General / Off-Topic Avengers Endgame (May contain Spoilers)

I understand they all trained hard to get in shape for the movie. I was exhausted just sitting there for 3 hours. That's like a round trip to Hutton Orbital. I then watched the London marathon which triggered muscle memory.

Ive seem better behaved animals at zoo than cinema. At the end the usher came in and shouted "There is no post credits". So I like watching the credit role they are people too important.

So what about Xmen Phoenix?

Yes calling the Film ENDGAME may have been a bit premature.

If any one is going to see can they please hurry up because . There are elements that need to be discussed.
Go ahead and discuss, there is a spoiler warning in the thread title. So if anyone does complain of spoilers in this thread (hopefully) the moderators will defend you.

Yes calling the Film ENDGAME may have been a bit premature.

If any one is going to see can they please hurry up because . There are elements that need to be discussed.

I think you can easily spin that, as Endgame is just what Doctor Strange called it in Infinity War and it was the end-game as far as Thanos with infinity stones is concerned but "the end"? I don't think so. Steve Rogers is the biggest Avenger loss for me. So is Black Widow a big loss but while I like Falcon, like any new character putting on the Iron Man suit being hard to take because RDJ is so watchable, Chris Evans' presence has been massive. I'd argue equal to if not even more important than RDJ in building on from what RDJ does get the credit for having started.

I agree with Alien, warning is in the thread title, spoil away. (If any mods want to change it to 'definitely spoilers' go ahead)

Last edited:
I think you can easily spin that, as Endgame is just what Doctor Strange called it in Infinity War and it was the end-game as far as Thanos with infinity stones is concerned but "the end"? I don't think so. Steve Rogers is the biggest Avenger loss for me. So is Black Widow a big loss but while I like Falcon and any new character puting on the Iron Man suit will be hard to take, because RDJ is so watchable, Chris Evans' presence has been massive. I'd argue equal to if not even more important than RDJ in building on from what RDJ does get the credit for having started.

I agree with Alien, it's in the thread title, spoil away.

Maybe it should have been called Enough Already.

Personally I have always preferred the darker tonned of Batman Superman WW DC comic verse.

THANOS ILL BE BACK..

Want to see DC V Marvel. Or fan meta Edit.

Maybe it should have been called Enough Already.
Personally I have always preferred the darker tonned of Batman Superman WW DC comic verse.

Trouble is that darker tone makes for pretty horrible DC ensemble movies to date, where any humour - which you must have as a counter - can feel out of place unless it's very understated. Marvel just goes for 'fun' and while I only need to be told so many times that Batman is a broken person, characters that have the space to break and re-heal can have a real arc. I think that's probably where Marvel succeeds where DC has so far failed.

THANOS ILL BE BACK..

I sure hope so.

Goose4291

Banned
(b) Loki vanished into another dimension. The streaming service one .. or I like to think .. a dimension where Klau, Ultron, Killmonger and (dammit) Romanov are still a thing.

I think you're wrong on this.

I suspect Loki will be a 'surprise' for Guardians 3.

When I saw this movie, and saw the new Avenger outfits, it reminded me completely of the uniforms used in Elite. Also, like shown in Infintity War, there is a planet that is devastated by these huge flowery looking ships, very much like Thargoids. Someone on the design team must like Elite, alot! As an aside, there's a show on Netflix called Nightflyers, and the ship they're on is literally a megaship...the back of the ship has a bit that's sphere like and looks exactly like a nav beacon...just saying :)

FYI, there are two theories concerning the hammer sound at the end of the credits:
  1. When a wrestler or boxer dies, they bang the bell several times. Since this was concerning the death of Tony Stark, that MIGHT have been a tip of their hat to Tony Stark; OR
  2. That was Tony's daughter banging away at HER Iron Girl/Woman outfit.
Also, loved Thor's reference to Asgardians Of The Galaxy.
Also loved The Hulk going through mid-life with silver hair and glasses.
Lump in throat caused by Captain America finally getting the girl of his dreams.

As someone that never read any Comics, i found the twist with time travel to be very well done. The surprise attack by Thanos and the massive scale of the battle at the end was great.

Shame about Natasha Romanoff story end. She was such a great glue to all the Avengers through out all the episodes. And we never got to see her Solo Film before they killed her.

Is Captain Marvel a replacement for Superman? - she is like really strong. Makes me wonder what reaction viewers would have if Captain Marvel arrived at the end and One-Punch killed Thanos, like they did with Arya and Night King in Game of Thrones.:sneaky:

Just watched it. Boring fan service with maybe 20 minutes out of 280 that were actually decent.

Thanos is the only good thing about Endgame.

Is Captain Marvel a replacement for Superman? - she is like really strong. Makes me wonder what reaction viewers would have if Captain Marvel arrived at the end and One-Punch killed Thanos, like they did with Arya and Night King in Game of Thrones.:sneaky:

They would NOT have liked it. This is why I like the writing in, that the only reason she can't take names from start to finish, is that there are a lot of other planets out there competing for her time. Mind you Thanos managed to knock her out too!

SO MANY STAIRS !

Top Bottom