@Aussiedroid Hiya,

Should there be a bindings file present in the 'WITHOUT MFG Crosswind' folder as I don't seem to have it, or been able to find it on GitHub?

Cheers

J

I have same issue!

i dont have any rudders atm,

and the current zipfile available DOES NOT contain an Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 5.0.0.3.0.binds file in the "WITHOUT MFG Crosswind" folder!

Also this file is deleted somehow at github.

i managed it somehow to undelete, saved it as Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 5.0.0.3.0.binds in my "WITHOUT MFG Crosswind" folder

hopefully it will work somehow...dunno, i go to sleep now, was a looong 1st day in Odyssey! :-D

what to do now?

thanks and cheers ^^

Yeah I'm all the way on version 20H2, when running the script the Joystick & Throttle disappear from the Game Controllers panel (that you can pull up with joy.cpl) but when running the script they disappear and nothing replaces them. The script just locks up when trying to setup the virtual device. It creates a Guillemot_HID_Device_21 device but causes a Driver Error for the new device and the Joystick & Throttle and then eventually the script gives up and the Joystick & Throttle return.

View attachment 217678
Hi @Sizix ,

You will need to resolve the driver error before you do anything else.

Sorry if you have already done this...

1) Ensure you are running the latest firmware for your devices.
Throttle = FW: 23, Joystick = FW: 12.
You can check this via the TargetGUI.exe and clicking "Get Firmware" on each controller

2) Ensure you have installed the latest driver package.
2018_TMHW_1.exe file version 1.0.2018.0

3) Ensure you are running latest version of TARGET (v3.0.20.826).
You can check this via TargetGUI.exe, top right-hand corner of the window

If you've done all this and before you reinstall Windows (yep, you heard that right), try plugging the HOTAS into a powered USB hub.
If you don't have one of these, go and buy one.

Then, if you still see the driver errors, roll Windows update back to 1909...and if you can't do that, then...dare I suggest you download an ISO of Win10-1909 and reinstall.
If you do go to this length, make sure you turn off auto-updates as soon as possible.

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on.

Clicker

I have same issue!

i dont have any rudders atm,

and the current zipfile available DOES NOT contain an Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 5.0.0.3.0.binds file in the "WITHOUT MFG Crosswind" folder!

Also this file is deleted somehow at github.

i managed it somehow to undelete, saved it as Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 5.0.0.3.0.binds in my "WITHOUT MFG Crosswind" folder

hopefully it will work somehow...dunno, i go to sleep now, was a looong 1st day in Odyssey! :-D

what to do now?

thanks and cheers ^^
@feiercrack & @Jezzer

I believe the binds deleted were for 4.3.0
Unless Aussiedroid spots this and adds the modified binds file, you can do this...

Open the "WITHOUT MFG Crosswinds.binds" file from the previous version (4.3.0) using notepad (or notepad++) and change the following;

Line 2 -
Change: PresetName="Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 4.3.0"
To: PresetName="Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 5.0.0"

Line 875 -
Change: <Primary Device="ThrustMasterWarthogCombined" Key="Joy_4" />
To: <Primary Device="{NoDevice}" Key="" />

Line 1405 -
Change:
<QuitCamera>
<Primary Device="ThrustMasterWarthogCombined" Key="Joy_7" />
<Secondary Device="{NoDevice}" Key="" />
</QuitCamera>

To:
<QuitCamera>
<Primary Device="ThrustMasterWarthogCombined" Key="Joy_7" />
<Secondary Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_E">
<Modifier Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_LeftControl" />
</Secondary>
</QuitCamera>

...save as "Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 5.0.0.3.0.binds" and Bob's your uncle.

Fire up ED and get into Options | Controls choose your new binds profile and set your rudder axis manually as usual, hit apply when done.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Clicker

Last edited:
...save as "Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 5.0.0.3.0.binds" and Bob's your uncle.

Fire up ED and get into Options | Controls choose your new binds profile and set your rudder axis manually as usual, hit apply when done.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Clicker

Thanks for response!

Ok, that should help a bit, but i think that in this file werent any "on foot" keyboard commands, appeared in new Odyssey DLC! if i got time, i will designate the original suggested keybindings and upload the file in here for all.

cheers

i did my best, but i give up...it works somehow, but i get an error msg in theBindingLoadingErrors.log:

2.png

i tried to remove the 2nd MouseGUI in the binding file, but after relaunch Target and game, the error appears again -.-
my binds and the log file attached as an zip file.

maybe you @Clicker may help again.
Thanks

cheers, o7 ^^

Attachments

• Bindings.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 90
Thanks for response!

Ok, that should help a bit, but i think that in this file werent any "on foot" keyboard commands, appeared in new Odyssey DLC! if i got time, i will designate the original suggested keybindings and upload the file in here for all.

cheers
Hi,

All I did was compare the 5.0.0 version with the 4.3.0 version of the WITH Crosswinds.bind file.
The changes I suggested were the ALL that were different.

