Hey DWJ,

No dramas mate.

If that is your full bat file, then it looks like it is missing the following code:

Code:
ECHO LAUNCHING: VOICEATTACK
CD %VOICEATTACK-PATH%
If NOT ERRORLEVEL 1 START /d %VOICEATTACK-PATH% VoiceAttack.exe
PING -n 2 localhost>nul
TASKLIST | FIND /I "VoiceAttack.exe"
If NOT ERRORLEVEL 1 ECHO ...SUCCESS!
If NOT ERRORLEVEL 1 SET /A AppSuccessCount+=1
If ERRORLEVEL 1 ECHO ...ERROR!!!  ~Check VoiceAttack.exe path/installed/already running~
ECHO.

Even if it is an app you do not use, you should not need to change/remove any of the code. It will just bypass it if the path set is incorrect for the app.

Also, double check the location of VoiceAttack install. The Program Files folder should be the default but if you have change it then you will need to change it in the bat file path section too.

Cheers, AD

Hey @Aussiedroid :) script has been awesome mate!!
I just logged in today after updating to the latest ED patch and I am receiving the below error when trying to run the script... I don't think it related to the patch but any ideas before i start mucking around with my gear

Currently plugged USB HID devices[3]:
1: "T-Rudder" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B679&REV_0110"
2: "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0404&REV_0100"
3: "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0402&REV_0100"
Error:(internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_0404"
Installing filter driver to VID_044F&PID_0402. Please Wait...Script stopped!
Done!
Error:(internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_0402"

Runtime Error: STOP request received while running main on line 53 in "C:\Users\ManRoom\Desktop\scripts for target\Aussiedroid-ED-Warthog-Script-4.0.0\AD-EDWarthogEnhancedScript-4.0.0\Warthog Script\AD_ED_v4.0.0.tmc"
Error:Script run timed out!

EDIT** sorry nevermind... it seems to have sorted itself out... looks like it had issues finding the joystick or something.

Last edited:
Hi @INSTG8R ,

That looks like a driver//firmware/TARGET software mismatch.

edit: which is strange as I believe you updated these a little while back (April 16) according to this thread (page 43 post#854)
Have you had to reinstall any of the drivers/TARGET since then?

Latest TARGET software is v3.0.18.328
Latest Firmware for WARTHOG Joystick is 12.
Latest Firmware for WARTHOG Throttle is 23.

Also Aussiedroid has released version 4.1.0 of his script which is required for the April ED release.

Hope this helps.

Clicker

Last edited:
Hi AD and Clicker,

Can anyone please further explain for this moron (me) how to get the throttle PTT working with the ingame voice comms. I've tried everything ingame..

As of now, when I press the pointy thumb button it mutes the comms and when not pressing they're active.

I have not changed anything in 4.1.0 Userprefs file and all other things works flawless!
External Comms in Teamspeak and Discord works perfectly.

//kontrolldon

@Clicker thanks man, yeah very strange as I did update them both to the latest. What I did notice is I can no longer view the firmware version of my joystick in target GUI even after reinstalling drivers.
Doesn't matter, all seems to be working again except for being able to view the firmware version of the joystick. No idea what happened but I just did the ol unplug everything and plug and back in again and bang... worked :D

What I haven't done though is update to the latest script which ill do tonight.. running the old version didn't seem to effect my gaming experience last night in any way but yeah ill update asap.

Hi AD and Clicker,

Can anyone please further explain for this moron (me) how to get the throttle PTT working with the ingame voice comms. I've tried everything ingame..

As of now, when I press the pointy thumb button it mutes the comms and when not pressing they're active.

I have not changed anything in 4.1.0 Userprefs file and all other things works flawless!
External Comms in Teamspeak and Discord works perfectly.

//kontrolldon
Hey @kontrolldon,

Can you check if you have the same user preferences set from 4.0.0 into the 4.1.0 prefs?

