August Exodus - IGER pledges to support new settlement at Jaques

ohHOB7Q.png

July 28th 3302

August Exodus - IGER pledges to support new settlement at Jaques

Today, in HIP 72043 at Kippax Ring, a spokeswoman for the Institute of Galactic Exploration and Research (IGER) announced that the Institute would be shipping a new cartographics computer network out to Jacques Station. The network contains all astrogation data compiled to date and will replace the station's original system which was heavily damaged in a recent mis-jump. Unrestricted access to the information is meant to empower the exploration community by providing a hub of operations in deep space. Technicians and hardware will be traveling with the second flight of the August Exodus.

The Institute will also be donating a large amount of agricultural produce from the garden world of Magellan in order to sustain the increasing population seeking a new home at Jaques station in the Colonia Nebula.

Regular convoys from Kippax Ring to Jaques Station are being discussed and IGER has made a pledge to help this new settlement prosper.

y5twH6D.png

Pilots from the 2nd flight of the August Exodus will be invited to do a short stop at Kippax Ring shortly after their launch on August 15th 3302. A group of pilots from IGER and the FGE will await their arrival and stand by for the transfer of advanced computer components as well as agricultural produce to take out to Jaques. After the transfer is complete a number of FGE pilots will join the August Exodus and transport several senior IGER technicians out to Jacques to oversee the installment of the new cartographics network. It is the hope that this will help in bringing the cartographics services at the station back online.

The organizers of the 2nd flight of the August Exodus will manage the sign-up for interested pilots wanting to take part in this crucial operation.

Erimus said:
1T of Advanced Computer Components collected from IGER technicians outside of Kippax Ring gets you an invite to become a Colonial Scout. Link.

Colonial Scout role asigned to the following CMDRs:

Ar'Vessah
Cometborne (Udo)
D4arkS4v4nt
Joe Hammond
Putin Stronk
Qwertyuiopas
Slackerbob
Vegassimus
Zephrow

If you took part in the event, please send me a direct message on discord or post in this thread with confirmation that you have delivered the computer components to Jaques.

Last edited:
Me and my as yet unpurchased vessel would be happy to sign up for this...

Edit: Now flying the Orca, Lucifer's Palace

Frawd

Last edited:
CMDR kjkb1980 and Cargo Vessel "Daenerys" reporting in.

7FEtnzY.jpg

We're currently hauling materials to Obsidian Orbital in Maia for the creation of a new Federal Outpost in HIP 17225 but have already signed up for Convoy #2 of the August Exodus to Jaques.

I would be honored to transport materials from Kippax Ring to Jacques on behalf of the FGE. o7

Another great initiative to bring some background depth to the colonization event. I'll be heading out there during C2 so will take some of this equipment with me - I'll ask other Exodus pilots to help with this. Kippax Ring is quite close to the C2 departure point so the logistics of it should pose no issues [up]

I have noticed that on Monday 15 August IGER will be handing out tech/food at Kippax Ring at 19:00 IGT...that is 2AM Tuesday 16 August in my time zone...so not really amenable for me to collect stuff (since I head to work at 5AM).

Can I buy tech/food at Kippax so I can participate in this aspect of the Jaques Exodus?

Frawd

Will you be joining the August Exodus or would you like to just take part in the event at Kippax?

I'm going to Jaques with the second fleet of the August Exodus and would like to participate in the IGER Kippax tech/food collection as well. However since I won't be online at 19.00IGT can I purchase the goods at Kippax?

Frawd

Last edited:
I have noticed that on Monday 15 August IGER will be handing out tech/food at Kippax Ring at 19:00 IGT...that is 2AM Tuesday 16 August in my time zone...so not really amenable for me to collect stuff (since I head to work at 5AM).

Can I buy tech/food at Kippax so I can participate in this aspect of the Jaques Exodus?

Frawd

Convoy #2 departs on August 15th.
Fleet gathers at 19:00 gametime for Euro Zone Players (Wing Leaders are CMDRs Jonas Treesong and Unrealization)
Six hours later at 01:00 gametime for Non-Eruo Zone Players (Wing Leader is CMDR .Stryker.)

I don´t expect 01:00 gametime would be better for you?

Agricultural produce can be bought at Kippax Ring, but the special computer components needed for the astrographics computer cannot be bought - they must be received from IGER technicians in person.

But if you state a time of day that is suitable for you, we would make an effort to have a technician on site…

(And yes, this is an RP event without game mechanic effect, and yes, you could just buy the computer components in another system - but who would want to do that when we can make a great storyline together?)

Last edited:
I don´t expect 01:00 gametime would be better for you?

Agricultural produce can be bought at Kippax Ring, but the special computer components needed for the astrographics computer cannot be bought - they must be received from IGER technicians in person.

But if you state a time of day that is suitable for you, we would make an effort to have a technician on site…

(And yes, this is an RP event without game mechanic effect, and yes, you could just buy the computer components in another system - but who would want to do that when we can make a great storyline together?)

LOL...01:00IGT I will physically be at work (and unfortunately I don't have ED on my PC there :( )

I will be happy to receive computer components from a technician if they can be online between 12:00 and 14:30IGT (I am +8GMT)...I can narrow that down to suit the technician handing over the components.

Thanks

Frawd

1T of slaves gets you an invite into the Colonial Militia. Link.

1T of Advanced Computer Components collected from IGER technicians outside of Kippax Ring gets you and invite to become a Colonial Scout. Link.

Take both, and become both. I am :D

I will be on deck at Kippax for the 0100 event as a representative of IGER passing out Computer Components.

LOL...01:00IGT I will physically be at work (and unfortunately I don't have ED on my PC there :( )

I will be happy to receive computer components from a technician if they can be online between 12:00 and 14:30IGT (I am +8GMT)...I can narrow that down to suit the technician handing over the components.

Thanks

Frawd

IGER technical support informs me that a technician will be able to be present from 14:00 to 15:00 IGT. That should give you an half hour window.

So to sum up. IGER will have a technical representative in place to hand out the parts for the astrogation computer (computer components) at the following times IGT:

August 15th
14:00-15:00: CMDR Cinnabar

19:00-20:30: CMDR Cinnabar and others (main rendezvous with the August Exodus, Euro-timezone launch)

August 16th
01:00-02:00: CMDR Chrystoph (rendezvous with the August Exodus, Non Euro-timezone launch)

Last edited:
IGER technical support informs me that a technician will be able to be present from 14:00 to 15:00 IGT. That should give you an half hour window.
So to sum up. IGER will have a technical representative in place to hand out the parts for the astrogation computer (computer components) at the following times IGT:
August 15th
14:00-15:00: CMDR Cinnabar
19:00-20:30: CMDR Cinnabar and others (main rendezvous with the August Exodus, Euro-timezone launch)
August 16th
01:00-02:00: CMDR Chrystoph (rendezvous with the August Exodus, Non Euro-timezone launch)

Thanks Corbin, and thanks too to Cmdr Cinnabar...I will see you next Monday

Frawd

And I can get the ACS during the period from the 12th of August to the 14 th? And I can carry 116 tons of cargo, except that I not know how many you will bring.

Cmdr Frawd Digger reporting to Kippax Ring, in readiness for Monday's collection of computer equipment...and then heading to Jaques. In the mean time I will practice zipping around in my SRV on many of the airless worlds in the system :)

Frawd

Top Bottom