Aviaries and Birds

I would be so happy to see birds like macaws, owls, hornbills, other birds of prey etc, I think it would be awesome if we could build aviaries using maybe a fence type that creates an enclosed dome shape or to be able to use glass to make that kind of shape. Anyone else interested in seeing birds as habitat animals?

Last edited:
i was just coming here to post this lmao. So yes same!!! Although you can already build an enclosed space with construction items, but maybe a metal mesh wall and roofing variant would be cool for this type of build! or a new fence type, but i think making it enclosed would be easier by building a roof over the fence. That's how Ive made lemur habitats before.

I second this!!! Well, third this, I guess!! I want to see this in-game so bad!!!

I think if they added a new barrier type that was an enclosed mesh or metal dome of varying sizes, that would be perfect. It might work as a small exhibit type (in addition to the reptiles that are already in-game) but I'd also like to have the option to create fly-over exhibits or to use the aviary-style mesh enclosure for primates as well. I really hope this is in a future update or DLC!

This is exactly what i was and still am hoping for in a future dlc. Domed/roofed enclosures for different birds would be awesome. I was thinking earlier about the old zoo tycoon 2 game by the other developers, and i was thinking of what kind of DLCs would top the marine and dinosaur dlcs. An aviary dlc for planet zoo would definitely be a good match up to those dlcs. Itd be a really cool addition to the game! Doesnt even need alot of types of birds right away, id be happy still with 5-10, and maybe 2 fence types!

Definitely ! It could even be a walk-through habitat with different kind of birds together ! Like, could you imagine having the birds flying over your head ? It would be so beautiful ! (Yes, I am in love with the beauty of this game x) )

Top Bottom