There was zero changes to the microphone functionality this build so I am assuming it might just be a settings alignment needed. Otherwise I might have screwed something up in the bindings file inadvertently. It almost sounds from your description like it has started up with the PTT key pressed (like a toggle is still on when you run the script resulting in inverse action). Could you recheck ensuring all toggles and your PTT key are in off position when starting running the script please?

I will take another look as well and compare the previous versions later this evening (hopefully) and see if I can replicate via the event tester my end in case something odd is going on here.

The four prefs by the way are these:

Code:
   define ExternalMicCombined      0
   define ExternalMicInverse       0
   define MicExternalAction        1
   define MicExternalActionALT     1

They mainly control the External mic behaviour though, not the Internal. Internal should be pretty much set ready for use across the binding and script. Given your two external mics work fine though, you probably have these set correctly. Hmmm... coming back to the binding settings again or key held on run of script.

What I haven't done though is update to the latest script which ill do tonight.. running the old version didn't seem to effect my gaming experience last night in any way but yeah ill update asap.

Nothing major @INSTIG8R .. just adding a new keybinding in Galaxy map and fixing the broken macros (due to UI changes) really. If you don't use the macros often then might not see any big issues with 4.0.0 (well I hope not anyways :ROFLMAO:)

Cheers, AD

I've had this problem way back, so nothing new. Script works almost flawless.

When I switch to External comms (top right switch), it works as a PTT. It's only when on internal that release after 25ms and is inverted for me. I.e. mute the ingame voice. ( \ )

Can it be that I got a faulty thumb button? Is there anyway I can invert so Internal will work as a PTT and not a mute button?

As I said earlier, external works fine in both Discord and Teamspeak. ( * )

Sorry for confusing explanation. 4am here and haven't gone to bed yet..

Ah ok mate, sorry I didn't realise this was an existing issue.

Always a chance of faulty hardware, but given its working for the other channels I doubt it is in this case.

Not sure of a workaround at this point. PTT is the '\' key .. wonder if you can override it somehow via the keyboard (or combining the push and keyboard to 'unstick' it).

Might very well be a flaw in the logic of the function in the code if its been persistent for a while. I'll have to dig a bit deeper.

Cheers, AD

Hiya,

Two things to check...

@kontrolldon
1) in-game binding for microphone (HOLD or TOGGLE), as...

@Aussiedroid
2) Your script only uses ActKey(KEYON+PULSE+InternalVoiceCommsPTT); everywhere but the externals get a DOWN+ instead of PULSE+ where required.

Hope this helps

Clicker

@Aussiedroid
2) Your script only uses ActKey(KEYON+PULSE+InternalVoiceCommsPTT); everywhere but the externals get a DOWN+ instead of PULSE+ where required.

Hope this helps

Hey @Clicker

Looks wrong but should be "right" ;) There was some reason I set it up that way a long time back, but basically it should have a MapKey and MapKeyR, and fire the pulse action on each direction. In the bindings it should be setup as a toggle. This mimics the action of the hold and release PTT, essentially toggling each direction up or down (ie on/off of the toggle) on the button if that makes sense. CMDR keeps button down so doesnt fire the response till released. Illogical way of doing it (I know), but did used to work.

That is not to say its not the issue though, but it would also break it if it was set to hold in the game bindings (perhaps that is the confusion?). Would seem counter to set it as toggle when you want the PTT action after all lol, but would need to be set as toggle for the current code config to work.

Cheers, AD

@Clicker @Aussiedroid

I've tried both TOGGLE and HOLD (ingame settings, pressing the plus and changing between the two) now and I still mute the mic when pressing or holding the pointy button.

I've also tried to copy a new bindings file and a clean/original script file.

Now I'm out of ideas. For me it seems like the INTERNAL is inverted, it mutes when I press/holds the button.

