Community Event / Creation August Exodus - The New World

There are some really good points raised above about the 'minor faction' question, specifically it's impact on Jaques. You're absolutely right about civil wars, instability and the like.

It's worth emphasising that the goal of this is not to establish a minor faction in-game. It's something that could be a possibility in the future, if there is lots of support for this movement and when the new colony spans several systems and stations, with room for several factions to exist peaceably side by side. But it is not the aim and isn't even something we've thought about beyond being a distant possibility, were the initiative to receive a lot of support. Perhaps the original post wasn't clear on this; I've tweaked the wording for clarity.

The aim is: to see whether there is support from the community to start a movement based on an ideal, and begin a storyline via in-game actions. Where the story goes from there (if it goes anywhere at all) is up to the players.

This is a worthy cause CMDR Souvarine. I'm scheduled to depart for Jaques in the next day or two in my Type-9 Baymax as a runner the Buckyball Long Haul race, so I'll be fetching a few dozen freed slaves with me.

I do agree with the points CMDR Corrigendum made on GalNet, so I 'bought' 120 slaves (10tons) and asked them all if they'd prefer to be freed in the bubble with a bag of Sothis Gold and a bottle of Lavian Brandy each, or transported to a new life 22,000ly away. Over half of them chose to remain behind, but the others were happy to take their chances (even when I told them of the dangers of sudden cargo hatch failure during a Buckyball refuel - those T9s do get hot!).

So I'll be heading to Jaques with 4t of slaves to free, I told them they can help themselves to the rest of the Brandy if they like.

Last edited:
This is a worthy cause CMDR Souvarine. I'm scheduled to depart for Jaques in the next day or two in my Type-9 Baymax as a runner the Buckyball Long Haul race, so I'll be fetching a few dozen freed slaves with me.

I do agree with the points CMDR Corrigendum made on GalNet, so I 'bought' 120 slaves (10tons) and asked them all if they'd prefer to be freed in the bubble with a bag of Sothis Gold and a bottle of Lavian Brandy each, or transported to a new life 22,000ly away. Over half of them chose to remain behind, but the others were happy to take their chances (even when I told them of the dangers of sudden cargo hatch failure during a Buckyball refuel - those T9s do get hot!).

So I'll be heading to Jaques with 4t of slaves to free, I told them they can help themselves to the rest of the Brandy if they like.

Very noble Commander! All the best colonies are founded on brandy, I've heard.

Greetings Commanders!

It's heartening to see that so many pilots have heard the call, and my heartfelt thanks go to those who have pledged to help give our enslaved brothers and sisters a new life in the Colony.

However, the founding of the new society will not be the end of the task. Sadly, it is an inescapable fact of human nature that wherever we as a species set up home, forces of power, exploitation and domination are not far behind. Already my sources tell me of Federation and Empire military initiatives to establish strongholds in our new world. Unless we are vigilant, our new society will quickly come to resemble the one we have left behind.

That is why there will regrettably be a need for a Colonial Militia in our new home - made up of those men and women who have sworn to protect the values upon which it is founded. Liberty and Equality - the twin candles illuminating our path forward - must be protected!

Those who demonstrate their commitment to those values by transporting slaves to the Colony during the August Exodus should join the Colonial Militia to safeguard our new world!

God speed,
ED

logo2.png

Last edited:
I appreciate this kind of player event but unfortunately, from a RP perspective, I cannot follow as I am scare it would start the same issues that we have in the bubble actually.

I see Jaques stations and later outpost as scientist/explorer home/outpost, free of politics, where everyone could gather and share stories and ideas. And an outpost just above the black deep space. That is my wish.

Power Corrupts. I too have concerns about a 'power' in the region. Without power, however, we have the definition of anarchy. Lesser of two evils???

I am bringing a family of slaves - no brandy in case of emergencies... I will see how things unfold, and may consider joining the militia.

Last edited:
1 family inbound to Jaques...

JL8mBfp.jpg

I'm not sure my sanity will hold out though :mad:

Jump
Slaves "are we there yet?"
Me "No"

Jump
Me "No!"

Jump
Me "No!!"

Jump
Me "No!!!"

Jump
Me "NO NO NO!!!"

Me *strokes airlock release button* [mad]

i have just returned from Jaques Convoy1, all waypoints completed. So i´ve signed up for Convoy2 to free some Slaves, who could say "no" to this campaign......

Well I arrived at Jaques with 4 groups of freed slaves safely tucked away in the cargo bay. They got a little worried when things got rather hot and 2 tons of power gens fell out of the dodgy cargo hatch, but they all made it.

Then I turned my back for like five seconds to take some evidence screenshots of the commodities/BM screens for the Buckyball race and I find that one group of ex-slaves have sneaked off and stolen some of my power gens.

The cheeky gits! [woah]

Take a look: Plays TV Link

I let the rest off the ship safe and sound.

Last edited:
Hello, everyone. I just made it to Jaque's with a slave in tow to be freed, but I want to make sure I don't mess up with the part about providing evidence. Can I use screenshots as evidence? And if I can, what should be in them?

Last edited:
For the Non-European August Exodus Flight #2, I will have 40 units of colonists available for adoption at Hip 72043 - Kippax Ring @ 0100 Server Standard time.

Hello, everyone. I just made it to Jaque's with a slave in tow to be freed, but I want to make sure I don't mess up with the part about providing evidence. Can I use screenshots as evidence? And if I can, what should be in them?

Hi Viperlotus

Screenshots are ideal - Bruski's above clearly shows the location as well as the slaves in the inventory, which is spot on.

Cheers

Top Bottom