Aviary Speculation in PZ Megathread

For enrichment items, if they have smaller birds, then they could potentially have a small bird house. (I'm thinking something small that could sit on or hang off a tree branch, not the whole aviary house).

IMO I think aviaries would be added as an expansion similar to zoo tycoons expansions rather then dlc. Too much for just a dlc, I think there needs to be at least 10 birds, maybe throw in 2 big birds that don’t need an aviary, some scenery and construction pieces that would complement the aviaries.
Current dlc just won’t cut it, yea we need a lot of construction for aviaries, scenery will be welcome, but we gonna need more the 4 birds to justify the inclusion

If we are talking about whats likely, its propapbly between 5 and 12 animals, depending on the size of the update and what exactly frontier is planning. The most favourable, but still somewhat realisitc scenario would be something like a 20 bucks expansion with 12 birds and building pieces.
Another likely one would be an animal pack with 7 or 8 habitat birds, a bunch of free pieces (remember, with the SEA pack we also got quite a few free ones with the statues and billboards, themed about creating aviaries. This would not be a first, as for example the SA pack introduced for free the mossrock sets and multiple new jungle plants.
Something else that sounds like its in the realm of possibilitys would be an additional 1 or 2 birds added in addition to the deluxe pack or basegame, but thats while a cool move not necessarly very likely.

So if we stretch it to the absolute max, 15 birds would be the maximum, and even that would be highly unlikly.

Today i had a realisation.
If we get aviaries and free flying birds, we will most likly also recieve an update to the barrier systems as a whole.
Basicly what would happen, is that our 2dimensional barrier system needs to incoperate the third dimension, and this is huge, not just for aviaries.
Right now, no two habitats can overlap their borders, the only way to stag them if they have the exact same border on a higer plane, as they are technically still the same habitat, but just cant reach each other.
Now, when they actually have to work with the third dimension, with the habitat barriers themself included, we could finally overlap the borders of habitats at different hights, something i wish for for a long time. It should also allow us to have one habitat overlap with another, for example with free flying birds overlapping their habitat with the other terrestrial and aquatic habitats in a tropical house. It would be a huge shame if that wouldnt be possible, so i really hope what im saying is less of a pipe dream and more of a big brain connection.

Top Bottom