I'm assuming that the WITHOUT Crosswinds binds files will have similar differences.

Your errors are associated with other binds files in the binds directory.
Specifically "custom4.0.binds", "ThrustMasterHOTASWarthog.binds" and "ThrustmasterWarthogThrottle.binds"

Hopefully, after making the edits I suggested and saving the file as "Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 5.0.0.binds"....you also moved it into the binds folder?
Then, make sure you select the correct profile via Options|Controller within ED and hit apply.
ie. Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 5.0.0

You will likely still get the error message, but after you have applied the new profile and exit ED, you should delete the error message in the binds directory, restart everything and check again.

Clicker

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Sorry for any confusion regarding the Odyssey build on Github. I haven't updated the binding files yet as I cannot play the Alpha on my current hardware. Performance is just too poor and playing at 15-25 frames just gives me motion sickness (not to mention how awful it looks in 720p in low details!). I was a bit grumpy not being able to test so I have been ignoring ED the past week or so. At any rate, the scripts have been updated extensively, but at this stage the bindings are essentially just the same as the 4.3.0 versions.

As Clicker suggested, you can rename and add the basic bindings to test out in the mean time. Bit of a hassle I know, but from what I could see there is not too much to map. I will likely be setting most of the defaults as my basic setup in the bindings, but did notice a few things may need to be remapped.

The good news though, I have new hardware coming today (YAY!) that I hope will allow me to play a bit more and finalise some of the mappings. New 5800x vs my 4770k should give me a bit of a frame boost even though I will still be playing with the same 1080ti. PCIe 4.0 SSD, DDR4 etc etc will be a marked step up from my HDD and DDR3. All going well, over the next week I should be up and running... just hope a 1080ti is enough for now.

I will be planning to have the HOTAS control the on foot mode, plus the usual keyboard/mouse to provide some flexibility for CMDRs. I'm sure controlling it by HOTAS will be rubbish, but good to have options for those with cockpits like me who have no easy access to kb.

@feiercrack - That warning you are seeing for the mouseGUI should be a false positive. I believe that is happening as I have mapped mouse in multiple modes yet the check is flagging this as not supported (when I believe it should be). I haven't come across any issues with the actual mappings in game myself despite seeing the error my end too. I'll add this to my to-do list to see if I can fix it though, but will likely require removal of some of the mouse mappings / secondary mappings to do it.

Cheers, AD

Damn!

I've not had a go at Odyssey Alpha yet and have similar PC hardware as you....4770K but only a 1070.
I sure hope they can optimize the game by the time it releases, otherwise I won't be able to play and no funds for an upgrade at this time.

{sigh}

Yeah its pretty bad. 15-25 frames was actually on 1080p, but doesn't get much beyond 35 frames at 720p. My system isn't overclocked and it is an old Windows install with other things running in background so you may get a few more depending on your setup. Still, quite the shock to the system when you are used to the game running 120-144 frames at 4k on the same hardware! Even with optimisation, I think the game is going to need a LOT more grunt to play smoothly.

AD

Hi Guys,

Sorry for any confusion regarding the Odyssey build on Github. I haven't updated the binding files yet as I cannot play the Alpha on my current hardware. Performance is just too poor and playing at 15-25 frames just gives me motion sickness (not to mention how awful it looks in 720p in low details!). I was a bit grumpy not being able to test so I have been ignoring ED the past week or so. At any rate, the scripts have been updated extensively, but at this stage the bindings are essentially just the same as the 4.3.0 versions.

As Clicker suggested, you can rename and add the basic bindings to test out in the mean time. Bit of a hassle I know, but from what I could see there is not too much to map. I will likely be setting most of the defaults as my basic setup in the bindings, but did notice a few things may need to be remapped.

The good news though, I have new hardware coming today (YAY!) that I hope will allow me to play a bit more and finalise some of the mappings. New 5800x vs my 4770k should give me a bit of a frame boost even though I will still be playing with the same 1080ti. PCIe 4.0 SSD, DDR4 etc etc will be a marked step up from my HDD and DDR3. All going well, over the next week I should be up and running... just hope a 1080ti is enough for now.

I will be planning to have the HOTAS control the on foot mode, plus the usual keyboard/mouse to provide some flexibility for CMDRs. I'm sure controlling it by HOTAS will be rubbish, but good to have options for those with cockpits like me who have no easy access to kb.

@feiercrack - That warning you are seeing for the mouseGUI should be a false positive. I believe that is happening as I have mapped mouse in multiple modes yet the check is flagging this as not supported (when I believe it should be). I haven't come across any issues with the actual mappings in game myself despite seeing the error my end too. I'll add this to my to-do list to see if I can fix it though, but will likely require removal of some of the mouse mappings / secondary mappings to do it.