No errors when running the (fresh installed) script what I can see:

:....USER PREFERENCES....:
[Run Software @ Start = 0] [Custom Slider Curve = 1] [PIP Mgt. Preset = 2] [MFD Active = 0]
[Cargo Precision Mode = 0] [S/Cruise @ Throttle = 1] [Chaff @ Escape = 0] [Boost @ Esc = 0]
[Combine External Mic = 0] [Sec. Fire Override = 0] [NightVision HUD = 0] [Ext Mic+Mic = 0]
[Headtrak Center Mode = 0] [Ship Utility Mode = 0] [LED Backlight = 172] [LED ¡Bling! = 1]

:..DEFAULT TOGGLE STATE..:
[Combine Pri+Sec Fire = 1] [Rot. Correction = 1] [C/ Scoop = 0] [L/ Gear = 0] [Lights = 0]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Macros... Compiling Functions... Initialising Joystick Axis... Initialising Throttle Axis..
Setting Throttle Profile: FULL SCALE [-100 -> 100]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Done... Enhanced ED Script Engineered by Aussiedroid is now running... Fly Safe CMDR! <|>
main returned 0
Throttle Profile: FORWARD ONLY [0 -> 100]

Hey @ptimale & @kontrolldon

I've tested this out last night and I can see the key strokes firing correctly in Event Tester. Not sure why the in the game is not working properly. To be honest, I don't think I have ever used the voice comms in ED first hand so perhaps there is something else to this I do not understand. I don't understand how it is inverting on the first press as there does not seem to be any double presses occurring.

Do you guys see the key presses firing correctly outside of the game, when Internal Mic is active?

Does using the keyboard '\' result in the same behaviour as the HOTAS?

Cheers, AD

Hey @ptimale & @kontrolldon,

Have created a quick modified version of the AD_EDFunctions file which you can try out here.

Just download AD_EDFunctions file and rename the version from 4.X.X to 4.1.0 and it should work with the last release version.

You will also have to change Internal Mic behaviour to Hold instead of Toggle in the bindings in ED, as the modified version now uses DOWN and UP commands instead of PULSE.

Let me know if it works :)

Cheers, AD

Hello

running test of file AD_EDFunctions, I'm waiting for a friend to do a test
___
I come back to the problem evoke on this post:

Here is a video to illustrate the problem in an oculus :

Source: https://youtu.be/BBZRLQCabFw

____

Another problem:

when I use a gun on the trigger, and at the same time the FAOFF, it cuts off my impultion laser

If only I had used the language script target, I could better participate

thank you for all the time you spend.

Hi @ptimale

Thanks for giving it a test when you can. I appreciate the feedback.

Regarding the video. I am not sure what I am looking at. Are you able to explain in more detail please?

Regarding the trigger & FAOFF. Do you mean that when you turn FAOFF on that your primary (or secondary) fire group cuts off? How do you have your weapon grouping/priorities set up?

Cheers, AD

Hi @ptimale

Thanks for giving it a test when you can. I appreciate the feedback.

Regarding the video. I am not sure what I am looking at. Are you able to explain in more detail please?

Regarding the trigger & FAOFF. Do you mean that when you turn FAOFF on that your primary (or secondary) fire group cuts off? How do you have your weapon grouping/priorities set up?

Cheers, AD

hello aussiedroid

it is a video of the outside of the headset vr, when I take a copy of screen with s1 + L // G it moves the display in all directions.

Yes, that kicks off the main or secondary weapon, I'm forced to step back on the trigger.

// PRI-SEC FIRE CONTROL //
int combinesPriSecFire = 1

define SecFirePinkyPref 0

thruster and FSD in position 1 and the other in position 2

@Aussiedroid

Hey,

Replaced AD_EDfunctions file with your beta from github. Tried both HOLD and TOGGLE as internal. Both of them now works as a toggle, not PTT? So if I press/hold the button it mutes the mic and it stays muted. If I press again it's active. So it's almost working ingame :)

update: In the event tester it works now as a PTT, but not ingame as mentioned. Sorry to be a pain in the ass regarding this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom