloth I think this would have made a very significant difference. The pack even though representing South America was advertised as one big tropical forest, so why not provide a variety of additional small plants, medium and large palms and trees that we could have used to recreate those environments?

Even the amazing fig roots section added with the free update, should have benefited from a companion set in the DLC that further explored their versatility. Aerial roots, branches and tree trunk sections should have been added creating endless possibilities and in line with what you will find in zoos.

The Australian Pack provided a very good selection of foliage, both small plants like grasses that were desperately needed and large trees, but should also had been explored further, so much variety in this region and so versatile for landscape design. Two animals that could have immediately changed the reception of this pack would have been the Tasmanian Devil and Wombat/Tree Kangaroo, heck even the Rhea seemed like a popular choice with many. I would have loved a Platypus myself, but at that time aquatic animals were not in the radar of what was possible.

The Aquatic Pack had a mixture of plants, and little more of it could have gone further. However the biggest hole I see with the scenery in this pack, is the concrete rock set, it should have been a lot bigger, with a large variety of pieces. Some of the concrete rocks were were stylized making it difficult for them to look good when many of the same rock piece are being used in the same area, a few smoother pieces would have gone a long way. Besides this a Capybara and Manatee/Sea lion? would have been fantastic additions.

The SEA pack was beautifully done, and finally listened to the clamoring of players for more animal species. It does seem that when Frontier listens with one ear, they somehow manage to cover the other entirely, not an ideal situation. We needed more animals not for every single piece of scenery and props to go away. Eight months between scenery is way too long, especially with everything that we still need.

I might have mentioned this already in the last 1000 posts about it, but slightly bigger packs at a slightly bigger cost would make all the difference in the world.

7 habitat animals + 2 exhibit animals and 150 to 200 scenery pieces at 14.99 would be awesome. Everyone wins Frontier gets an increase in revenue, and the players get a bigger amount of content. There will always be those who are unhappy, but such is life, you can not please everyone, but this is definitely as good a step as the company can take to get there.

As a side comment and unrelated to the thread, forgive me Tigris115 I need it to say it. Leaf Productions, that Kirk's Dik-dik is absolutely fantastic, outstanding work. If that animal was an official Frontier offering it would be considered one of their best models, incredible amount of detail you captured in the texture.

I'm quite familiar with this animal, I once sculpted a whole group of them on an African Kopje, and I had to research them for weeks, so happy that they have found their way to the game. Very appreciative of you Leaf Productions, thank you again. Hopefully the day we receive meerkats something like a rock hyrax is possible.

Necromancing this thread to say that at least 2 or 3 of these animals should be in the deluxe edition as that's 12 dollars with just some music I can find on Spotify.

Also, the deluxe edition is never included in Steam sales which I find quite scummy since again, 12 dollars for just 3 animals that are pretty similar to the base game species.

Necromancing this thread to say that at least 2 or 3 of these animals should be in the deluxe edition as that's 12 dollars with just some music I can find on Spotify.

Also, the deluxe edition is never included in Steam sales which I find quite scummy since again, 12 dollars for just 3 animals that are pretty similar to the base game species.
In a hypothetical future I where we get flying birds and fully aquatic animals I hope those gaps in the Deluxe pack will be filled.
Also it's not true that the Deluxe edition is not included in the Steam Sales, I found it discounted last sales, wich were like 2 days ago

Top Bottom