Cheers, AD

Congrats for ur new Rig!!!
The performance is still low, on my midrange pc, i7-7700k @5GHz watercooled, 1070OC 8GB, 16GB DDR4@4133MHz and 2x M.2 SSD in RAID0 i play on High/Ultra with 25-35 fps.. today phase 2 update will come. i bought odyssey also 2 days ago ^^ very interesting, but also a steep learning curve as we know from horizon. my eyes were square now after 15hrs of playing 🙃
now im taking a good sleep and maybe see ya later ingame, if they unlock wing / multiplayer in one instance ;-)

here´s my latest keybinding. i think this works good for pve fightings on foot

p.s. only error i got now in the BindingLoadingErrors.log is:

There where errors when loading preset file: ThrustMasterHOTASWarthog.binds
Missing devices: ThrustMasterWarthogJoystick, ThrustMasterWarthogThrottle

?

Attachments

• Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 5.0.0.3.0.binds.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Damn!

I've not had a go at Odyssey Alpha yet and have similar PC hardware as you....4770K but only a 1070.
I sure hope they can optimize the game by the time it releases, otherwise I won't be able to play and no funds for an upgrade at this time.

{sigh}

Now in Phase 2 the performance is MUCH better. I think they removed alot of bugtesting / compiling stuff. The download size of phase 2 shrinked about 15GB..
And now its very good playable, even with the new fantastic graphics! i play now with my "old" hardware around 50 stable fps on ultra 3440x1440 UWQHD!

Good to hear the performance is a lot better in Alpha 2!

Unfortunately on my end, my new PC build isn't going well. Looks like I've been sold a mainboard with old firmware not supporting the new 5000 series AMD CPUs and will not POST to update it. Going to take some time to get this sorted. The joys of ordering things online. Hopefully I can track down a 3000 series CPU on the cheap to get things going.

I also came across this on the forums for those wanting to copy the existing 4.3.0 mappings into the alpha. Just to share in case it helps anyone having issues:

Cheers,
AD

good day all - after a year away from gaming I come back to find ED in a state of change. as they say timing is everything...

Is there a new update released/planned for for the Warthog bindings? If yet to try Odyssey, figured I would talk to y'all here first to see what I might need to do first before going in blind.

Can anyone offer any advice with the voice comms?
I would like the setup of PPT Discord / pause VoiceAttack when the mic button on the throttle is pressed. Sounds pretty straight forward in the setup instructions.
Here are the user prefs I have selected
1620304405081.png

With the [Modifier *3] switch in the UP position, this is the Event that gets recorded
1620304545859.png

The first 5 lines are when pressed - the last 5 when released. I thought that maybe the separate Joystick & Throttle game controllers were not being removed [had that issue a LONG time ago] when the virtual controller was created. I checked the Game Controllers control panel and there are only the T-Rudder & Virtual controllers.

Any suggestions are appreciated...

Last edited:
Hi @Axsom ,

Unless AD jumps in with an answer...I might take a look at this when I get a chance this evening (NZT) or tomorrow.
It's been a while since I looked at this and tried to code my own Comms switches in my script.
If I recall, I could not get things to trigger reliably at the time and not having on line people in my time zone to test with at the time didn't help either.

Having more than one chat channel going during the game can be a bit of a PITA unless, one is in game and the other is VA, or Discord, or Teamspeak etc.

Clicker

Hi @Axsom ,

Unless AD jumps in with an answer...I might take a look at this when I get a chance this evening (NZT) or tomorrow.
It's been a while since I looked at this and tried to code my own Comms switches in my script.
If I recall, I could not get things to trigger reliably at the time and not having on line people in my time zone to test with at the time didn't help either.

Having more than one chat channel going during the game can be a bit of a PITA unless, one is in game and the other is VA, or Discord, or Teamspeak etc.

Clicker
Hey @Clicker,
Thanks for looking - I noticed that Discord will fire PPT when I hold down the throttle mic button. VA still remains listening. So, having VA listening to me talk to my friends is better than them listening to me talk to my ship - I guess...

I have tried just about every combo of on/off of the comm options... it's not like there are an infinite amount of possibilities and you are so right, getting the comms working in the past has always been a PITA I just always thought it was because my controllers had been showing along with the virtual one. Something I had tried so hard to resolve, before my break this past year+. When I reinstalled this time everything seems to be working correctly. New PC build probably helped with that

Thanks for looking at it and lmk if/when you want me to try something.
Ax

I'm thinking out loud here...

Obviously Discord is working correctly for you.
It is likely set to PTT (ie push to open, release to close the voice channel) and not toggle on/off (push to open, push to close)

You need VA to be set as PTT as well except it acts in the opposite way to Discord.
When Discord is open VA is closed and vice-versa.

So, When your press the MIC switch it needs to send 2x series of keypresses.

1st one should be to close VA.
2nd to open Discord.

When you release the MIC switch it does the reverse...
Close Discord, Open VA.

Question...

Please check and advise what key bindings you use for;
a) Discord
b) Voice Attack

Please also confirm both are set to PTT (and not toggle).

I'll then check AD's script usersettings and comms code and ensure they work as above.

Cheers
Clicker

Top Bottom