AX Weapons vs Human NPCs

We’re all aware of how useless regular weapons are vs. Thargoids, but I can’t find anything that tells me how good/bad AX weapons are vs human NPCs.

Let’s say you’re loaded with Gauss Cannons (or AX multi-cannons if you’ve been Scout hunting), and you’re interdicted by an NPC, can you fight? Will the Gauss cannons and AX multi cause damage?

I know this is niche and unlikely but I’m interested for RP purposes.

Thanks to anyone who knows

Guardian Shard Cannons do comparable thermal damage to a meta-modified G5 frag cannons. Not superior, but at least competitve levels. Because I already have anti-hull weapons sorted in other fittings, this is a reasonable credits-only off-the-shelf substitution for said G5 frags. Just to be explicit, the G5 frags are superior in all respects, but shards can compete in terms of thermal damage, for no engineering cost except the initial unlock.

Additionally, the Trident is the only SLF that does absolute damage, noting the standard Plasma Repeater on other chassis does thermal damage, not absolute. This makes the trident good for overcoming high resistances.

Top Bottom