Hi,

Just getting back into ED and found this. Looking forward to learning this but something is "plume evading me". I have it downloaded and complied without errors. I know some keys work as I know what they do. However, I am having trouble figuring out what buttons I need to bring up the UI panels (e.g., Nav/target panel, system panel, etc.). I can bring the Nav/target panel up with a "1" and then con navigate with the CMS buttons. I though it might be the "UINested" button ( down on the Sensor selector hat).

I use TARGET GUI on a regular basis and am a little familiar with TARGET scripting.

Anyway what is the noob missing. Thanks,

Hi @Cluter Fonulique

According to the images on his Steam guides page try press and hold modifier [2] (Joystick CMS button press) + Throttle Mic Switch Up, Left, Right or Down.

However, I cannot see any mapping in the script which sends 'TargetPanel', 'CommsPanel', 'RolePanel' or 'SystemPanel', pulses, which are the variables defined in his keymap file.
If/when mapped these would send the 1, 2, 3, 4 keys to the game.

Cheers
Clicker

Last edited:
HI Clicker,

Thanks for the response. I too couldn't see anything in the scripts that would send those commands., and I didn't see anything in the scripts for "UINested" I was expecting a SEQUENCE type command.

However, I think I may have figured it out. I think he does direct bindings via DX buttons as much as possible. I looked at the key bindings file and it shows the command of J27+J19 for the Nav panel. AND that agrees with the jpg shown on the first page. I knew I was probably just looking in the wrong place.

Thanks for the response.
Salute!
Clutter

Cool!

Glad you worked it out.
Given time, I "should have" loaded the script and bindings up and tested it myself...I got a bit lazy...sorry.

Clicker

Hi all,
Bit of an odd request, but since also playing star citizen, i wanted to use the HOSAS setup with ED.
The issue i have is that when running Aussies script, my Warthog and throttle work fine, but it doesnt see my T1600 i use for the left stick.
I just wondered if anyone knew what i need to modify in the script to add the T1600 so i can then manually bind it with ED ?
Im pretty crap with Target and cant work out what i need to do, so any help would be awesome.
Thanks

Hi @OutOfTheLight ,

Aussiedroid's script is written specifically for the Warthog Throttle and Stick.
It would be quite a bit of work to try to include your T16000 as well.

I'm sure he won't mind me plugging the tutorials I wrote as a source of potential assistance.
Whilst also written for the Warthog, I do provide examples on how to modify the script to use the T16000.
There have also been a couple of contributors to that thread who use T16000 and have posted the modifications they used.

Check my signature for the link.

Cheers
Clicker

Hi Clicker,
Yeah, i thought it might be. Guess i was hoping for an easy way to at least allow the T1600 to be recognized whilst running his script as it doesnt even light up, but totally understand your comment.
Thanks for getting back to me and thanks for providing your pips script on another thread. Im actually running that and all is good.
Cheers

I see...in the .tmc file, find the line that looks like

Configure(&T16000, MODE_EXCLUDED);

...and change “MODE_EXCLUDED” to “MODE_KEEPENABLED”, or "MODE_FILTERED"

See if that helps.
By rights, you should be able to get into Options|Controller in game and bind your T16000 to whichever axis/function you wish....be careful you don’t clobber something that you want the script to keep control over.

Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
Can i get some setup help please, i have just purchased a warthog set inc peddles but things are not working in elite with the script,

i have installed into elite bindings, and followed the scritp setup.

But when i use the script test, only the keyboard is working, and in elite the Aussi settings only keyboard commands show up, I have tested the joystick/throttle and both work correctly.

Thanks

Hi @Devil,

Can you please confirm each of the following;
  1. Your Thrustmaster WARTHOG Hotas drivers were all installed ok
  2. Thrustmaster TARGET software installed ok
  3. Open TARGET GUI. Which version of the software are you running (Top right corner of window) . should be v3.0.18.328
  4. Click the "Get Firmware" link for both the Throttle and Joystick and advise what versions you have for each...should be Joystick = FW: 12, Throttle = FW: 23
  5. Confirm you copied the .bind file to the correct directory (something like; C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings)
  6. Confirm you have loaded AussieDroid's script into TARGET Script Editor and clicked "Compile" and got no errors.
  7. Confirm you selected "Run" in TargetScript Editor, no errors (= "main returned 0")...then started Elite Dangerous (leaving the script running)
  8. Once Elite starts, confirm you went into Options|Controls and are able to select Aussiedroid's bindings profile from the dropdown
If everything above is confirmed, then things should be working correctly in game.

If anything above is out of place, or, if you are unsure of anything, please post additional information on any errors seen or what you are unsure about.

Cheers
Clicker

Hi Clicker.

So this is as far as ive got so far, in the device tester, everything works, joystick, throttle and peddels, Shows Thrustmaster combined.

i have selected the profile in elite, and then go into a training event to test. throtttle works, then it asks to puch joystick up and down, that works but roll fails, it keeps saying [joy4] + [joy23}

Running script: C:\Users\Al\Desktop\Aussiedroid-ED-Warthog-Script-4.2.1\Warthog Script\AD_ED_v4.2.1.tmc
* Allocated ProcInstances found from the previous run: use FreeProcInstance() *
Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"
Compile Succeeded.
Physical USB HID devices managed by script!
Currently plugged USB HID devices[3]:
1: "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0404&REV_0100"
2: "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0402&REV_0100"
3: "T-Pendular-Rudder" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B68F&REV_0110"
USB HID device "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0404\5&38E97A59&0&9) selected
USB HID device "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0402\5&38E97A59&0&8) selected
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0403" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_B10B" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_B687" cannot be found
USB HID device "T-Pendular-Rudder"(USB\VID_044F&PID_B68F\5&38E97A59&0&7) selected
Virtual HID devices managed by script!
Connecting virtual joystick...Done
Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined
Connecting virtual keyboard...Done
Connecting virtual mouse (absolute axes)...Done
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ENHANCEMENTS LOADING: v4.2.1 TARGET Mappings, Macros & Functions Decrypted <|>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:....USER PREFERENCES....:
[Run Software @ Start = 0] [Custom Slider Curve = 1] [PIP Mgt. Preset = 2] [MFD Active = 0]
[Cargo Precision Mode = 0] [S/Cruise @ Throttle = 1] [Chaff @ Escape = 0] [Boost @ Esc = 0]
[Combine External Mic = 0] [Sec. Fire Override = 0] [NightVision HUD = 0] [Ext Mic+Mic = 0]
[Headtrak Center Mode = 0] [Ship Utility Mode = 0] [LED Backlight = 172] [LED ¡Bling! = 1]
[Throttle Axis O/ride = 0] [Joystik Axis O/ride = 0] [Throttle D/zone = 5] [Joys D/zone = 1]

:..DEFAULT TOGGLE STATE..:
[Combine Pri+Sec Fire = 1] [Rot. Correction = 1] [C/ Scoop = 0] [L/ Gear = 0] [Lights = 0]
Starting Macros... Compiling Functions... Initialising Joystick Axis... Initialising Throttle Axis..
Setting Throttle Profile: FULL SCALE [-100 -> 100]
Done... Enhanced ED Script Engineered by Aussiedroid is now running... Fly Safe CMDR! <|>
main returned 0
Voice Comms: ^^ INTERNAL MIC OPEN ^^
Rotation Correction: DISABLED !!
Silent Running: ACTIVATED !!

tested in the combat training, when i use the joystick it yaws instead of rolls, peddles dont work, again all works in the device testing...

Thanks for the help

Hi Clicker and Devil,

I am having a somewhat similar problem. Up until the other day it was working fine. Now when I run and compile, everything looks fine, but the Aussiedroid's bindings do not show up in the Options/Control menu. It did the other day and it is in the Local directory. Any clues.

Here is a copy of my latest TARGET run output. I have no clue as to why I have the bolded lines, but they have worked before. I have also updated .NET frame

Thanks,
Clutter

=================================================
* Allocated ProcInstances found from the previous run: use FreeProcInstance() *
Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"
Physical USB HID devices managed by script!
Currently plugged USB HID devices[4]:
1: "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0404&REV_0100"
2: "F16 MFD 1" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B351&REV_0100"
3: "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0402&REV_0100"
4: "F16 MFD 2" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B352&REV_0100"
USB HID device "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0404\6&359AD5DA&0&1) selected
USB HID device "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0402\5&C1BD4D0&0&7) selected
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0403" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_B10B" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_B687" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_B679" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_B68F" cannot be found

Virtual HID devices managed by script!
Connecting virtual joystick...Done
Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined
Connecting virtual keyboard...Done
Connecting virtual mouse (absolute axes)...Done
> ENHANCEMENTS LOADING: v4.2.1 TARGET Mappings, Macros & Functions Decrypted <|>
:....USER PREFERENCES....:
[Run Software @ Start = 0] [Custom Slider Curve = 1] [PIP Mgt. Preset = 2] [MFD Active = 0]
[Cargo Precision Mode = 0] [S/Cruise @ Throttle = 1] [Chaff @ Escape = 0] [Boost @ Esc = 0]
[Combine External Mic = 0] [Sec. Fire Override = 0] [NightVision HUD = 0] [Ext Mic+Mic = 0]
[Headtrak Center Mode = 2] [Ship Utility Mode = 0] [LED Backlight = 172] [LED ¡Bling! = 1]
[Throttle Axis O/ride = 0] [Joystik Axis O/ride = 0] [Throttle D/zone = 5] [Joys D/zone = 1]
:..DEFAULT TOGGLE STATE..:
[Combine Pri+Sec Fire = 1] [Rot. Correction = 1] [C/ Scoop = 0] [L/ Gear = 0] [Lights = 0]
Starting Macros... Compiling Functions... Initialising Joystick Axis... Initialising Throttle Axis..
Setting Throttle Profile: FULL SCALE [-100 -> 100]
Done... Enhanced ED Script Engineered by Aussiedroid is now running... Fly Safe CMDR! <|>
main returned 0
Throttle Profile: FORWARD ONLY [0 -> 100]
Landing Gear: DEPLOYED >>

Ok, cool....looks like it's working as designed.
It is my understanding that out of the box, the x-axis on the joystick is set to yaw, not roll.

Take a look in the usersettings file.
I'm not at my home PC so cannot check right now, but I think there may be a setting to make x-axis roll.
I also seem to recall if you press S4 whilst moving the joystick it may roll (I could be wrong about this as I've been across about a dozen different people's script just lately)

When I'm at home, I'll check this out and report back here.

Also, which pedals do you have...I can then guide you on how to get them working.

Note: If you ever change any settings or variables in the script files provided, please be sure to save+recompile+run to ensure no errors.

Aussiedroid's script is certainly extensive and will require time and patience to master.
Start with familiarising yourself with his Steampage and the usage maps provided.

Dont be afraid to come back with more questions and we'll do our best to get you going.

Clicker

Ok, cool....looks like it's working as designed.
It is my understanding that out of the box, the x-axis on the joystick is set to yaw, not roll.

Take a look in the usersettings file.
I'm not at my home PC so cannot check right now, but I think there may be a setting to make x-axis roll.
I also seem to recall if you press S4 whilst moving the joystick it may roll (I could be wrong about this as I've been across about a dozen different people's script just lately)

When I'm at home, I'll check this out and report back here.

Also, which pedals do you have...I can then guide you on how to get them working.

Note: If you ever change any settings or variables in the script files provided, please be sure to save+recompile+run to ensure no errors.

Aussiedroid's script is certainly extensive and will require time and patience to master.
Start with familiarising yourself with his Steampage and the usage maps provided.

Dont be afraid to come back with more questions and we'll do our best to get you going.

Clicker

Thanks Clicker. so first of many to come questions.

Where do i start looking in the script, to change yaw to roll for the joystick, and then add that to the pedals ?? I assume as everything works correctly in the device tester, its a script issue.

I have 3 days off work, so going to atempt to learn and alter the script... for my setup. the pedals i have are the thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals.

Thanks

Thanks Clicker. so first of many to come questions.

Where do i start looking in the script, to change yaw to roll for the joystick, and then add that to the pedals ?? I assume as everything works correctly in the device tester, its a script issue.

I have 3 days off work, so going to atempt to learn and alter the script... for my setup. the pedals i have are the thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals.

Thanks

The x-axis of the joystick is set to yaw as a default in the bindings file. You change this, and the rudder pedals in the binding file itself. Open the game/options and find the roll and yaw settings. Then change the roll to the x-axis by click on the field and moving the joystick. Do the same for the rudder pedals and Yaw.

You can also directly edit the Bindings file (via notepad++)> I had to do this because I wanted to change the Thrusters Up, Down < left, and Right to better suit what I am used to.

Clutter

Last edited:
Check bindings folder for an error message after loading the game.

If the script isn't running when you start the game, or you have a controller not present that a bind depends on then ED can throw an error and the profile won't be available.

Clicker

Top Bottom